UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only figure I don't have is Toad.

Try collecting only X-Men MLs, and having everyone but him. Anyone wanna sell him?

I tried collecting them all, but it got too expensive. X-Men's what I cares abouts most, so's X-Mens what I gets.

It also really ticks me off (because it hurts my wallet) when the BAF is an X-Men character (like the last three were). Anyone want Baron Zemo, Abomination, Maestro, Falcon, and Power Man?

I'm glad the first Hasbro BAF isn't an XMC. Too bad the second one is. I dread to hear of the third...

Gah. Got ML Spiderwoman the other day. What a piece of TRASH!!!! I've had issues with ToyBiz in the past, I've ALWAYS had issues with their quality control. But SW, her leg joints are so loose they were almost entirely ripped out. Her ankles and hands wouldn't bend, and her elbows were blued together. Considering that that mold is crap anyways, I'm just taking her back. I've got a pretty good eye, so I know that she hadn't been opened. But the figure is ruined. It's 100% scrap. I'm taking her back to wallyworld, which fortunately had them on sale for $5 each.

The faster Hasbro takes over, the better. Hasbro has awesome customer service and quality control. Toybiz?

"Take it back to the retail outlet you purchased it from"

Hey JL, if you get out, can we talk about some Spiderman figures? :P

Oh, DP, I got what I needed, thanks. :D

Gah. Got ML Spiderwoman the other day. What a piece of TRASH!!!! I've had issues with ToyBiz in the past, I've ALWAYS had issues with their quality control. But SW, her leg joints are so loose they were almost entirely ripped out. Her ankles and hands wouldn't bend, and her elbows were blued together. Considering that that mold is crap anyways, I'm just taking her back. I've got a pretty good eye, so I know that she hadn't been opened. But the figure is ruined. It's 100% scrap. I'm taking her back to wallyworld, which fortunately had them on sale for $5 each.

The faster Hasbro takes over, the better. Hasbro has awesome customer service and quality control. Toybiz?

"Take it back to the retail outlet you purchased it from"

Hey JL, if you get out, can we talk about some Spiderman figures? :P

Oh, DP, I got what I needed, thanks. :D

Man, I can't even find wave 15 right now. Should've got Psylocke, Falcon, and Spiderwoman (and the damn Thorbuster) when I had the chance.

I have not wanted to get into the ML line simply because I can't afford it but I have loved it and have wound up with 2 figures along the way but having seen the new hasbro wave I don't think they really compare to the toybiz version. The package has changed to a standard blister card without a comic book and I really think the paint apps leave something to be desired over the TB versions and a increase in price from 7.99 for toybiz to 9.99 for hasbro is a pretty steep increase for what seems to be a toned down version of a once awesome line.

Yeah, but if it means better quality control on the toys, I'm more than willing to pay it. Some places around here already bit the bullet and marked the figures up to $8.99 *cough*TRU*cough* So it's not that big a jump. I'm willing to pay an extra dollar to make sure Spiderwoman never happens again. :angry:

Just got a few of the new Hasbro Legends figures..... NOT impressed paint is messed up, I'm gonna have to find another White Queen cause her paint is so bad I haven't opened it. I'm just going to hang on to it until I find a better one, then return the messed up one OR just put collectors out of their misery and destroy it with an M-80. OH and the purple parts on Annihilus(sp?) are pink not purple. They look like pink with glitter sprinkled on.

OH, and I HATE the origins figures they did for Spider-Man. They are horrible. The rhino hardly moves. NO articulation. I am so disgusted by the new Marvel lines it's not even funny. I wished ToyBiz would have continued to design them and Hasbro only did the distribution on them.

However, I am still on the fence about the legends lines. I want them, but I don't think they're any better. I think they're kinda worse. They're 9.99! For fucks sake. The packaging is probably what drove the price up and it is so unnecessary! The packaging is completely uncalled for.

I hate Hasbro.

Couldn't have said it better myself Cloneme, I completely agree.

Hasbro must think everyone is stupid.

In addition to what you said about MLegends, we're getting weak figures, expensive for crappy articulation, and if you notice closely, the regular size body figures are actually smaller. They are thinning them down than than they would normally would look like, to make a few more bucks. Who is going to pay 9.99 each (70-80) to make a BAF for the next two waves? Ult. Iron Man really dissapoints me, I still prefer the M. Select version.

It's all crap and just as I expected. Not surprised at all. $9.99 and you don't even get a comic. :P

I don't need the stupid packaging!!

^^ & ^ Oh dear... this does not bode well for my Marvel Legends collecting. I didn't know that they were jacked up to $10 WITHOUT A COMIC. This is horrible...just horrible...

And can anyone write a review for the Spider-Man Origins 6" figures? How do they compare with MLs?

I really liked the old "blister" type bubble card toybiz used now that its a finite line in that regard I may start seeking these out Also loved the use of a comic as the "card art" I've always thought a Marvel line would look great if the card art for each character or wave was done by a different artist, but thats just my opinion, and as the saying goes...

"Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one and they all stink."

Couldn't have said it better myself Cloneme, I completely agree.

Hasbro must think everyone is stupid.

In addition to what you said about MLegends, we're getting weak figures, expensive for crappy articulation, and if you notice closely, the regular size body figures are actually smaller. They are thinning them down than than they would normally would look like, to make a few more bucks. Who is going to pay 9.99 each (70-80) to make a BAF for the next two waves? Ult. Iron Man really dissapoints me, I still prefer the M. Select version.

