UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

At least they're making exceptions but it looks like Disney is going out of its way to appease Florida Mom. I just crave authenticity. If the armory at Marvel Studios is filled with laser blasters that look more like Nerf™ guns, so be it. Frank Castle's cache probably won't change.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

At least they're making exceptions but it looks like Disney is going out of its way to appease Florida Mom. I just crave authenticity. If the armory at Marvel Studios is filled with laser blasters that look more like Nerf™ guns, so be it. Frank Castle's cache probably won't change.

I agree on the authenticity part. I want my Deadpool with a rifle, not a Nerf gun. 

But considering what's happened recently, maybe we should put away the term "FLORIDA mom" for a little bit.

Why, oh why, must we keep seeing tank top Logan as an option. Outside of movie themed merch, I could happily NEVER see this boring, thoughtless, lazy rendition of him ever again.
He's been done so many times.

Now that the rant is out of my system - 20yo me would have gone bananas for some of these waves. If you had told me that we'd be seeing a Sauron BAF in my ML collecting days, I would have flipped. And Multiple Man?!?!?! 
Every now and then, this line almost tempts me back...

I need as many Multiple Men as I can get. NEED.

Is anyone still seeing the Vintage Wave Wolverine? I really didn't want him the few times I saw him (I've never been a huge fan of that costume), but now I do, and can't find him anywhere (secondary market, sure, but for ridiculous prices).

I used to have all the Marvel Legends (along with the ML-like Classics lines) by Toy Biz. I collected them along with Minimates but chose to end right after the Annihilus wave that Hasbro put out and devote myself to Mates. 

Unfortunately I had to give 99% of them to Goodwill a couple years ago. After my Dad died I moved my Mom to Texas from Arkansas so she’d have family near again. In the process all my 6” figures had to go because they couldn’t fit in the moving van and I had nobody in town to hold them for me. Still sad and sore about that. 

I’m dipping my toe tentatively back in by picking up old ones I liked a lot as well as a dewberry of the new ones. The new Mr. Fantastic and classic Black Panther (WalMart excl.) are wonderful. I really want that new Lizard too, but only a couple of those figures in that wave interest me.

Does anybody have any spare figures or parts for sale or trade? I’ve got oodles of extra ‘mates. One thing I know I need is the pistol for the Toy Biz Dr. Doom. Somehow it got lost. 

On 3/15/2018 at 6:04 AM, Mystery Man said:

Does anybody have any spare figures or parts for sale or trade? I’ve got oodles of extra ‘mates. One thing I know I need is the pistol for the Toy Biz Dr. Doom. Somehow it got lost. 

I have a few bits and pieces, but I'm in Australia - so the shipping would probably be a bit brutal. But I'm happy to investigate if you are curious.
I have a couple of loose ones, and a few still in the clam shells.
DM me if you want more deets.

On 3/14/2018 at 3:04 PM, Mystery Man said:

I used to have all the Marvel Legends (along with the ML-like Classics lines) by Toy Biz. I collected them along with Minimates but chose to end right after the Annihilus wave that Hasbro put out and devote myself to Mates. 

Unfortunately I had to give 99% of them to Goodwill a couple years ago. After my Dad died I moved my Mom to Texas from Arkansas so she’d have family near again. In the process all my 6” figures had to go because they couldn’t fit in the moving van and I had nobody in town to hold them for me. Still sad and sore about that. 

I’m dipping my toe tentatively back in by picking up old ones I liked a lot as well as a dewberry of the new ones. The new Mr. Fantastic and classic Black Panther (WalMart excl.) are wonderful. I really want that new Lizard too, but only a couple of those figures in that wave interest me.

I certainly have some, especially figures that I bought just for the BAF part. Shoot me a message.

5 hours ago, Nessex said:

I have a few bits and pieces, but I'm in Australia - so the shipping would probably be a bit brutal. But I'm happy to investigate if you are curious.
I have a couple of loose ones, and a few still in the clam shells.
DM me if you want more deets.

2 hours ago, hellpop said:

I certainly have some, especially figures that I bought just for the BAF part. Shoot me a message.

Thanks guys!

• 3 months later...

I managed to snag a Black Knight from Amazon when it was available briefly and it arrived today. I really like the figure. The right hand has a trigger finger which makes it a bit tricky to get the sword to stay just right and the chain mail inhibits the shoulder articulation somewhat but otherwise it's a great figure. The best part is Dane comes with three helmets: regular, winged, and a Sir Percy helmet. It's too bad DST couldn't manage the same thing with the minimate because it is awesome to have the display options.

That Black Knight figure is so good. Mine's a little loose in some joints, though. ?

FSxiAnA.jpg

uUsGTaO.jpg

I'm not financially ready, but I am so emotionally ready for the 10th anniversary figures... (I didn't even bother taking a picture of my "Villains Shelf" due to it just being Vulture, Ultron, Mordo, Killmonger, Iron Monger, and the itty bitty Yellowjacket that came with the first MCU Ant-Man figure.

Edited by TENIME_art

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2018 at 10:46 AM, Gmonkey2k said:

Would anyone be willing to part with the right leg to Man-Thing? I have all but the Blade piece.

Thank you in advance :)

Still looking. All my co-workers who collect legends do not have the leg either. My search will go on! 

I just scooped up all 6 Cul Obsidian figures, as well as Red Skull, while visiting my grandmother yesterday. Walmart had Cul and Meyer had Red Skull (as well as a few Cul characters, including Black Night with the BAF piece missing).

I don't collect a lot of Marvel Legends figures. Mostly Deadpool, a few MCU and other figures. Rarely do I complete a BAF (I have some parts laying here on my desk at work) but when I got the 3 Deadpool figures from the Sauron wave and got the BAF parts in hand I knew I had to complete Sauron. So I snagged the other 3 figures and put him together yesterday. He's a beautiful figure. I have no attachment to the character and honestly don't see myself looking him up. But man is this a gorgeous piece of plastic. So cool looking and such great play value. He'll be living with me here at the office for quite a while.

• 5 months later...