UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Venom Through The Ages Box Set

mtd20_2000

Zach - The recent Flash Thompson Marvel Select figure is a beaut looking toy, but it seems to be based on different art to the minimate. Do you know why the smoother, military look was used for the minimate, and the more animalistic/crustacean looking armour design was used for the MS figure?

Different product managers. DIfferent designers. Different sculptors. Different toy lines with different strengths. Not sure why each chose who they did, but I think they each chose right.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Different product managers. DIfferent designers. Different sculptors. Different toy lines with different strengths. Not sure why each chose who they did, but I think they each chose right.

Sweet - thanks for answering :)

I really love how they both look. I don't collect MS - but i think i might buy this one :)

This set is on my shipping list for next week. :)

Yes!!!

My Transformation Venom minimate will be going to the extras bin here then sometime next week.

Now if we could get updated Hobgoblin and Sandman since of the previously already made Spidey villains, I don't have either of them.

This set is on my shipping list for next week. :)

Yes!!!

My Transformation Venom minimate will be going to the extras bin here then sometime next week.

Now if we could get updated Hobgoblin and Sandman since of the previously already made Spidey villains, I don't have either of them.

I lucked out with Hobgoblin. The mall near me had one sitting near the register at FYE. Almost didn't get it- glad I did. My Sandman is actually made up of three separate pieces- the head/hair from the original, the arms from Spider-man 3 and the torso from the battle ravaged Spidey 3 Sandman. Looks awesome once all is said and done:

image39.jpeg

I find it odd how much I want this set. Like... very odd. I mean, I like Venom a lot. But I wouldn't think of him as a character I'd want a four pack of. Iron Man, sure. Cap? Yeah why not? The Hulk? Absotutely considering the multiple personalities. (Want Devil Hulk and Grief Hulk. Badly. Minimates of them should exist.) But Venom? Never thought of him as a guy with enough different looks to justify this.

I was very very wrong. I want this set a lot. 3 incredible looking figures (And Lady Venom which looks good, but not AMAZING) and awesome accessories... Plus me not having a truly great Venom to work with... Yes. I'm tracking this down.

I loved Venom, but he became a victim of his own popularity and overexposure. Which is a shame. I'm enjoying the Flash/Venom stuff, but I confess I miss the old scary Venom of his first few appearances.

Some great looking minis. Bulked Venom and Flash Venom are the coolest, the other two I don't care for.

Bulked up Venom is certainly one of the best mms ever released. I love all the bulked up mms.

Venom looks spectacular next to Spidey.

Does anyone else think there should be a new Carnage? The simplicity of the original release works for me, but I'd buy a new one in a heartbeat.

Like Elektra didn't necessarily need an updated version, but I appreciate the new Paint and everything else.

Does anyone else think there should be a new Carnage? The simplicity of the original release works for me, but I'd buy a new one in a heartbeat.

Like Elektra didn't necessarily need an updated version, but I appreciate the new Paint and everything else.

I'll deal with Elektra first...please remind me,what changed ? :rolleyes:

Carnage ? Probably (definitely if you forget the hands) the most complicated 'vanilla' minimate ever made .

I have much to say about this set but I'll wait until I see it in the flesh amorphous extraterrestrial parasitical replication :unsure:

Oh look, Wook managed to stumble his way right into pushing BHM's hot button.:whistling:

Would I like to see some of the new sculpting tricks applied to Carnage? Yeah. I think the collar piece on She-Venom would look great on him. But we know that there will be a greatly simplified tampo job, do to cost increases. This isn't debatable, it's just how it is now, right Spidey? So would that be worth it- an unpainted Carnage with new sculpted parts or the little tampoed masterpiece we got the first time? I'm torn, but leaning toward leaving well enough alone. In a perfect world, they would perfectly match the red of original when they made a new one, so I could just give the additional accessories to the old one.

Edited by Mirymate