UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across Spider-Man and Daredevil at Target today. Almost picked them up before I took a second look at Daredevil and noticed something wasn't quite right:

IMG_0045_1.jpg

It's certainly one of the craftier swap-outs I've seen. Since DD was the one I wanted, I ended up leaving Spidey behind, along with the impostor here.

I picked up my Odin Wave at HasbroToyshop with a code for about $122 and some change. I'm hoping the Thanos Wave hits there soon and I can find the same deal. Much easier than trying to do the hunt anymore. Kind of like shopping for Mates at Luke's site. Has anyone seen the SHIELD 3 packs in stores yet? I know they are available online, but I got burned by the site a couple of years ago.

Edited by The_Donster

I appreciate the offer Hawk, but I'm going to have to pass. Dead broke and actually hoping the wife finds it happy.png

Don't usually collect stuff this scale, but I had to pick up a Hellcat when I saw one yesterday. She's pretty great, my only quibble is them using yellow paint over dark blue on the top of her shins for some reason, when the rest of her is yellow plastic, but it's not that noticeable. Of course now that I know how good her costume looks as a toy I want a Minimate even more...

It's too bad it's so unlikely DST will make her, especially since it would take, what, one new piece?

Haven't seen anything past the All-Father wave in my area yet. There's lots of stock of it everywhere so I'm thinking it might take a while to see something new.

A friend grabbed the SHIELD pack for me, and Fury's cool, Maria's awesome (despite those awful perma-holsters from Winter Soldier Widow), but holy crap, Coulson is perfection. I love him so much. I can't decide which head I want to display, and the Destroyer gun is just amazing.

Coulson is a great figure and has one of the most accurate headsculpts Hasbro has done. I'd love to get a minimate with the same accessories. I'd be happy with Hill, but the headsculpt looks like the sculptors had someone describe Cobie Smulders instead of looking at a picture. They didn't even get the hair right, which should have been relatively easy. Fury... well, we've seen this figure before and it wasn't great then. The sculpt is fine but the arm articulation is atrocious. The headsculpt is decent, but I think Hasbro's done better Samuel L. Jackson likenesses even at the 4" scale. I'm happy with the set just for Coulson alone, but it could have been a lot better with just a little extra work.

For those on the fence about the SHIELD set's price, TRU.com has marked it down $10. Linkage.

I actually just got my set in the mail on Friday. Like others have said, Coulson's the best. I really like the new suit body. Fury has convinced me that Hasbro really needs to retire the trenchcoat body. It's just not up to spec with their newer stuff.

If anyone's interested, here's my review of the set.

I don't collect Legends but I have a friend who does and holy crap, you guys got like three waves in the past couple months. I don't like how they mix movie figures into the waves but there's a lot of really cool comic characters.

Makes me jealous since Marvel Minimates has been so dead as of late.

Edited by bigvis497

I just got my Batroc, Hellcat, and Spider-Woman that I preordered from Amazon today. banana.gif

The wife is making me wait to open the ladies until Easter, confused.gif but I was NOT waiting on Batroc. I have a Batroc action figure! BATROC!

Got Hellcat, Spider-Woman, Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 in my Easter basket. All are really nice. Spider-Woman is a tremendous upgrade over the rather lame Toy Biz release. Spidey I was on the fence about, but he's really fun to play with an the accessories are great. BTW, his pizza slice fits perfectly into Thanos' hand. thumbsup.gif