boyd

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Day one entries are up. Nice to see that Minimates are kicking' ass and takin' names. :)

Luke, your AOA work is top notch as usual. Who did the Batman ones? The paint work on those is outstanding! The Archer ones are great, too. I was thinking of doing a set of those, but it looks like I got scooped! :D

Wow, Minimates are kinda dominating on Day One!

Some very nice stuff there. Really love the Batman Minimates - very nice detail work and part selection there. Plus the Joker's face is wonderful, and the shorter Penquin is both cute and disturbing.

The Archer Minimates are great - nice job with the likenesses and accessories.

And the AoA Minimates are spectacular. Love the Quicksilver and Iceman.

Great job, everyone. Now bring on Lobsterman's "mysterious" set!

Day two is up.

Nervous, those angels are breathtaking, and Dino, the backstory is great! I'm a little jealous showing on the same day as you, because those blow my stuff right out of the water. Very well done, sir.

The Batman mates are very cool, too. I love the Mr Freeze.

I have to say, Minimates are very well represented in this custom con!

Edited by Lobsterman

That is amazing! Minimates still dominate the con on day 2!

The second Batman set beats the first in my opinion. I especially like Freeze here. Great parts selection!

I've already seen a sneak peak on Nervous' Before the Fall mates, but he did add some great details. Very well done man. Those figures look just great. And cool backstory, TM2!

And Lobster, you continue to amaze me. This second set of GotG 'mates is fantastic! Amazing details on these. And I totally love the Make-A-Mate idea - and how he turned out. Just great!

Edited by Bob Harris

DST, if you make those Guardians of the Galaxy custom into an official wave, I will forgive you for making Kang :D

Dang, 50% of today's CustomCon is Minimate-related. Either we're getting really prolific with our customizing, or other customizers are slacking.

Love the inventiveness of today's Batman entry. Really like Two-Face and Mr. Freeze.

The angel Minimates are just stunning. Wonderful parts, wonderful paint, just wonderfully done. And the story's not bad, either, TM2.

And the modern Guardians are just as great. Some wonderful sculpting done for Rocket Raccoon & Starlord's helmet, and everything about Groot is perfect.

Well done, everyone.