UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

UK Meet-Up

dj87

i'm definitely in... it would be cool/helpful to get a vague idea of numbers.

also, anywhere in London is fine by me, so lets those with ideas or preferences speak up first.

OK ...so I'm arriving at Paddington at whatever time & will be staying somewhere in London overnight soooooooooooo I'm OK with any venue that anybody knows but I'm keen to book some accommodation nearby .....beer,talk,laugh,eat,joke= eventual crash :biggrin:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just the 3 of us?

as us UK folk know, London is a big ol' city, so there are certainly many areas I'm not completely up to speed on, despite living here for 20 years.

I'm going to have a look now, I suppose it would be nice to avoid an overtly tourist area (as they'll be nowhere to sit and/or hear each other speak), but somewhere fairly central seems important.

it did just dawn on me that there is a pretty big 'spoons right by Tottenham court rd, which is also pretty close to a certain Forbidden Planet. Just a thought.

... right now, I'm thinking anywhere but Leicester Sq.

I could wear my Southampton 1976 FA cup winners shirt (please Google)...."I was there" but I guess it might be a bit controversial :biggrin:

Tall,slim, good-looking guy in black leather jacket & jeans barely showing his years,no glasses,most hair .

edit: I'll bring my mobile but don't hold your breath it's ancient.....

..........OK ,like me :thumbsup:

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 10 months later...

If I was anywhere near the London Comic Con I would definitely be up for a cup of tea and complementing it with some of those superb Minion Cookies, UKC! tongue.png

Hope that it all goes well. And happy hunting if you're on the lookout for some new 'mates!

Thanks Stevie. The minion cookies went fast, and the con on the whole was very successful. We sold all of the cookies we had, and will be at MCM and London Comic Con next year.

The con was really good, even saw a few packs of Minimates.

If we manage to get another UK meet up on the go, I'll bring some cookies with.

We went MCM in July, and we have a charity event that weekend otherwise we'd be there again, probably as a vendor.

It's a good con, absolutely massive, but my advice is get there early, or you will queue forever.

We will definitely be doing the summer one next year.

And I will try to sort something out for the UK meet, but my weekends before the end of the year are a bit crazy (a wedding, and a couple of weekends away). Will see what I've got free and see if anyone is available.

• 4 months later...

Is anyone going to the London Super Comic Con in 2 weeks time?

http://www.londonsupercomicconvention.com

I think I'll be there on the Saturday and Sunday, so if anyone fancies meeting up, let me know.

Other UK meetup options could be the MCM Expo on May 23-25. Diamond were there last year, but the day has more of an anime vibe, rather than 'comics'.

http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/

The London Film and Comic Con on 11-13 July should be a good one. The con is much more sci-fi and comic centred, lots of guests including Summer Glau (for those of you who like such things), Hodor (Hodor, Hodor) and Stan 'The Man' Lee, who will be making his final European con appearance.

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com

My girlfriend will be a vendor at MCM and the London Film and Comic Con, and I will be at all of them with her. She'll probably be looking to get rid of me throughout the day to stop me scaring customers, so a meet up would be great. Could grab some drinks afterwards as well.

Who's in?!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MCM was a really great con in the end. Had a lot of fun, and my girlfriend was very successful with her cookies. Sold out completely!

Adventure Time cookies proved to be amazingly popular.

Our next one is LFCC in July. Any Multiversers in attendance? Winkerbean still going?

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

post-2082-0-87819000-1401795771_thumb.jp