UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

Weird, when did Target do that? I was literally at Target on christmas eve AND in between New Years and I even went Jan 01. NEVER saw them go on clearance. They had NO ML and all the ICONS they couldn't sell were completely gone! ARG!!!!

Targets here put the Toy Biz stuff on clearance on the 26th at 30%, then dropped it to 50% during that week. By January 1, the good stuff was gone.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. Not to be rude, but Cloneme? Shadap.

The Origins figures rock. You got a problem with that? Take it up with your precious ToyBiz. Because every single figure in the 6" line is a repack and slight repaint of the Spiderman LEGENDS. That's right, most of those figures came out in the first 5 waves or so, long before most stores picked them up. Essentially the only way to get them before had was to pay through the nose. Does Rhino sock? Yes, yes he does. But it's ToyBiz's fault for making him that way.

Hasbro cares about collectors. Notice that each figure is a slight if not substantial repaint. That's because they didn't want the people with the original collection to feel like they can get the same toys cheaper. Hasbro also cares about to bottom dollar. They repainted them to make sure the collector would care enough to get them because of the new paint apps.

The packaging is awesome. Nice molded bubbles, cool card, each character has an actual bio on the back. Very nice. They are easy to display because you can see the entire figure. Heck, they look just as nice in packaging as out.

Legends, I can't really comment on. I was never a die hard collector to start with, and I am not going to rush out and get every figure now. I can tell you what I do know though.

Hasbro is still using some of the same ToyBiz designers. You claim you don't like it? It's the same guys doing it, at least for the first few waves.

Are the toys smaller? Maybe, I haven't seen them myself yet. But I suspect Hasbro will get into the groove rather quickly and start pumping out luscious molds rather quickly. If you notice, when TB started doing BAFs, they scaled the toys down themselves. Take a look at the Apocalypse wave compared to wave 7 or so. Each figure is smaller all the way around.

There's no comic? No big loss. I never read them anyways. They should each come with a cardboard play background if I'm not mistaken. Like I said, I haven't seen them in person yet.

Yes, they went up to $10. Big woop. I was already figuring them at $10 when Walmart jumped their prices by a dollar and TRU by $2 during the last waves of TB. That extra few dollars does something that I am reallying looking forward to. Customer Service. Seriously, has any one TRIED calling ToyBiz customer service? They suck! I mean, they really suck! Hasbro I've dealt with all my life. I know them, and I know that they take care of their customers. Cloneme, you don't like Emma? Call them up and complain about the paint apps. They'll send you a box to ship her back in and send you a new one.

Look, they may not be perfect, but they're learning. If you notice, the new Minicons for Transformers kinda suck too. But they'll get it in a few waves. They're new to this, give them time. I'm quite sure they will get it shortly. All I know is compared to the MORDAK wave, ANYTHING is a step up!

Like I said, I'm not belittling any one's opinion but rather bringing in another side to the argument. This is just my opinion.

TM2 Dinobot, I'm not sure what Hasbro you've been dealing with, but I got a Sigma 6 Snake Eyes missing one of his visors and contacting Hasbro got me an answer along the lines of: "we don't have extra stock/pieces here, so return it to the store". If I got that over a visor, I find it hard to believe they're going to send a box and replace a figure because of shoddy paint apps.

:angry: So they chose to vacum metal (or whatever) Iron Mans armor. Dude, did no one learn there lesson with the old Iron Man series Toy Biz did a while back in the 90's. Stupid Fire Armor Iron Man.

TM2 Dinobot, I'm not sure what Hasbro you've been dealing with, but I got a Sigma 6 Snake Eyes missing one of his visors and contacting Hasbro got me an answer along the lines of: "we don't have extra stock/pieces here, so return it to the store". If I got that over a visor, I find it hard to believe they're going to send a box and replace a figure because of shoddy paint apps.

That's odd dude. I've never, NEVER had anything but good dealing with them. I deal with them a lot. Then again, maybe that's why. :P

allright lets not all fall out over two companys.....

sure both companies have problems but at the end of the day were fanboys and girls and so those that have brought the other 16 (or whatever) lines of marvel legends will probably buy theese sets i know im gonna.

still at least they have more articulation than dc so they can pose a bit better. and no i dont think theywill rescale marvel legends. can you imagin the outcry?

I haven't seen them myself yet.

Then don't speak...not to be rude and all.

I mean honestly. I never said ToyBiz was perfect. BUT I think Jesse Falcon had the line going in a better direction. YOU go to the store check out the ML figures and then formulate your own opinion. Because having no seen them yet, it's not fair for you to shoot down others opinions or thoughts on the ML line. i.e telling me to "shadap."

