UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Doctor Who

pickle

Any of the 1/6 collectors / Doctor Who fans looking into getting these?

First in the series:

1_6-11th-Doctor-Product-Image-191.jpg

Second in the series:

Amy-Pond-1_6-Banner.jpg

Seems to be a new company getting into the 1/6 collectors market. They look to be of a good quality.

According to their facebook page, the third in the series will be the Tenth Doctor. Then the fourth will be a Weeping Angel :biggrin:

I am considering picking up Amy Pond.

Though, if I get into the 1/6 scale of figures, you know I will have to get a handful of favorite obscure Star Wars characters. (Medicom's R5-D4, Sideshow's upcoming Bossk, etc)

Despite the high prices, I am going to get the 10th and 11th Doctors, depending on how the final retail versions look. Supposedly they will be using the Hot Toys method of casting the head in flesh colored plastic, so the paint won't look so thick. They are also planning on using decals for the eyes like HT does. If they can make it work, then I have no problem paying $200 for those Doctors, and also a Tom Baker and John Pertwee if they ever make them. I will probably pass on the companions.

In anticipation of this line, I picked up a Cyberman, Judoon, and Dalek Sec from the 12" Character Options line. They will all need to be repainted, and Dalek Sec will need a new suit, but the sculpts are all decent, and they were only $20 each.

• 3 weeks later...