UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

UK Meet-Up

dj87

We started discussing this (again) in the London convention thread, but I don't know who has or hasn't popped in there.

anyway, we're feeling its time to stop talking about this, and actually get it organised. So... don't stop talking about it at all, that would be incredibly counter productive.

I'm in no way a proper organiser of events, but a thread like this is to gauge interest, ideas and such. I'm hoping everything will start to fall into place.

right, first off... numbers, who is interested? Always important to find out your numbers.

secondly, where? I mentioned London, as it shouldn't be too difficult for people to travel into (public or private transport), but Rob has also very kindly invited us to sleep at the bottom of his Lake, if people fancy travelling down to Devon. I'm certainly open to this, while it may be a little more difficult getting to, it does cover accommodation as well, which is nice. PLEASE DO offer other suggestions if they're, y'know... good.

lastly, when? I figured late summertime would give people the necessary time to come up with a watertight plan, arrange transport and potentially time off from the respective employments (if necessary... lets try and come up with something that works for everyone)

ok, GO!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

after the Olympics is a good call, plus it offers more time for folks to sign up, etc.

Its a little short notice, but I may well try and get along to that there convention. Anyone been before?

• 5 months later...

Thread necro!!

I propose November 17th as a meet up date, in London, with the exact venue to be decided. I'll be PMing those of you that I know live in the UK to hassle you to attend, if I miss you, please dont be offended, just give me a prod and we'll add you to the list.

There's a couple of us down to attend already, but hopefully we can get one heck of a meet up between us, and drink some fine ales!

You guys are meeting in Manchester? I'll have to send you Karl Pilkington Minimates to celebrate.

Ah yes, the fabled Karl minimate! We demand photos!

And no, we're not meeting in Manchester, I think BHM was just on a wind up.

Edited by UK Collector