UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

anyone got a spare leg?

Webhead

I may be getting a Dutch figure but his left leg is snapped at the knee. Does anyone have a spare leg that would match that body?

Probably just a regular Truetype leg. Sounds like you might not need an entire leg, but just a replacement knee joint. Truetype knee joints were historically, notoriously fragile. I've had numerous breakages. And the way it works is the leg has a calf piece, the knee joint, and the thigh piece all separate. You can just pull the knee joint out of either of the other pieces. Color might not match up, but he probably won't be wearing shorts or anything, so it shouldn't matter. Post pics when you get it in and folks can give you better advice.

With that figure, arm breakages are a bigger concern b/c he had rubber arms that weren't widely available and are no longer being manufactured.

Edited by karamazov80

• 3 weeks later...

ok I got him. Great figure! I just want to yell "get to the choppah!" Anyway here's his busted knee. You can see the joint itself is busted. Appreciate any ideas on fixing/replacing the joint. Previous owner just scotch taped it together.

post-41-0-85047100-1332178210_thumb.jpg post-41-0-30006700-1332178273_thumb.jpg

What Arnold's housekeeper saw a lot of

post-41-0-03949300-1332178319_thumb.jpg

Yeah, as K80 said, that joint should pull out from the upper leg, then you can just get a replacement knee from any other true type figure. You might want to boil some water and just hold that piece in the water for 20-30 seconds to soften the plastic, then pull it out with some pliers.

I'm not sure when they are being released, but if you want to replace the entire body, these Kaustic Plastic muscle bodies may be a good replacement for Arnie.

Yeah, you just need a replacement knee joint. The more recently made, the better. As I said before, ones made a few years ago were hit-or-miss. Pull the joint parts from both the thigh and calf.

Edited by karamazov80

Dutch is a nice figure, despite some flaws that HT has corrected with most figures since his release (head scale [though HT still makes small heads], tailoring of the outfit, better rubber body). He's definitely one of only 2 must-own HT Predator figures in my book.

HT has hinted at doing a 1/4 scale, articulated Dutch. . .

Edited by karamazov80

I missed out on Dutch, and there's no way I'm paying current eBay prices for him, I'm hoping I can find a Freaks member selling one off at a reasonable price one of these days.

I decided there is no way I am going to commit to any 1/4 scale figures. It just isn't realistic for my collection/budget. I'm running out of space/money as it is just trying to keep up with my 1/6 collection.

thanks guys for the input guys! I'll start looking for a true type body reasonably priced on ebay or on the freaks board. I am really impressed with Dutch and yeah i'm with you YB about the ebay prices. I got this from a freaks board member for $220 shipped from Canada. So even though it's not the exclusive I think I got a pretty good deal. and if I tape the leg up he is poseable...I just want to have a fully functional body for dutch. I tried searching the freaks board but that's like a needle in a haystack lol.

Edited by Webhead

I have seen Dutch bodies on the bay a few times. You might have better luck just picking up the random TT and cannibalising for parts.

yeah Shanester that's what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.