UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Superman snag - return it or not?

Webhead

Hey guys looking for your thoughts on this. I got my Reeve Superman and there's a snag on his back thigh. I contacted BBTS and they have added another Supes to my pile of loot and sent me a shipping label to mail back the original. I thought ok cook this is great, no hassle with them at all. I then checked out the SSF board and saw that snags in the costume is pretty common and one guy made a good point: that the replacement you get could be worse than what you currently have. So now having second thoughts on whether to send it back or not. I mean at first I thought it's a no brainer because you pay $200 for a figure it should be perfect right? Here's a couple pics of the snag. Everything else on the figure is fine.

Also my HT Cap had some marks on the sides of the helmet and on the A so he's going back for sure.

post-41-0-48432200-1330472000_thumb.jpgpost-41-0-87869600-1330472138_thumb.jpg

Edited by Webhead

I completely understand wanting a perfect one for the prices they are, but since it is going to be covered by the cape 99% of the time, I personally would excuse a defect that small. If it were on the front, as plain as day, that is another story.

But you have to be happy with it, and if that defect is in the back of your mind and preventing you from enjoying it, then by all means get a replacement.

Just hope the "S" is centered on your replacement... :tongue: :thumbsup:

Compare the replacement with the original one you received and send the worst one back. Too many quality issues with Hot Toys figures and rising prices convinced me to get out of that game.

Beautiful figures, high prices, and deteriorating rubber costumes. hahaha!!

with all due respect Webhead, whilst I completely understand what you mean about this being perfect at that price point, I genuinely cannot believe someone would call them out over a blemish like that.

Is this costing you any extra is postage? Have you any idea how bad other people's versions have ended up being?

Is that little snag even visible when his cape is down?

not saying you shouldn't go for it, if you feel the mark on his leg isn't acceptable, but there must be a pretty good chane anything you receive hasn't got it's own problems.

Compare the replacement with the original one you received and send the worst one back. Too many quality issues with Hot Toys figures and rising prices convinced me to get out of that game.

Beautiful figures, high prices, and deteriorating rubber costumes. hahaha!!

BBTS wants me to send back my Superman before they mail out the other one. So I have to decide now. The snag bothers me, I don't care how small or where it is. I am just concerned what I get back as a replacement could be worse then i have to go and complain again.

Thanks Shane I was beginning to think I was too OCD.

BTW here's my cap helmet with the scratches/marks

post-41-0-36183600-1330487225_thumb.jpgpost-41-0-60424300-1330487235_thumb.jpg

Hard to say, unless I was in your shoes. I actually sent back my first Supes, and got another one back that is also imperfect, but better, and I accepted it since I don't think a perfect Supes is likely to come along. This release has had various issues from shiny spots on his head, to off-set S-shields, to snags, to indentations on the rubber chest part. It's a gamble. And it sucks because it is such a basic figure, and little flaws really stand out.

Edited by karamazov80

Hard to say, unless I was in your shoes. I actually sent back my first Supes, and got another one back that is also imperfect, but better, and I accepted it since I don't think a perfect Supes is likely to come along. This release has had various issues from shiny spots on his head, to off-set S-shields, to snags, to indentations on the rubber chest part. It's a gamble. And it sucks because it is such a basic figure, and little flaws really stand out.

Yeah I was unaware of the shiny spots and the off-set S shield. When I get home on thursday I'll have to check both of those. I had thought my shield looked a bit too much to the right but I thought it might have been due to the costume not being entirely centered on the body. Ugh!

And dj87 I don't think I'm being too picky. These things aren't cheap and as a buyer I expect less QC issues. And the fear of getting something worse now has me considering not returning it.

Edited by Webhead

The off set "S" was usually pretty bad. It was obvious in the few cases I saw.

People can think we are nit-picking all day long. Let them drop $200 on something and bite their lip when its damaged. I will not.

• 2 months later...

Well I'm happy to report I finally report that I've got a good Superman now. The second one that BBTS was worse off than the one I returned originally. Got my 3rd one in the mail last week and I opened it up today and it checks out OK. No snags anywhere and everything else looks ok.

Never give up!!!

Glad it worked out for you Webhead. You should definitely get what you paid for. Especially since this isn't something you can get at your local store.

Never give up!!!

Agreed. Any time I hear someone say that I can't help but follow it with Peppy from Starfox: "Trust your instincts!" "Use the boost to get thru kid!" "Do a barrel roll!!"

That is all.

:lol:

I'll say this about the experience. BBTS both times wanted me to ship back the whole figure for a complete replacement (they paid the return shipping of course). Whereas from what I've seen Sideshow would have probably just shipped out a new suit.