UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been swamped with work lately, but I finally got a chance to open my Amazon AoU Set and my Hulkbuster wave.

The AoU MLs are a fun sub-set, though I still really want the twins, Vision, and Falcon to go with them.

MLAoUs.jpg

I hate the new cape they've been using, so I replaced Vision's with a spare Toy Biz cape I had. I like him a lot more now.

VisionMod.jpg

I really want the Twins. :(

Hasbro keeps missing opportunities to complete movie casts by subbing in comic figures.

We could've gotten Ronan & Nebula instead of Nova & Iron Man.

We could've gotten Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch instead of Hellcat & Batroc.

People would have still wanted Hellcat, Batroc, Spider-Woman, and Nova (did anyone want Godkiller Iron Man?), and they could've been in a different, all-comic wave.

I don't see them giving us random movie characters outside of their respective waves.

Well, Wanda may yet get a figure from Civil War, so there's that. And Nebula could get a slot in Guardians 2, provided Gillen returns. But, yeah, Pietro and Ronan are kinda out of luck.

I can understand Hasbro's dilemma in balancing comic and movie figures. Being totally honest, I probably wouldn't have been so quick to grab the whole Thanos wave had Hellcat and Batroc been left out, since they were my favorite figures from that set. I also wonder how much say retailers have in what goes into a series. The movie figures from the CA: TWS and ASM2 ML lines are the only ones I still see on a regular basis, and the fact that Thor, Widow, and Hawkeye got put in an online exclusive boxed set instead of getting slots at retail point to retailers only being interested in certain characters from movies.

Nebula will be back, and with more screen time, Gunn has said.

My issue with a Civil War Wanda, is I want her Sokovia battle costume. The one we're getting with the Hot Toys, thankfully. The one we got with the Minimate, thankfully.

If it's a CWSW, it'll probably be her "Assemble" outfit.

Not that I hated it. But I really liked the red jacket & black dress. confused.gif

As for the Thanos wave...that should've been a comic galactic wave.

Age of Ultron should've had Hulk as the BAF (since he's bigger than Thanos), and had Ultron as a normal figure along with Cap, Tony, Wanda, Pietro, and whoever else you wanna throw in.

My point was, you would still get your Hellcat, Spider-Woman & Batroc - in waves that made sense for them.

We're likely never getting a movie Ronan (and I still don't have the old comic BAF Ronan that I really want), and he would've made infinitely more sense in a GotG movie wave than the two comic figures we got (heck, put that Nova in the Thanos wave).

:(

• 8 months later...

The past few waves have thankfully clogged stores, but they didn't show up until a few months after people were getting them elsewhere. Yay, Chicagoland. <_<

Anyone have Ultron arms & legs or Red Onslaught arms they don't want?

Or more Giant Man pieces? I got the right arm & head from Gmonkey, and will have the left leg with Black Panther when I ship my PoL. I remember someone else here saying they'd hook me up, I just don't remember who (thanks to the board eating posts), or what piece(s).

On 7/5/2016 at 7:29 AM, TENIME_art said:

The past few waves have thankfully clogged stores, but they didn't show up until a few months after people were getting them elsewhere. Yay, Chicagoland. <_<

Anyone have Ultron arms & legs or Red Onslaught arms they don't want?

Or more Giant Man pieces? I got the right arm & head from Gmonkey, and will have the left leg with Black Panther when I ship my PoL. I remember someone else here saying they'd hook me up, I just don't remember who (thanks to the board eating posts), or what piece(s).

I have the Giant Man piece that comes with Fury. Was going to mail it out when the board ate my PMs. If you still need it PM me your address.

Also if anyone sees Deadpool at large and can snag one for me I'd appreciate it. I have the others from the X-Men wave that I wanted on preorder but Hamburger Head eluded me.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

• 2 weeks later...

You guys know I'm not a big X-Men fan but this is a great wave.  The only pre-Marvel Legends figure I still have in my display is the old ToyBiz Warlock, so I'll be glad to put him aside.  Sunfire, Polaris, Dazzler- the RIGHT Dazzler- win win win.