It's all crap and just as I expected. Not surprised at all. $9.99 and you don't even get a comic. :P

I don't need the stupid packaging!!

I will. I will pay, because I am a hopeless addict. So there!

^^ & ^ Oh dear... this does not bode well for my Marvel Legends collecting. I didn't know that they were jacked up to $10 WITHOUT A COMIC. This is horrible...just horrible...

And can anyone write a review for the Spider-Man Origins 6" figures? How do they compare with MLs?

Yes I will do a mini one right now.

They stink. They don't even have torso articulation. They are fixed in a weird arched position kind of looks like he's letting out a fart... or he's got back spasms. And why the hell is the symbiote Spidey( and venom) black and silver? Not even like the movie costume. Just the regular black white spidey outfit, substitute silver. Very strange. I liked that the spider-man line that toybiz did where basically legends style figures with ball joints and a lot of articulation. The Rhino figure doesn't even have a ball joint in his shoulder or bend at the elbow. It's pretty bad. I think Hasbro is trying to be all cool by using these metallic finishes and they suck. Everything is metallicized but Rhino. Mysterio has a "cool metal finish" or whatever they call it and Spider-Man 2099 is sparkly and again with the silver on Symbiote Spidey and Venom. C'mon, Hasbro!

And to go back to my original rant, the pink on my annihilus.... is supposed to be purple. The head piece I got has a dark rich purple. The arm? pink.

And another thing. Did ToyBiz ever use the vacumetal look. I thought the stuck with paints on the metallic finishes. Why? well because I think the Ultimate Iron-Man from their Marvel Legends line looks cheap that way. With the plastic vacuformed or whatever its called. grrrrrrr. Ah well what are you gonna do. I'm gonna buy the ML but probably NONE of their other stuff. Looks too cheap and not nearly as high quality as TB.

I will. I will pay, because I am a hopeless addict. So there!

Continue your adventure, I am a completist and can never pick and choose. If most continue to be crap, I will reconsider my path.

Scored the entire first wave today. They seem easier to find...

I just counted and I have 73 Marvel Legends. I have every regular-edition figure and close to half the variants from Series I to Series IX (Legendary Riders Wave).

Like JL, I'm a completist (bordering on severe OCD) and always had to have every figure in the wave regardless of how terrible it looked. Thankfully I've conquered my ML addiction. I'll still pick up a character/variant here and there, but not much. I'm still hunting for that unmasked Green Goblin!

The Hasbro line sucks already. As Austin Powers would say: That's not Emma Frost, it's a man, baby!

I'm buying this first round because I'm addicted to BAFs.... so yeah. I'll keep checking them out but they just don't seem to promising to me.

Anyone else notice that their Target has no Marvel ToyBiz stuff anymore but TRU does? I wonder if they'll all be going to Big Lots or Pic N Save or GTM or wherever expired toylines go to die.... that's sad.

Anyone else notice that their Target has no Marvel ToyBiz stuff anymore but TRU does? I wonder if they'll all be going to Big Lots or Pic N Save or GTM or wherever expired toylines go to die.... that's sad.

I don't know if they'll be anything left to go to Big Lots. The leftover Marvel Toy Biz stuff around here flew off the shelves when Target put them on clearance. Now all that's left is a few Spider-Man villians.

Same story with the Wal-Marts around here - the only thing left is a few AOA Sabertooths. Even at $5, they refuse to go away.

The BAF are the only thing that has kept me behind the line. My run of Two BAFs for each series in over though. I'm curious to find out who the 3rd Hasbro BAF will be.

Hmmm I've been to a Big Lots and have never seen a GTM or Pic N Save.

I don't know if they'll be anything left to go to Big Lots. The leftover Marvel Toy Biz stuff around here flew off the shelves when Target put them on clearance. Now all that's left is a few Spider-Man villians.

Same story with the Wal-Marts around here - the only thing left is a few AOA Sabertooths. Even at $5, they refuse to go away.

Weird, when did Target do that? I was literally at Target on christmas eve AND in between New Years and I even went Jan 01. NEVER saw them go on clearance. They had NO ML and all the ICONS they couldn't sell were completely gone! ARG!!!!

GTM is like Big Lots here in Socal. But actually a little nicer, newer stuff.

i have over a hundred marvel legends (including BAFS and movie figs) and im 14..

i recently went to the marvel legends photo galery place and saw hasbro MLs series 1 !

i thought great only the modok series to come to britain and then the hasbro sereis will be hitting the shelves....then i clicked on the link and saw the terrible lumps they are calling marvel LEGENDS!

have you seen white queens face?? its all squished

hercules looks ok i suppose....i just need more space for my avengers thanks to christmas

banshee. great we get another british figure... wait his heads far too big

movie beast! - oka bit of an odd choice but still he looks ok...cant beat my x-men stealth beast but oh welll

war hulk/planet hulk whatever he is i dont really care ANTER hulk.and there using the old casts!

Ultimate iron man! - another iron man armour for my already cramped armoury (its really just a section of shelf with hulkbuster first appearence and war machine and modern but still.....) but then theyve made the fatal mistake of casting him in shiny plastic..... making him look like a cheap power ranger

and so on to Annihilus

wasnt he purple and not girly pink in the comics?

and the fact that they dont give you a little body Annihilus is a bit annoying even the old animated series one had a removable head with a little body......

so overall .. its not looking too good for hasbro for a few reasons

Less articulation

paint plastic problems

etc

but im a completist and i want herucles iron man and banshee (possible beast) so no doubt the set will be bought!