UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

I got a Black Cat for my girlfriend today. Did the ship to store thing via Wal-Mart.com when they had some up last week.

If anybody needs the Build A figure Goblin torso let me know. Maybe we can trade for Minimates.

9zjr.jpg

Edited by cidman911

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found all of the 2nd Spider-Man wave, Araña is one of my favorite figures ever, Boomerang is pretty cool (though the two I saw had sloppy paint jobs), Toxin is creepy but extremely goofy looking with his rabbit teeth.

Still haven't seen a Carnage or Black Cat at retail.

Green Goblin is a pretty fun Build a Figure.

That's immensely lucky. I can't wait to find her. Granted I'll use her as Julia Carpenter because honestly it's not that big a difference to me, but still. Boomerang too, should look great with the TBolts.

Managed to get Winter Soldier and Cap on Amazon the other day for $12 a piece. Missed Widow, but i paid and extortionist amount that i'd rather not say for her from eBay. Just feel better knowing i don't have to hunt for her, and i was feeling better about the $12 for the other two.

K-Mart has some Legends figures on sale. They have ship to store, I believe too if you don't want to pay for shipping.

http://www.kmart.com/search=marvel%20legends?catalogId=10104&storeId=10151&levels=Toys+%26+Games&autoRedirect=true&viewItems=50&redirectType=CAT_REC

Stuff has been going in and out of stock this evening. I tried to post it while I was working but I got distracted.

NEVER order from KMart's website. They send you an item from the line you ordered, but rarely the actual item you ordered.

LMAO. Wow. That sucks.

I've only bought in store at K-Mart, they've been good to me with price matching walmart and such.

Has anyone had any luck finding Winter Soldier Wave 2 stuff? I only want these and we can't find them for crap. sad.png

00q0q_8Pwivw9mfkJ_600x450.jpg

Same.

I walked in to Target and found the new Spidey wave. Grabbed the new 3, set them down, turned around to get a buggy and they were GONE. Someone just walked right up and grabbed them. That's fine, I didn't have the money for them anyways. Still, I feel like they may be Carnage/BC. I can't believe I let a Carnage go. :/ I just don't like him that much. The Carnage and Toxin I have now are fine.

Still no dice on Winter Soldier wave 2. Me and the Mrs went to about 8 stores total and called at least 10 other in San Diego.

All stores seem to stock is Superior Spidey, World War 2 Cap, and occasionally a Baron Zemo or Red Skull.

We've been checking the websites for Target, Walmart & TRU maybe every few hours too.

I hope Hasbro makes up for it if the movie does well. I know how hesitant toy companies are to make too much toys and if the movie flops, the toys stays on shelves forever. But Winter Soldier looks great from the trailers.

I found these before they were being put on shelves.

Thought it was wave 2 but it ended up being wave 1. D'oh!

lcyx.jpg

But at least I got Wal-Mart to price match them to K-Mart's price that has them at $16. I'm willing to work out a trade for Widow if anyone wants. I bought Marvel Now Cap, Red Skull, Aim Soldier & Hydra Agent.

kj5v.jpg

I haven't been looking, but I know some of the other collectors have been. Kind of kicking myself for not picking up the A.I.M. and Hydra soldiers when I saw them. Like you, I'm looking for Black Widow and hope the closer we get to the movie I can find her.

Same issue with most of Hasbro's females, small eye paint on sculpted eyes, with little to no make-up for definition. Then again, looking at the eyes on some of the Star Wars Black figures, i'm not sure i want them to try.

Amazing paint on that Jean, either way. A little too much "mascara" but VERY nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah - and i needed that modern Legacy Rogue they cancelled. I really don't understand how ML has gotten to bad with it's releases.

Figures that seem like they would be highly anticipated get canned. Variants never see the light of day. The waves seem further and further apart....