Sorry dude, but the origins figures stink. If they are from previous ToyBiz stuff , then why did Hasbro opt to take 5 steps back instead of one step forward? C'mon companies are always improving their figures. Toy biz's older stuff wasn't that cool. But at the time it was an awesome break through. I remember when Marvel figures had 5 points of articulation and it was the coolest thing ever. Do I want that to return? No. Did ToyBiz ever bring them back? No. Then why did Hasbro bring them back.

Look. All I'm saying is the origins figures are nothing new. They have nothing near ML articulation. Nothing near Spider-Man figure articulation. I was hoping to see them breakthrough right out of the gates with an awesome line up or something killer but it was all mediocre at best.

Hey...I'm still buyin 'em.....

Look. All I'm saying is the origins figures are nothing new. They have nothing near ML articulation. Nothing near Spider-Man figure articulation.

Now I have to disagree. My Symbiote Spidey has quite a bit, and Iron has a very nice amount too.

Really?! The only Spider-Man origins figures I have seen have the fixed torso which I think looks weird. I've seen the Symbiot Spidey which is okay, but I have yet to come acros an iron Spidey.

DP can you post a pic of Black Spidey out of the packaging.

**EDIT** You're right the symbiote spidey does have ML style articulation. I guess I can get over the silver and over the venom V crotch....

Look, I am really not trying to pick a fight here. I see no need to have a huge blow up over, well, Marvel Legends. In case some of us (myself included) haven't looked lately, the site's called Minimate Multiverse. Not Marvel Multiverse. So I see no reason to flame over a line that is second chair at best. ;)

Cloneme, I'm sorry I told you to shut up. I do feel that you were, still are, coming off a bit strong, but hey, that's your opinion and you're more than entitled to it.

I like the Origins figures myself. Then again I'm a SMC fanatic. Demogoblin was a nice repaint of a figure we haven't seen in ages. Doc Ock was a, Ultimate repaint. I'm not sure that mold agrees with that character. Spidey 2099 is a nice repaint of a good fun figure actually. Still waiting on Iron Spidey. Symbiot Spidey is a great figure, with a paint job thats kinda hard to screw up (silver instead of white. not bad) with great articulation. Then there was Rhino.

The fact that Toybiz was allowed to make this dude in the first place make me truly sad. The fact that Hasbro would openly repeat their mistake... This is the worst Spidey figure I've ever owned. Half a step above a KO. Really, really bad.

I can understand Origins. Hasbro needed something and they needed it as soon as they took over the license. They pulled a few figures, gave them a once over with paint, and they're there. I'm sure that by the end of the year we'll be knee high in new molds.

BTW, on a related note, there's not enough words in the human language to describe how much I love Beta Ray Bill. ^-^

Oh, yeah! Have any of our members scored a Destroyer yet? I haven't although I DID see one in person... :)

And you didn't buy it?! I'd kill you for that... I WANT ONE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD! Oh, and 2099's leg articulation sucks.

Dumb little question: does the Destroyer have the same removable mask as Thorbuster Iron Man? :huh: That would just be weird.

No... If you see another, BUY IT FOR ME!!!

I'll pay

Huh. I saw one the other day and kinda went "huh, a variant" It's not like I had any money anyways.

I can't find Toybiz stuff ANYWHERE!!! Man, I need that Destroyer!

To anyone who has the Destroyer: is he all he's worked up to be? I'm not sure, but somehow I think he wouldn't be as cool if he weren't, like, the RAREST variant ever...besides Goliath... and he was just a chase... Does anyone have the Goliath figure? In my mind he still seems like a myth. I've never, EVER seen him. Ever. What's the story behind him, anyway? The toy, not the character. :blink:

To anyone who has the Destroyer: is he all he's worked up to be? I'm not sure, but somehow I think he wouldn't be as cool if he weren't, like, the RAREST variant ever...besides Goliath... and he was just a chase... Does anyone have the Goliath figure? In my mind he still seems like a myth. I've never, EVER seen him. Ever. What's the story behind him, anyway? The toy, no the character. :blink:

I just think the Destroyer's sculpt is AMAZING looking. He's all intimidating and powerful.

At this point I'm wondering if the variant Psylocke is gona show up or not? <_< I actually need as regular one of her, and if you see her variant (black) don't hesitate to grab it. Even if I don't nab her off you some one else will.

At this point it's incredibly doubtful that the variant Psylocke will ever come out. Toy Biz stopped Marvel Legends production last year, and no one is receiving any new Marvel Legends figures from them. So if it hasn't been seen in stores somewhere already, it's probably not going to be seen. That includes the variant Psylocke, Power Man and blue costume Wasp.