UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

Sorry man, wish I could help. If I had an extra set I'd help out. Seems more than a few of my friends missed out.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up the X-men Legends wave the other day. They're...okay. Stryfe is a freaking incredible figure that i can't believe they even made. He's been a long time coming and he's pretty awesome. Scott is the Bucky body and is pretty sharp, but was put into the tray before the paint dried, so the lines on his back are pretty screwed up. Storm has two upper left arms, which is easy to hide but brings her down a bit. Love the cloth "cape" though, and the headsculpt is great. Magneto is better than pictures make him look, and it's much easier to adjust the cape to fit, but the head is a little weak. Hand is also severely warped and it looks like Erik has the worst arthritis i've ever seen. Didn't pick up Logan yet, but i might not.

Fairly middle of the road for Hasbro; if i didn't have coupons bringing them each to $15, i honestly might not have bothered. They're okay, but don't let their current rareness make you spend scalper prices.

Well it depends on your area hellpop and the amount of Walgreen's/collectors ratio. I ran into the same issues that Heroic Slacker did where someone bought all 8 figures, including the side kick shipper they came in. So in one full swoosh, gone. Luckily the assistant manager who sent me there was able to track me down a store that had them in stock. I bought 2 and called it a day. Now of course collector buddies are hitting me up with the "can you buy?". So hopefully I can track some down before he rest of the area goes flat. Now I will say, as much as I like the figure, it has the same sloppy paint applications that Boomerang suffered from when it comes to the white. My suggesion is concentrate on the while around his mask (as another collector pointed out) and along his legs. The rest is a simple fix or easy to explain away, do to shadowing. I also received my HTS.com order and much happier with that experience than the one I had with Matty.com. Mainly because I paid roughly the same and won't see my order for at least a week, while it only took 2-3 days to get my order once it shipped. Anyway, looking forward to opening my boxes tomorrow.

Was in another town today and visited the local Walgreens, their pegs were full with Agent Venoms.

I really like this figure, and have really just enjoyed this Spider-Man subline

My local TRU had Wolverine, Stryfe and Cyclops, but no sign of Storm or Magneto.

I bought Stryfe and have searched high and low for Storm with no luck. I really want Storm, if anybody has one let me know, I also need the BAF piece. Stryfe is available if anyone is interested, I'd sell him for $15 shipped.

CAM01287.jpg

I also bought a ROML Jean Grey from Amazon today, plan on putting Jubilee's fireworks on her until I get all the pieces. I'm hoping to get the arms without having to buy that Cyclops, I really don't care for it and Magneto is going to be as big of a pain to find as Storm I think.

I'm super into Marvel Legends right now, they just really blew me away at SDCC and I'm looking foreward to their product this year. They won me back. Carol Danvers has always been one of my favorite characters so I'll definitely be getting both of these

Marvel-Legends-2015-Captain-Marvel-Carol

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Three-Pack-Ms-Marv

I'm still hoping we see Binary and Classic (with alternate Karla Sofen head) variants in the near future. I'm also a sucker for Bendis New Avengers so you know I'm stoked on Spider Woman, her Toybiz figure was a mess.

Hasbro-SDCC-2014-Spider-Woman-Marvel-Leg

Dang... I just bought Stryfe from TRU.com, or I'd take you up on that, since I don't want the BAF part. Honestly, I don't know why I want Stryfe, but there's something about the guy, despite my well-known distaste for that era of comics.

Marvel Legends is really cooking with gas right now. There are lots of great figures on the way, and I'm impressed that they've found a home for a lot of the figures they've shown but cancelled. REALLY hope Batroc's in their plans soon.

Dang it, I had completely gotten out of ML and then the BAF Groot pulled me back in to fill the void until the HT versions come next year. Then they had to go and make a new Captain Marvel...fine I'm back in...but just for Marvel Now looks :)

As far as I know, no one I know who preordered received a shipping notice yet on the preorder, but from what I've heard it isn't suppose to ship until October. My buddy had a interesting theory, maybe they aren't fulfilling the preorders until then because of Boba Fett. I know quite a few people ordered him too. I was able to track down Agent Venom on Saturday thanks to an assistant manager at my local store. Then I tracked down a couple of more on Tuesday for some guys in the UK. This is just a theory, but it seems like the non 24 hours are getting the figures first. I also received my HTS.com order on Saturday. Much happier with that order than my Matty.com order. Received in a timely manner and packaged ok, not a lot you can do outside of packing paper with a box that big. Oh, did anyone catch that it went live for about an hour yesterday. I passed, as I'm trying to minimize my extra figures. Other than using them to get past exclusives, I didn't see the senseconfused.gif I am definitely looking forward to the Marvel Legends upcoming waves. Radioactive Man and Ms. Marvel, yes please. I think this is one arena where Hasbro has the edge over the old Toybiz waves, female figures. Early stuff is a bit rough, but overall their latest batch of gals look great.

I checked the walgreens website yesterday and the street date for the Venoms is 9/1 so maybe they will start shipping then? Still no luck on seeing a Venom at one of my towns 6 Walgreens. Its frustrating.

I too am super excited for the upcoming Legends waves. I hope they keep the packaging consistent throughout all waves like they did this last year. As crazy as it sounds that's what got me back into collecting Legends, the fact I can display my xmen, GOTG , Capt America and Spiderman legends on card next to each other and its a consistent look through out. Another bonus was if I want to take a figure out of the packaging and mess with it I can do so with out destroying the packaging.

If you go to the Fwoosh thread on Agent Venom, there's a guy that works at Walgreens that is checking the stock nationally and updating pretty regularly. It looks like these are still mostly limited to the west coast, so I wouldn't really start looking yet if you're anywhere else.

I found the X-Men wave at TRU last night. The only two I want are Magneto and Stryfe, and I have the latter coming from TRU.com already, so I just picked up Magneto. I did think about getting Storm, since I know she's so hard to find, but I don't care for the character (though I do like the mohawk look) so I decided to leave her for another collector. Magneto is... disappointing. He's not terrible, but he ain't great. Certainly not up to the standards of recent Marvel Legends.

I will never understand why they use soft plastic for joints and not hard plastic. Jubilee's left arm is impossible to push into the body, the peg is too wide and it also has the consistency of gum, so it just bends when you try to connect it.

I hate beating a dead horse - does anyone have a SDCC Star-Lord and/or Gladiator they don't want? sad.png

Hey wildman, I know you are looking in a place where you trust folks, but are you part of any of the groups on Facebook? You might try some of the Marvel Legends groups. That's how I caught up on some of the last few waves I missed. As always, let your gut be the judge when trading. Might be worth a look and I'll check in my little circle. Worse case scenario, you'd have to buy and trade/sell the remaining figures.

^^I think Starlord will be re-released out of all of the figures. There were some scuttlebutt that there will be a comic versions wave of Guardians down the pike. So he'll most likely be released with a alternative unmasked head or something to set him apart. That's usually how it goes when it comes to their exclusives see the light of day. Tenime send me a pm on what you are wanting to pay for him. I'll throw it out there and see if anything sticks.