UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

Are people still finding the Walmart exclusive Avengers? I haven't found d!ck. :(

You mean Falcon and Winter Soldier? They're plentiful. Tip: check aisles. They're not with the Legends. They're on displays with Captain America coloring books, thermoses, etc.

Got Falcon from Amazon for about $30 with Prime shipping. Beats having to walk into a Wal-mart *shudders* ... anyway...

I like this figure but it could have been so much better with just a few little tweaks. He could have used at least one gun. He's got trigger finger hands but nothing to put in them. Its like he's playing hero, flying around with an imaginary gun yelling "PEW! PEW! PEW!". Redwing needs a flight stand. Something that plugs into the stored Redwing hole on the backpack would have been perfect. And the wings are a bit fiddly to attach but that's more to do with the softer material of the backpack which I'm sure is a cost/safety thing.

But I'm glad to finally have a Falcon to add to my ML Avengers.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Heads-up, Doctor Strange wave is out. Sort of. It's at a few of my local Targets but street dated for October 1st. A few people have gotten lucky but the employees I've asked to check all came back with the street date response (which I totally get).

DPCI is 087 - 06 - 5409. 

This has been the easiest year to ever buy Legends, but a pain in the ass to keep up.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Grabbed a few figures from the latest Cap wave off of Amazon, since all but Scarlet Witch have been marked down to $13.  Picked up Wonder Man and Captain Britain at the lowered price and a Wanda for just below retail.  Very happy with these three!  Not sure if I'm going to finish Abomination, though.  Time will tell.

AbomSeries.jpg

I do not have Crossbones, but Toy Biz Juggernaut and Red Guardian & Nuke (minus the Giant Man pieces) are up now. Link should be in my signature.

Jesus Christ, "Vigilink", stop f***ing with my link!

You're going to have to copy & paste it, because clicking on it takes you to some weird search engine results.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/tenime_art

Edited by TENIME_art

• 1 month later...

I know these are not 'in hand' images, but Hasbro are doing a new Invisible Woman and it looks a damn side nicer than their last attempt. 
She is a beautiful looking figure and even comes with a H.E.R.B.I.E. accessory. 
Hasbro are clearly trying to make amends for the Ronan series effort they last delivered. and they've succeeded.
http://marveltoynews.com/marvel-legends-invisible-woman-figure-2017-packaged-photo/

Interesting to see that Marvel is allowing some F4 product to be put out there. I wonder how she'll sit with the currently existing F4 figures.

They popped up at my Walmart once, and I grabbed Wanda (then a week later, found Falcon & Bucky!). Cap Brit is too cheap on Amazon to justify spending full retail in stores. Though I should grab him before he stops being cheap (or in stock).

Targets have been clearancing their Legends, including all new stock. I grabbed Mordo for half price! I could have had the War Machine 2-pack, but passed it up (and then they were all gone when I went back - I already have a decent WM from the IM2 Legends, and didn't want the orange armor).

Edited by TENIME_art

They showed up at my LCS. They're heaps more reliable than any of the TRUs around this part of the world, although they tend to stagnate a bit at my local.

I considered picking up a few. I thought Wonder Man and Cap B were both really nice. 

My comic shop has a bunch of marvel legends if anyone needs anything. I don't quite know the prices. They still have spider-verse stuff. I say Scarlet Spider and regular Ben Reilly Spidey but I couldn't pull the trigger. I can't get sucked into this line >.< (although with scalping and the secondary market the prices honestly aren't that different) 

• 2 months later...

I haven't seen new Legends on shelves since the Doctor Strange set, but the news that the Warlock series was hitting Target and Walgreens early was enough to get me out hunting again.  It took about two weeks, but I was finally able to piece together a full set (Colossus and Cyclops were a b**** to get).  Along the way, I also managed to find the whole Sandman series as well, after initially missing most of it.

WarkockSeries.thumb.jpg.65ea9bb4a333d2fa08ce70175dd3d22f.jpg

SandmanSeries.thumb.jpg.cbf140a105cfb11e84acb05288188016.jpg

As a whole, the X-Men series is my favorite of the two.  Warlock is possibly my favorite BaF ever.  Cyclops is probably my personal favorite of the singles (despite some of his minor issues).  I was also pleasantly surprised by Sunfire and Shatterstar.  If I had to pick a weak link in this set, it'd be OML, but that's mostly due to his lack of any extras.  This was a really strong series.

The Sandman set is fun, but I mostly only got the lot of them because I found them during Walgreens' $11.99 sale.  Kamala and Shocker are probably my favorites, and I also dig the symbiote Spidey.  Like Sunfire, 2099 was a pleasant surprise (I like that new body they share a lot).  Goblin is cool, but I'm not sure he's going to replace the TB ML13 version, which is still a favorite of mine.

Now I'm pretty well and content until the first series of Homecoming figures hits, though I'm still hoping Space Venom will show up in better quantities at some point.

He is admittedly an acquired taste.  I've always had a soft spot for him, ever since his appearance on the '90s toon.  Wow, I hadn't realized how long we'd gone without comic Spidey coverage.  Guess he's falling into the same trap the Avengers were falling into for a while.  I'd definitely be down for Jackal and a new Shocker (especially if we could get the rest of the Superior Foes!)