UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty I haven't seen any of that crap around here in a couple years however we used to have a REALLY bad problem with it. Many complaints were made to management at several locations and I can't say for sure if that did the trick but I'd like to think it helped. I would bring up the problem whenever it comes up, it couldn't hurt.

Went to a few Walgreens today looking for MM Wave 2.5 and saw the majority of the X-Men wave (no Wolverine, Rogue or Deadpool of course). Iceman looks like such a fun figure, I don't know if I should wait for him to be a little bit cheaper online or just buy him now, any thoughts?  

I saw most of this wave at Wal-mart yesterday and picked up Wolverine. The yellow on his chest and legs don't quite match because obviously it would be too hard to use that much paint and I can't quite get one of the claws to stay where I want it, but otherwise it's a really good figure. The shoulders and wrists allow for some good claw-crossing poses, there's enough movement in the neck that he can be hunched over and still look forward, and the sculpt is nice; comic-looking without being cartoony like some of the ML sculpts are. This is one of the few MLs I don't feel bad paying full-price for.

I don't care about War Machine, as I have the one from Iron Man 2, but I don't have a Legends scale cinematic Falcon. Pics?

Punisher? Bernthal Punisher?

I spent the original $135 for the Guardians set, so $75 is pretty good. $15 a figure (which is a steal for Build-A-Groot, but still kind of a rip for Rocket - even if he's far superior to the BAF Rocket because of that new head sculpt).

If I hadn't just found a good price on Star-Lord and Rocket on eBay I'd probably order that set at $75. The main drawback is that the costumes don't all go together.

War Machine Mk III is a great figure. If you have a movie display and only want to use one version of the character I'd definitely make it that one.

5 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

I don't care about War Machine, as I have the one from Iron Man 2, but I don't have a Legends scale cinematic Falcon. Pics?

Punisher? Bernthal Punisher?

I spent the original $135 for the Guardians set, so $75 is pretty good. $15 a figure (which is a steal for Build-A-Groot, but still kind of a rip for Rocket - even if he's far superior to the BAF Rocket because of that new head sculpt).

Walgreens Jim Lee Punisher.

I'm looking to spend as little money as possible, so if I already have a serviceable version of a character that I otherwise don't care much about, I don't need another. I'd love to build the Hulkbuster, but don't want any of the figures that come with the pieces, but if I got a new War Machine, that's the one I'd get to at least make the purchase worth it.

Pics of Punisher?

Went toy hunting in the state capital today, found a Wolverine, love the costume, hope to one day have all the Outback X-Men in ML. Someone stole Iceman and the BaF piece then left the packaging on top of Cable and Havok.

Also saw the Kate Bishop/FalCap/Vision 3 pack at Toys R Us, and a few Walgreens had Punisher in stock. 

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 2:07 AM, Heroic Slacker said:

Entertainment Earth has the Guardians five-pack on clearance for $75, is that a steal?

I don't have any of the figures, and while they're all pretty cool I'd mostly be buying the set for Gamora. 

At that price I may grab an extra to customize a proper Groot out of the correct Groot head and a Starlord body.

Not really sure I'd diminish it that much either, though. Anymore most Legends are just repaints with new heads and maybe a belt. Rocket was a BAF, Groot was a BAF, Drax has been significantly improved, Star-Lord was only available in a Convention Exclusive, and Gamorra is a new character. For the BAF characters alone I'd count that as a steal.

Here's some poor iPhone Punisher pics, click to enlarge. Note that he does NOT have trigger fingers, they have to be cut in, and the pistol is from Scourge. I absolutely LOVE this figure; he's currently tied with Cable and Jean for my favorite Legends. All joints are tight and fluid, the paint is on-par with the prototype, and he really comes alive once you cut the fingers. Accessories are great, especially the head options (both of which are SO Jim Lee), but I hate the white shotgun-type weapon. Heads sit a little high, but not nearly as noticeable in-person. He could have used pistols. Watch out for paint on the skull, it's the one issue I saw.

IMG_5941.jpg

IMG_5944.jpg

IMG_5946.jpg

IMG_5947.jpg

IMG_5949.jpg

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Got the new Deadpool thanks to Shane. Deadpool is awesome as expected. Wish he came with a couple extra hands or at least a non-extended pinky hand but the other accessories more than make up for that. He's currently chilling here on my work computer, munching on a taco. He'll be hanging around the office for a while I think.

That's funny I was JUST thinking that I wish Deadpool came with extra hands...though I wanted an extra pinky out gun hand for double pinky John Woo-style gun posing. I also wanted a finger pointing (like Captain America's) hand. I can think of so many great poses I could do with that.

While it's not a figure the Cap shield replica is branded Marvel Legends and it's starting to hit stores. I picked one up at TRU since I had a coupon and was fairly impressed. The only real problem is that the packaging doesn't really protect the shield as well as it should so there's a good chance will have some sort of mark on it. Michael Crawford has a review that pretty much echoes my thoughts on it and has some nice pics.