Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 8:52 AM, Gmonkey2k said:

I have to say...I think I've jumped ship.... The last set of Minimates I bought was the Doppelganger/Venom pack.

This past weekend I went to a Walgreens after a long hiatus just to see what was there. Still no wave 8, 9 or 10. However I happily purchased a Marvel Legends Mystique and Genis-Vell for 13.99 each, leaving behind the Captain Marvel movie minimates. 

4 minutes ago, MrClean said:

This past weekend I went to a Walgreens after a long hiatus just to see what was there. Still no wave 8, 9 or 10. However I happily purchased a Marvel Legends Mystique and Genis-Vell for 13.99 each, leaving behind the Captain Marvel movie minimates. 

Oh damn! Still trying to find Silver Surfer... Doesn't help that the closest Walgreens is ~30-40 minutes away ?

On 2/27/2019 at 12:08 PM, Gmonkey2k said:

Oh damn! Still trying to find Silver Surfer... Doesn't help that the closest Walgreens is ~30-40 minutes away ?

I just noticed Mystique is on walgreens website for order at 13.99 also.

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, stack32 said:

That 3-pack might be good enough to overcome the annoyance that I have to buy three figures to get Jean.

Having not bought Cyke or Wolverine in those costumes from Habro, I'm ok with this 3-pack, but I can understand frustration from those who only recently purchased the Jim Lee Cyclops.

• 1 month later...

It's a real shame too. I remember those sets fondly, as they were released at my first ever ComicCon. Getting to buy them when and where they were released was a bit magical.
They were pretty great sets too. a whole team available all at once. great pack-ins like the Puck handstand piece & the Northstar/Aurora hand holding piece. Alt white hair for the twins. Flight stands. Bulked up Sasquatch. Those sets were packed. DST may have over estimated the viability of the team to attract casual buyers, but for long time collectors and AF fans, these sets were golden! 

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, they were some of my favorite Minimate sets.

I'm definitely getting the ML set, though it sucks to have to get Puck all over again, there are no accessories, and Snowbird's blue is WAY too dark.

Powder blue shouldn't be that difficult, throw in a white owl, a purse for Shaman, and a hand-holding piece like Minimates have for Jeanne-Marie & Jean-Paul. Not like we're asking for the world, here, lol.

• 1 month later...

New Crossbones, AOA Sunfire & AOA Wildchild Marvel Legends announced.
Looks like AOA is getting a pretty serious wave. With Kyle announced, one would have to assume a new Victor isn't far behind.
Not sure if CB or Shiro are very different from previous releases tho...

image.png

Edited by Nessex

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we're getting a full Age of Apocalypse wave.
BAF is yet to be revealed. Most peeps seem to be talking about Sugarman or Sabretooth. 
I kinda figured Victor for a regular sized figure. I'm hoping we see someone who's a bit bigger (Nemesis/Apocalypse/Colossus) or a character who's a bit less likely to sell well on their own (Abyss/Mikhail?).
I'd really like to see an alternate head and collar piece for Clarice thrown in with one of the characters that makes her previous figure more in line with her AoA look.

MLAoAwave.jpg.85e8424dcfcd46576cd0fef3e7b42525.jpg

It has been huge. As someone who's been thinking about getting back in - it's, frankly, overwhelming. 
AoA is my childhood though - so this wave is hitting all the nostalgia notes for me. I'm a bit surprised by the character choices. X-Man & Dark beast make sense since they crossed to the 616 and have a bit more value in terms of display. We don't really end up with any one particular team/book from AoA with this wave tho.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, hellpop said:

If anyone is interested in the Amazon Alpha Flight set, it's a Cyber Monday deal at $40 off the regular price. Considering that it's only been out a month, I'm shocked it was discounted so quickly (people at the Fwoosh are *pissed*).

I mean, given the reaction to the minimate boxsets, are you really that shocked?  Seems to me that Alpha Flight is never a strong seller and those exclusive box sets always do poorly.

That said, thanks for the heads up!

I'm not surprised that it was discounted (I held off on purchasing the set because I figured that it would be discounted eventually) but just that it's only been out a month. But you're right, Alpha Flight is one of those teams that is more popular in concept than in actuality.

• 1 month later...

DST - If you're looking for a way to cash in on a bankable, well known a-List character, I can vouch for this lady.
I'm currently only collecting X-Men themed figures, but I would make an exception for Grey Widow. Pack in arms so she can go with or without her 90's leather jacket.
And those smoking wrist blasters!!!!!  
Marvel Legends is really taking a page out of Minimate's playbook with the extra pack-in's on this one. 
Thanks to Jason for the heads up on these! 

hasbro-marvel-legends-black-widow.jpeg

I'm in two minds about it. 
I think that the X-Factor wave was a pretty good balance between the two. 
We got a BAF, but still got some cute pack-ins (alt hair for Cyke, power effects for Havok & Polaris, Flight stands, etc..) I could have used an alt head for Mutiple Man or an optic blast for Cyke, but if it meant not getting the BAF - then I'm fine with a couple less accessories being packed in.

• 3 months later...