UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

I have one question though... the figure in the package is Classic Capt Britain, with the unionajck crossing his chest but is different to the one on the packaging... is this a case of there is a slightly different variant out there too?

Timbo, according to the new ToyFare, it was a production change. The prototype had the Unionjack, but the actual figure doesn't... Sorry.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timbo, according to the new ToyFare, it was a production change. The prototype had the Unionjack, but the actual figure doesn't... Sorry.

Cool thanks A. I love the fact that you guys have an answer for almost everything. :)

I'm happy I think this one is better it's the one I would have wanted :)

T.

Actually I think you got that backwards the prototype didn't have the union jack and the production one does have the union jack, I was wondering that too TBT thought maybe I sent you some rare variant, but all the ones I found this last week all have the union jack on them.

Actually I think you got that backwards the prototype didn't have the union jack and the production one does have the union jack, I was wondering that too TBT thought maybe I sent you some rare variant, but all the ones I found this last week all have the union jack on them.

lol well if it is te first thing i did was to tear it out of the package and put it on the shelf...

So I'm not going to be making a fortune on ebay from it :P

Thanks for the find Santos, the Electra Set is going today.

T.

aawww man...... guess I'll have to go look around next week after i get paid and see if there are any Blackhearts in this area.......

My local Target never has any new figures (just saw 1 Legendary Rider Thing)....TRU doesn't even have any Marvel Legends???.....and all the Walmart near here had was the Giantman Series and KaybeeToys has Apocalypse series, but only 3 figures....

It's very Marvel Legendsless around these parts

I wish I could find some Giant Man figures locally. I still want a bearded Sentry (MIB) and that goofy variant Wolvy (only for the hand).

The only reason I got the set was for Onslaught, but the only redeeming figure for me was Pyro. He looks amazing in person. Loki was a letdown. I envisioned him with a young man's face, but they gave him a pruny face, no offense to old people though. Rest of the figures, I don't know what I'll do with them yet... Anyone got any firecrackers? :P

• 3 weeks later...

OK I ordered a "case of 4" from AFX and it turned up today...

packout was

1 IM

1 CAP

1 Var Cap

1 Var Wolverine

which is cool as I tihnk the variant wolverine looks cooler than the regular one...

anyone know what sort of case breakdowns others are getting?

These are pretty darn cool, I wasn't a huge fan of regular sized ML's but the paint apps seem really good and the one I've opened so far ( IM of course ) seems to have nice stiff joints and look pretty well made. :)

T.

Can we get some pics of the Variants, Tim?

They're still boxed but if I open em up then sure....otherwise there's nothing you havent seen online.

The variant heads look pretty cool esp on Wolverine...

T.

I looked for pics and couldn't find any of the variants. So could you please take pics of the 2 variants you have?

Hey Thanks. I love both Captain America's and the Regular Wolverine. The Variant face(for Wolvie) is just..well. Blugh! That's just My Opinion, though.

Man-Oh-Man! That Cap looks flipping sweet. I figure I'll have to keep an eye out for that guy... I never did get the regular ML. I've been tempted by the Showdown figure many-a-time, but have never gotten it... I'm definately picking up the big boy!

I saw these (actually just a regular Wolverine...) at my local TRU this past weekend. They're hitting retail. I think it was $14.99.

The only one I'm even interested in is Ultimate Iron Man. I love that suit and I can't wait to see the figure. I have the Marvel Select version, but it's just not the same as the Legends. Maybe this will light a fire under DST/AA to give us a Ultimate Iron Man Mate. neo

Marvel Legends have drawn DIRECTLY from comics. The latest Wal-Mart series should attest to that considering the popularity of New Avengers. They have also fashioned a few figures after movies.

It would be hard to get better, but here is hoping they do. My fear is how easy it will be to get worse...

The line up:

*Planet Hulk

*Banshee

*Hercules

*Movie Beast

*Emma Frost

*Ultimate Iron Man

-Annihilus baf

You know... Until I followed the link and saw Annhilus listed as the Build A Figure I'd always assumed that BAF was fan slang for Big Ass F***er! (the last word being descriptive in an exclamatory fashion, rather than a verb!) ;)