Weird & Cool Youtube Video's...

bruticus

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw that yesterday, and y'know what? I'm not digging it. I love that particular song (and Queen generally), I love the Henson-era Muppets, and that video has a number of characters who were known pretty exclusively for their exposure on the original Muppet Show and Muppet movies. However, contemporary Muppet productions have always felt a bit superficial and soulless to me, and more than a bit cheesy. It isn't as blatant here as it is in some of their recent TV or movie appearances, but it's there nonetheless.

The old-school Muppets had real heart, and substantive humor that worked on multiple levels. There was genuine creativity and love for what those people were doing. New Muppets feel strongly infiltrated by corporate interests. Those characters no longer have the soul that they once did, which is sad.

The closest I've seen to Muppets getting back to their routes was the scene at the end of Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Though of course, those were not actually Muppets. I was encouraged by the decision to allow Stoller and Segal to be involved in the new Muppet movie, but I almost have to think that anyone involved with the Muppets as they are at this moment would need to be shelved for that movie to succeed where the vast majority of post-Jim Henson Muppet work has failed. Possibly even Frank Oz and Dave Goelz, if they are in any significant measure responsible for what the Muppets have become. Brian Henson has had a large hand in all that, and frankly, I don't know that his involvement would be a good thing.

Edited by karamazov80

Likely to be the only one who remembers this, but...

Nope!! I remember that; they made it a deleted scene?? I remember watching it when that kinda stuff was..."accepted" in society. It's barely that bad; what, do they think children are gonna go out and purchase gasoline?!?!?!?! :blink:

Unrelated, but here's one that i always get a kick out of:

• 2 weeks later...

Came arcoss this earlier today looking for a different theme song and it requires a little set up. In the 90's

. Now the first season of it is God Awful. Just impossible to watch bad. The second season was most pretty good, or at least watchable. They gave the show a different theme for that season, which they used for Iron Man's appearances in the other Marvel cartoons of the day. Always liked it.

So with that proper intro,

• 4 weeks later...

_____

Edit:

Check it out... Clash of the Titans trailer #2. This is looking better and better. And yes, the Kraken makes his debut in this one. Now if DST would just score the license to produce minimates based off this movie.

That one looks good to me. I found it funny that the first trailer focused so much on the fight against the scorpions, although that is just a little part of the whole story. Oh, but I still don't really like the music.

Edited by Bob Harris

I don't think the music you see there will be the music used in the film actually. though one of the guys from Muse is supposedly doing some soundtrack work...

And yeah, Laim Neeson screaming "RELEASE THE KRAKKEN!" gave me serious chills. That... That was awesome.

Now I want to know how Feinnes is as Hades. Not bad as Voldemort, but as Hades? We'll see.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow.... its been a long time since I posted in this thread, since like 2006 so anyway just for the fun of it I still frequent youtube a lot so not much has changed but I have found a few more things, so seems quite the thread to kick start my kinda return to the world of minimates.

• 2 weeks later...