UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine he would be, though I hadn't expected 2099 to be a difficult find either and I've only seen him at my LCS. Bulldozer and Reaper I imagine will always be the first gone; team-completer/big figure and a new buck.

New Ant-man set is EXACTLY what Hasbro should be doing to market this film, and should be how every Ant-man figure has ever been released. Love that the new Giant Man costume is on the Icons buck, and Goliath is a decent enough costume to warrant a purchase. The $10 match-box figure is a waste, though. Same figure that comes with Legends Ant-man.

I can't wait for the next couple of waves. Doctor Strange, and his SDCC set, are by far my most highly anticipated figures with that new Blaze Ghost Rider and Kraven right being him. Oh, worth noting, it looks like Strange and Vision are swaps.

Recent talk of their upcoming Minimates exclusives and the need for a Father's Day card led me to Walgreen's toy aisle today and for the first time ever, I stumbled onto a Venom. I hadn't been hunting, but I'd kept my eyes open. Seeing it in person, I snatched it up immediately. Couldn't be happier with this impulse purchase as he MIGHT be one of my top five Legends, ever. Top ten, easily.

What sets him apart?

- vest gives him a different look from the standard slim or bulky Legends bodies, falling betwixt the two

- belt's weapons, including a painted holstered sidearm, have amazing detailing

- tentacle pack just looks great

- four guns for multiple posing options (though I personally went with the laser sighted pistol and a rifle from someone else)

- super poseable but tight enough joints to hold poses

- great "gun holding" hands

- overall phenomenal aesthetic

And just for fun, in no particular order?

Series six Cable

AoA Sunfire

Stryfe

Evolution 2pack Wolverine

Black Widow

Winter Soldier

Agent Venom

Hobgoblin

Hasbro Dr. Doom

Mojo

Edited by Mnemosis

I myself just found Venom this past week. I'm not sure I'd rate him quite as highly as you (The Ant-Man wave is coloring my opinion a little bit), but I agree with all the points you make and I think he's a really fun figure! I think the figure I'm most impressed with right now is Bulldozer. I never got any of the other Wrecking Crew figures and mostly picked this one up for the Ultron piece, but I find myself really enjoying the figure.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Hasbro's doing a fan poll this year:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/marvel-com-announces-sdcc-hasbro-marvel-legends-fan-poll/

I was all set to put my support behind Cosmo, until I saw Quasar, my #1 most wanted figure (in any line). So I'm voting for Quasar, with Cosmo as my VP. Vote Quasar and Cosmo in 2015. Also, a note to anyone going to SDCC: don't waste your vote on freaking Spider-Man.

Should have figured Jack would be on the Ghost buck. Not a bad body but the hips just suck. I'm not up on my Superior Foes, but as i hear it they have a pretty big fanbase. Morbius and Venom are nice, and i guess i like Spider-Gwen even if i hate the concept (and the name).

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Is she actually called "Spider-Gwen" in the comics? I always assumed that was just a nickname. But yeah, it's pretty silly.

Superior Foes was a great comic, if you like your comics refreshingly offbeat. Reminded me a bit of the old Giffen/DeMatteis JLI books. Nick Spencer is writing a new Ant-Man book with a similar vibe, which I thought was great and Buttheadsmate hated.