UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

Yeah - i'm in a similar boat with Gladiator. I'm hoping they do for him what they did with Archangel and release him on the singles market with a slightly different deco.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never saw Archangel (or Wolverine) in stores, so them rereleasing them did nothing for me.

I have movie Star Lord already paid for and waiting for me to ship him (the whole Groot wave, actually) from BBTS (I'm just waiting on the dang Minimates).

We're talking about the SDCC exclusive comic Star Lord, who is part of a boxed set. confused.gif

Thanos-Imperative-Marvel-Legends-Box-Set

My Drax & Rocket are lonely. :(

But thank you.

Apparently, they've told people at the booth that Marvel Legends are selling better then they ever have (I'm assuming this is during the Hasbro years), so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. Set looks great, and there are apparently some swap figures still to be announced. There's also going to be a box set including Radioactive Man and classic Ms Marvel, and another Spider-Man wave to be shown.

Still no home for Batroc and Bulldozer though. sad.png

How are they selling better if I never see them in stores? I'm still only finding Hope & Constrictor & Klaw*... <_<

*Minor hyperbole, because I do also see the same WWII Caps & Superior Spider-Men everywhere as well...

Still never saw Mystique/Moonstar or Wolverine waves, though...

Oh damnit. $50-60 bucks for the three pack and two figures I dont want or need. I could probably sell off Radioactive Man and recoup some of the loss, but I'll be Stuck with Cap forever.

I might not need to worry about the SDCC exclusive...

From Fwoosh:

So at the Hasbro Panel Saturday, it was announced there would be more GOTG figures, cause the first sold so well in pre-sale on Amazon. Nova was the best selling figure, even though he is not in the movie, shows to the store buyers that fans want classic comic characters.

There will be a box set of comic styled GOTG - Not sure if this is the second wave or in addition to it.

Here's some notes from Dwight on the box set told to me after the panel in the hall:

StarLord - from the SDCC box set

Rocket - BAF mini with a new head/expression & more "Fire power"

Groot - BAF with new comic style head

Drax - using the new Sentry/"Luke Cage" base

Gamora - the Moonstone base with painted costume details, not scuplted.

I'd still have to get Gladiator, but until they give us Lilandra, he's not super crucial for my shelves...

Gotta love it. My wife gave me the greenlit to pick up the SDCC exclusives once they hit HTS.com and they haven't listed them yet. I've got a bad feeling that they'll list while I'm at the doctors or go toe to toe with Mattel next week,

So who doesn't want Starlord? Paying 1/5 of the box is seeming more and more possible than the whole thing up front (and trying to sell the remaining figures), unfortunately. sad.png

I'd love Gladiator, too, but Starlord is a priority for me.

Especially after seeing the movie (even though the figure is the comic version).

Got my set and kicking myself for not picking up another one since I used Bill Me Later. Still, looking forward to this set.