UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was on display along with 20 or so other proposed ML figures as a fan-voter pole. Hasbro asked the public to vote on which figures they should make and the winners were packaged as two-packs a couple of years back.

If memory serves, the winners were Deadpool, Valkyrie & Black Widow. They were packaged with Warpath, Hulk & Winter Soldier respectively.

Other figures on display that didn't make the cut included Multiple Man (in his current look), The Hood, Lady Bullseye, Brother Voodoo, Fantomex, Constrictor, and Bag Head Spidey amongst others.

1349933272[/url]' post='247039']

I've got a spare of the older Legends Hawkeye figure I think. I guess he's hard to come by nowadays?

Yeah, and he goes for a lot on the secondary market, even though a lot of collectors bemoan that figure. I like it, though.

No Hasbro display at all at NYCC. They usually at least have something set up at the Marvel booth even if they aren't there themselves.confused.gif

She was on display along with 20 or so other proposed ML figures as a fan-voter pole. Hasbro asked the public to vote on which figures they should make and the winners were packaged as two-packs a couple of years back.

If memory serves, the winners were Deadpool, Valkyrie & Black Widow. They were packaged with Warpath, Hulk & Winter Soldier respectively.

Other figures on display that didn't make the cut included Multiple Man (in his current look), The Hood, Lady Bullseye, Brother Voodoo, Fantomex, Constrictor, and Bag Head Spidey amongst others.

Damn, wish they would make them. Thanks for the info. I was out of legends for a while.

• 1 month later...

You know, I saw that green and black Spidey and thought that looked pretty cool. Stumbled across Wave 3 today and almost bought US Agent. Quick question, why does he have gun and will it come off his hand? Might pick this up down the road. For now I need to put my monies toward giving my little guy and wife a good Christmas.

• 1 month later...

Ahem...

IRON PATRIOT EEP YES PLEASE NOW THANKS.

rwqg6u.jpg

So beyond excited for this. Considering just bidding on the $50 one on eBay; i love the Patriot. VERY happy Hasbro went with the Extremis mold; i see people on Fwoosh nonstop whining that it's not the movie buck....but Patriot doesn't wear the movie armor. At all. His most techy element is the leg armor...the rest is a classic Iron Man muscle-suit armor. Extremis is as close as possible without a new sculpt.

Speaking of new sculpts, Bleeding Edge looks awesome. Sad to see that armor go; once it became a "permanent" thing for a while it really starting working. Sharp figure nonetheless.

But, THE IRON PATRIOT.

Yeah, I'm more excited for the Iron Monger BAF then any of the individual figures. I imagine I'll be buying the pieces loose, or taking my chances that these guys get clearanced eventually. It absolutely amazes me that there's more Iron Man product on the way when stores are still packed with IM2 stuff, at full price. REALLY gotta clear that stuff out there, guys.

So did anyone ever see ML3 in stores? Anywhere? I ended up buying US Agent on Amazon for a great price (about $10 with free shipping), but I can't say I'm all that interested in anyone else from this wave. Some people seem to have gotten the Hit Monkey wave, but I don't think they've shown up in stores yet. It's taking all my dicipline not to overpay for Hyperion on Amazon.

My LCS is the only place i saw Wave 3. He also can't even give them away; i think he's only on his second case and they're peg warming. I'm still waiting for White Doom. I DID order Archangel though, and lordy i love that figure; glad i didn't spring on the SDCC for him, he's as close to perfect as you can get. Love the colors. (we still need that Betsy to actually get rereleased though)

Waiting on my LCS' shipment of 4 for Cap though. My favorite Cap look besides Commander, but i don't want to pay out the ass for another Cap.

I've seen wave 3 at my LCS and very VERY briefly, at my TRU. Australian TRU's almost never get any of that stuff any more - so it was quite a shock to see Mystiques angular cheek bones jutting out at me from the Marvel isle.

I've still not seen the 2nd release of this wave with Moonstar and FF Doom, though.

I saw Wave 3 in a Walmart in NorCal and that is the only time I've seen them at retail, other then that the comic shops in the area and Frank and Sons seem to be the only places carrying them. Who were the variants for Wave 3, Deadpool, Moonstar and Dr. Doom right?

I saw Wave 3 in a Walmart in NorCal and that is the only time I've seen them at retail, other then that the comic shops in the area and Frank and Sons seem to be the only places carrying them. Who were the variants for Wave 3, Deadpool, Moonstar and Dr. Doom right?

Blade and Dani are running changes, Deadpool and Doom are the variants, if i recall.

• 2 weeks later...

That Rogue looks pretty great, although, the weird placement of the (X) on either side of her cleavage makes her look a little.... lop-sided ... or something.

Emma..... still isn't hitting a home run with me. I think AA/DST have absolutely nailed her current look with the recent AvX SDCC Pack. Maybe the Wolverine/Legends fig will look better when she has a cape on.

I'm psyched about the prospect of an AoA Jean, but there are no pics of her. So i'm worried that they've made a mistake and are actually talking about Jim Lee Jean.

I'm hoping the Wolvie Legends line isn't final. Emma needs a cape to look less rail-thin and Sabretooth looks odd without sculpted fur. I'm guessing Emma's headsculpt is shared with her MU version like Punisher.

Besides that i'm thrilled with every reveal so far. Just fantastic; knowing we might see Moonstone/Dark Ms. Marvel tomorrow is amazing.