bruticus

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not YouTube, but i think this needs attention. I was just browsing my MySpace and came across this. Let me say, it is not for the easily depressed. This is very saddening, and i feel just horrible for the guy. Let's keep him in our thoughts, shall we??

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=57709115

:(:(:(

During this week it's

I'm conflicted on this one. Great commercial, no doubt. But who are the people who will decide to vote because they see this commercial? If people are voting because of this commercial, then are they the kinds of people you want making decisions on who controls the government? Here in the States, we have similar types of "hip" commercials that try to convince kids to vote, but I personally feel that people who don't pay attention to things enough to care enough to vote without this motivating force should just stay home. . .

Further, this appears to be a commercial that is not sponsored by any given political party or parties. Thus, I'm guessing that an EU "community fund" of some kind pays for it. But surely it will disproportionately affect certain segments of the population over others. So if I were, say, a conservative political party, I might be a bit peeved about it. Maybe they have offsetting commercials of older people fulfilling their "patriotic duty" to vote or something?

I know what you mean, Karamazov. I guess that is a general problem. This year those TV - I don't watch TV, but I guess there are TV spots as well - and web-spots try hard to be funny, to arouse this casual, hip, cool feeling to - I don't know - even celebrate voting. (Like everything has to be celebrated these days. <_< ) (Me and my girlfriend just casted our votes an hour ago, but besides a 90 year old women there was nothing funny and cool at our polling place at all...)

And now to something completely different:

I just found those spots on fake German and fake English. This is funny - although both speakers seem to be Germans!

You see, English does sound like that spot to me. Really. If I don't really listen to what people say, English seems to have this "sound". Do you feel the same for the German example?