UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

Did you ever read the old Defenders comics MJ? I think that's where I fell in love with her and several other characters that didn't work in their own comics. It is kind of like Thor, he worked in The Avengers, but I didn't really like his books much. That isn't to say that I wouldn't enjoy them more now. I'd like to think my taste in comics have improved lol.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realized that eventually, I just didn't recognize Hulk as being the movie version because after the 2003 film I vowed to never watch another Hulk film, including Avengers. I don't have much love for the cinematic universe.

• 2 weeks later...

ah - right. I would love for her to come out. I thought she was going to be a great figure.... but after seeing that production sample go for like 3grand on eBay, i'm not so sure she's gonna ever come out :(

If anyone is interested in the Ms. Marvel 3-pack, start look looking; she's hitting as of last week. Found it over the weekend at a South Jersey Target, but had to give them the DCPI to have it pulled from the back. GREAT set, and it's so awesome to finally have a non-marionette Carol. Hope Phoenix gets the same update.

Yep, woke up to one on my nightstand on Saturday. Helped a buddy who works too much today and going to go out tomorrow. I love the set, but I will say the Q/C on Ms. Marvel is a bit of a mixed bag. Someone on Facebook is saying they are going to be plentiful. Hopefully he's right so I can replace the one I have down the line. Has anyone heard of them releasing a classic Ms. Marvel? I'd love to make a Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel with the classic costume.

Found the 3 pack, only bothered to photograph Carol so far.

IMG_20141026_150146.jpg

There were two sets, and both of them were near flawless. I've seen some bad ones but mine has very little wrong with it.

Selling Radioactive Man and Cap if you're interested.

Edited by minijames

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found the new wave of Marvel Legends today at Target in Milwaukee, WI. Was only interested in Captain Marvel from this wave (I tend to collect mostly space/cosmic figures) so she was the only one I grabbed. Looked like a fresh case, saw them all.

I was able to snag Hawkeye and Captain Marvel from Amazon, i'll wait for the rest to hit my TRU. Hawkeye is a longtime coming and God damn if this isn't a great figure. My only nitpick is the Winter Soldier arm. I love the techier look to it, but the forearm is noticeably thinner than the sleeveless one. Captain Marvel is FANTASTIC. Take notes, DST, this is the Carol we needed a year ago, and she needs two heads. Just a terrific figure, no complaints.

Well, Amazon is starting to frustrate me. Machine Man and Hawkeye have been marked "Shipping Today" since Thursday, and they won't let me cancel the order. My Dad stumbled on the whole series at Walmart and got me everyone but Sentry, so I guess I'm going to have duplicates of those two.

Anyway, this this is a great series. Machine Man's may favorite just cuz he's freaking Machine Man and I never expected to get him. I'm happy to have a new Scarlet Witch so that I can say goodbye to that hideous ToyBiz version. Captain Marvel is a really solid figure, although the hair takes some getting used to. Hawkeye's a good update on Classic Hawkeye, but I wish his hands were a little better. Thor and Iron Fist surprised me, because they're both really well done and I really wasn't expecting to like them that much. And I really like Odin, even if mine will forever have the wrong left arm (I actually think the metal arm is a little cooler).

odin3.jpg?w=800h=709

Found everyone but Wanda at Target the other night. Wanda's gonna be the pain the ass, i can already tell. This won't be like Black Widow, who got repacked in various cases afterwards.

I plan on building Odin, but i thought i'd try King Thor out first. Does anyone else have a hard time getting the cape to stay in? The little bastard falls out with a glance.