UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Help needed

Kostisfire

Hello everyone,march 6th(day of taking measures against school violence) is near so we needed to do a project. Having recently downloaded cyberlink video director 9.0,photoshop cs 5.5(or 5.0 don't remember)after effects cs 5.5(or 5.0 I again don't remember) and some other programs(all illegally of course,these things cost more than 500$) I chose the option of creating a documentary(also a good way of showing everyone my talents,which hopefully will turn the tables on ugly anarchists who don't even know that v for vendetta was adapted from Alan moore's graphic novel or what number π is and in general dumbasses,being the top guys,a spot neither I nor my friends nor anyone else can reach)about violence on school. I already advertised that I'll include real life bullying stories from America and then everyone went amuck asking questions. The documentary is due until this Tuesday,march 6th and will be screened in the central,big screen of our school and will be seen by everyone. So we're you fit in is that anyone who has been bullied or knows another school violence case please pm ASAP,I'm working on the video right now but I want the Pms to do the voice over. Just send me the story with your real name or the bullying kid's name,city,school so it doesn't seem fake.I'll close with some of my own experiences,your stories will be in the middle and I'll give them a big emfasis since they are the most important part of the video. When I finish it,I'll show it to you. I didn't make this thread earlier since I was in my 2 day school trip in Athens,where even though there were Internet in our room,I didn't use it that much because we had to go to the akropolis,then to the museum,then back at the hotel,then trying to figure out a way to get out of our rooms(which didn't happen since there was a teacher standing right out of our door,blocking the exit). Do please help me and pm me ASAP!

Thak you very,very,very much!

Edited by Kostisfire

There are so many things wrong with this post I don't know where to even begin. The illegal downloading? The pushing the deadline a day prior to the event? Asking for help then panicking when no one replies 6 hours later? The lack of punctuation?

If I may make a suggestion, you may be in the wrong place. If you look at the demographic thread, most of us have been out of school for a while. So that may have something to do with it.

You could always copy a few of Peter Parker's stories and mark them as 'anonymous'. :whistling:

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

There are so many things wrong with this post I don't know where to even begin. The illegal downloading? The pushing the deadline a day prior to the event? Asking for help then panicking when no one replies 6 hours later? The lack of punctuation?

If I may make a suggestion, you may be in the wrong place. If you look at the demographic thread, most of us have been out of school for a while. So that may have something to do with it.

You could always copy a few of Peter Parker's stories and mark them as 'anonymous'. :whistling:

Everyone downloads progrmas illegaly,at least everyone one i know,i didn't put the deadline myself,the teacher did and she informed us about the event while we were on the buses,punctuation is the greek question mark?i don't use it often,labeling a story as anonymous makes them seem fake,having been outa school for a while i thought you would have more experiences of these phenomenons.As for panicking i don't have much time in my hands and if i don't deliver it i'll seem like i can't be trusted.Anyway thanks for the advices,i'm gonna finish it tomorrow,maybe cancel some of my lessons at home.:sad:

I skimmed your "paragraph", but from what I can tell, you are looking for us to record ourselves telling a story about violence/bullying? I know it's great you are reaching out to MMMV (I did so a few years back for a science fair project), but isn't there anyone you know (family, relatives, friends, etc) in person who could help you? It would probably be a lot easier to have help in person.

I might as well interject some words into this post, first of all, I know alot of my facebook friends who have downloaded programs illegaly, admitting you've done it so blantantly isn't the best or smartest thing to do, just to say you've got the program or are in use of the program is enough/sufficient without mentioning the how or where you acquired it. ;)

Next up is your request, as for personal experiences, i've never suffered any form of mass bullying but i do know people that have, as already stated by someone above many of us left school 15-16 yrs ago some even longer than that, even if you could find someone who wanted to share your enthusiasm in the making of your video it is unlikely they will want their names and personal experiences spread all over the video. We're talking about a traumatic childhood experience, some people may simply NOT want to revisit these experiences.

As for advice, I know that in certain publications the reproduction of personal names isn't used, for example if Mr.Howard Brant of Florida told of his experience, one way would be to copy the experience word for word but use an alternative name using his same initials So instead of Howard Brant you could name him Harry Brown. At the beginning of the documentary state clearly names have been covered to protect identity but the stories and experiences used are entirely original and real.

There are lots of publications worldwide that use a similar disclaimer, it's not that they are fake but more protecting the rights and identity of the person affected by the event.

I wish you good luck on your project, and hope that people understand or at least from what i can tell from your original post there does appear to be a language barrier being that you are from Greece some of your chosen words or choices could be mis-interpreted.

In friendship

Rich

Okay let's see:

For the punctuation,I really don't know what it is. I've never used it,neither in English class nor when I'm communicating in English with some of my relatives.

For the "download",this is the part where your attention went? You tell me that you have never downloaded neither a program nor a game? Not even a movie? I have never downloaded a game since I like to collect the cases. As movies go,I download most of the ones I want to see since noone from my friends wants to see them.

Well,I'll delete the topic since the project is for tomorrow. I'll use a story from the net,change the names and polish them a little.

Edited by Kostisfire