UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Venom Through The Ages Box Set

mtd20_2000

The greedy fanboy in me wants all three Beetle armors. (Jenkins' Beetle, not the recent unknown female) But if I had to pick just one, it'd be the second armor hands down.

And yeah, I'm down for new and old Kaine too.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love how we occasionally get thrown a bone with crazy sixties designs. Remember that ridiculous Mandarin we got? Completely ludicrous costume and I love it. I could totally see a First Appearance Beetle variant with the goofy suction cup hands.

Edited by bigvis497

I'd love to see the 2nd Beetle costume as well, and I'm betting that's the one we'll end up getting. But oh man, gimme that wonky 1st appearance as the variant.

I LOVE the '60s Mandarin that we got. Easily one of my favorite Minimate villains made.

He has a mustache and an "M" for Mandarin on his chest. What's not to love?!?!

I just picked up this set. I really like the top 2 Venoms (not so much the bottom 2). The newer bulked-up Venom is amazing!

I was missing a hair piece on the top left too. I think that's the first time I've had a piece missing when I opened up a new set.

Edited by MisterMiracle

• 2 weeks later...

I got my sets last night. I was not impressed with the idea of a Venom TTA set, but these Minimates are fantastic. I really like them all but bulked up Venom really reminds me of the initial Brock Venom from comics. Nicely done.

Totally agree. I caved in and bought one and I'm very happy with it. Also I was wondering why we didn't get any black webline. I figured that would've been easy to do...

Edited by CableNathan

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got this in the mail today, and for somebody who's not that much of a Venom fan, I'm really digging this set. One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is how good the Eddie Brock face tampos are. Compare to the old Transformation Venom:

20130126_213251-1_zps529e3b8f.jpg

20130126_213415-1_zps6db40c2f.jpg

The calm face and the crazy face are very similar even though the tampos are slightly different. You can tell its the same guy which is pretty impressive based on how simple the Minimate design is. I'm really loving the continuity here.

The only thing I would change is giving Anne Weying a new hair piece instead of the re-used Goliath hair. I really like the worried look on her face, unfortunately the hair covers up the eyebrows.

I've been away from comics for a few years so I'm not familiar with Flash as Venom, but it's a great looking mate. Going to need to find a body with a varsity jacket I can QC for a classic civilian Flash.

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix#ip/21803079?wmlspartner=wlpa

Here's the link :D

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix#ip/21803068?wmlspartner=wlpa

And Another, so yeah do you believe me now? and i know i thought only Comic Stores and TRU sold them

Edited by ironfist1234

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is like MotUC the Robotos/Gygors spotted in a SoCal Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, one store's general manager making a purchase and selling items they’d like to sell just in their store a not a company wide plan to sell the product create by either Wal-Mart or the manufacturer.

although, that said, I do plan to check the Wal-Mart on the way to work everyday until I find a Catrine DeMew, so if I see any minimates that would kill my theory.

So... what "others" did you find, Fisty? (yes I am too lazy to follow links)