UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

My set of Cap Series two arrived from BBTS the other day, and my Marvel Now! Cap arrived today, along with Boomerang. Which means I have a complete Mandroid!

CapInfinite.jpg

On a side note, is anyone trying to build the Ultimate Green Goblin? Because I have the pieces from Spider-Girl and Boomerang, and I don't have any interest in the Goblin.

Mandroid? More like Meh-Droid. Am I right??? *crickets*

Dig Zemo. I've seen him at Target a few times, as well as Winter Soldier. I guess they are the peg warmers of that wave.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zemo and Skull aren't really pegwarmers, but they were rereleased for some reason with the second wave. Shipping more army builders makes too much sense, I guess. Winter Soldier I can only guess was two per case, like Superior Spidey, and is getting left behind.

OK, I'm a little behind on my Hasbro ML. I picked up the Winter Soldier stuff and it kind of re-ignited my passion for the ML. Doesn't hurt that some of the figures of the past waves hit discount stores too. So here's my question, how much was the SDCC X-Force and Thunderbolts originally? I'm not completely sold on the TB, but I'd love to be able to track down all of the X-Force figures eventually.

I think the X-Force set was $75, and the TB set was up around $100. I could be misremembering, though, since I wasn't after either set (though I will be after the one this year.. sigh). Good luck finding X-Force for under $200, though. There was a lot of unhappiness regarding availability of that set.

I'm really torn on this Thanos Imperative ML set.

I decided some time ago that i was done with Marvel Legends. It definitely hasn't been 'all bad' since Hasbro took over, but the character selections haven't done a lot for me. The paint apps haven't always been great (i'll concede that they have improved), and the constantly dropped characters and variants had begun to dampen my spirits.

When Jim Lee Jean Grey was announced, I bought and said 'This is it - this is the last character that i desperately wanted. I'm out'. I was happy - i'd gotten a lot of great characters that i'd really wanted & Jean Grey was one of the last 'Must haves'.

Then they announced the Jubilee build a figure set. . . . aaaaand i was back in. Stryfe, X-Face Cyke, Now Storm.... all great looking figures.

But then Thanos Imperative is announced. As an X-Men fan, i really want that Gladiator, but i don't know if i want to pay $100+ for him.

I'm actually a little surprised that he has been placed into a box set that spans so many families. A lot of the previous sets have focused on a single Marvel group, but this is a story-based set and so it encompasses Fantastic 4, Inhumans, X-Men, & Guardians.

Hopefully i'll be able to find a Guardians/Inhumans fan or Inhumans fan who doesn't care for Gladiator and wants to sell him off, but i suspect he's actually going to be the most popular character in the set and will not be going cheaply on eBay sad.png

I was a bit dirty that i ended up having to re-buy 4 other characters to get the only ML Rogue that ever came out back in the ToyBiz days. I hope This isn't the start of a trend for Hasbro.

The X-Force 3 pack was only $49.99. Thunderbolts was $89.99.

I really want all of this years set! I've been into the cosmic side of Marvel since Annihilation, so this years set is right up my alley.

Without getting too pedantantic, they were released under the 'X-Men' brinding, rather than the 'Marvel Legends' branding, despite having been made by the same people to the same standards as the ML range.

The X-Treme Rogue was a good deal better looking than her poor, ML predecessor.

I'm debating on if I'm going to try and track these down after SDCC. Starlord is the only one I don't know much about, but he still looks pretty good. I wonder if they'll get around to doing the rest of the Guardians outside of him and Rocket? I've seen some nice customs of some of them.

Without getting too pedantantic, they were released under the 'X-Men' brinding, rather than the 'Marvel Legends' branding, despite having been made by the same people to the same standards as the ML range.

The X-Treme Rogue was a good deal better looking than her poor, ML predecessor.

I feel like that's like saying there was never a DCUC Poison Ivy because it was actually DCIE. Same s*** different name haha.

I might get Storm if I see her at retail. I imagine she would be easy to pawn off once I got over the initial excitement, and the Jubilee piece could probably pay for it itself.

• 5 weeks later...

I bought Nova and Groot loose. They are pretty nice, though Groot's a little flimsy. I was going to get Star Lord (he's already available for clearance prices) but hopefully I'll get the SDCC box set with the comics one.

My movie wave is sitting in my Pile of Loot, but does anyone want my Nova & Iron Man? (Also my Mandroid pieces & Marvel Now Cap?)

Also, if anyone (Glantern?) could help me get comic Star Lord, I will be your best friend. confused.gif

Hell, I'll trade Nova, Iron Man, Cap & all the Mandroid BAF pieces for SDCC Star Lord. unsure.gif

My movie wave is sitting in my Pile of Loot, but does anyone want my Nova & Iron Man? (Also my Mandroid pieces & Marvel Now Cap?)

Also, if anyone (Glantern?) could help me get comic Star Lord, I will be your best friend. confused.gif

Hell, I'll trade Nova, Iron Man, Cap & all the Mandroid BAF pieces for SDCC Star Lord. unsure.gif

I'm planning on stalking the Hasbro site once SDCC is over. If I can manage to get a set that way, Star Lord is all yours.

Thank you.

I lucked out myself on the X-Force set that year.

I just only want Star Lord, and can't afford to drop the whole amount for just him on the hopes I can unload the rest. confused.gif

(Not to mention I kinda got in trouble for sitting on the website all day at work, and can't really risk that again.)