UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloneme, the two green arm version of Planet Hulk is a mistake shipped out before it was caught. The left arm should be silver to match his armor in the comic. Apparently, many were shipped out in the first wave before it was caught and fixed.

Thanks Boyd for hooking me up! Now I will be looking for a loose silver arm version if anyone just needs the BAF part.

Well I looked on eBay and there are a few! They're not even listed as "rare" or "mispaints" or anything.

I don't think a lot of people even realize it yet. I wouldn't have known if it weren't for Toy News International's review.

• 5 weeks later...

I havent delved into the world of legends to much I will say I think the toy biz versions were superior to the hasbro counterparts although having been lucky enough to land an icons Thor I have to say hasbro has redeemed its self a little bit

• 3 weeks later...

Hasbro's Marvel Legends Wave 3 is interesting. Pics posted on Marvelousnews.com.

The line up is:

1st Appearance Captain America

-Bucky

-X3 Colossus

-Hydra Agent

-Black Knight

-Astonshing X-Men Cyclops

-Danger

-Marvel Girl - Rachel Grey

-Brood Queen

Pics

Sounds promising. I've wanted a Bucky for so long...and a 1st Appearance Cap, too! There going to have to REALLY screw these up to keep me from buying them.

But who wants X3 Colossus? I mean, he only spoke, maybe three--no, two--times in the entire trilogy. Oy.

Hydra Agent would be cool with MODOK. I can see getting 5 of those... :D

And of course, they re-use Patroit's crappy body for Bucky. :angry:

Saw those a while ago. I'm pretty excited about Cap and Bucky as I've been reading all the old Captain America stories. I want wave two more though. Speaking of, whatever happened to Xorn?

So, let me guess: The Brood Queen is the BAF. Me, who only collects the X-Men, who is forced to get X3 (I'm sorry, as much as I loved that movie, I don't need figures from it) Jean & Juggernaut and Yellowjacket to get The Blob, I now have to get Bucky, Cap, stupid condom-head Cyclops, X3 Colossus, and the Hydra Agent just to get the Brood Queen!?

How about no more X-Men BAFs? That sound good, Hasbro? I still don't know what to do with the crappy figures I had to get to get Mojo...

So, let me guess: The Brood Queen is the BAF. Me, who only collects the X-Men, who is forced to get X3 (I'm sorry, as much as I loved that movie, I don't need figures from it) Jean & Juggernaut and Yellowjacket to get The Blob, I now have to get Bucky, Cap, stupid condom-head Cyclops, X3 Colossus, and the Hydra Agent just to get the Brood Queen!?

How about no more X-Men BAFs? That sound good, Hasbro? I still don't know what to do with the crappy figures I had to get to get Mojo...

*coughgivethemtodeadpoolcough*

... Really though, if any of you get out of Marvel Legends, you know where to go!

Sorry, but I have basically been put off by Marvel Legends.....

The prototype of Emma Frost looked decent, saw the figure in the store the other day and she looks HORRIBLE!!!!

To me, Hasbro's Legends figures have been very lack luster. :(

Sorry, but I have basically been put off by Marvel Legends.....

The prototype of Emma Frost looked decent, saw the figure in the store the other day and she looks HORRIBLE!!!!

To me, Hasbro's Legends figures have been very lack luster. :(

She's not great, but have you seen Rogue? Marvel doesn't have the greatest track record with females. Plus, some (Planet Hulk, Ultimate Iron Man, Annihilus) are REALLY good. Just give Hasbro another wave or two to sort out the kinks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have almost all of them, I was quite displeased when I saw venom. But then again im a collector not a child. :D

I stopped collecting Marvel Legends. I don't like the color of Emma Frost's skin tone compared to Banshee's. There is just something that made me stop collecting ML completly. I have an unfinished Onslaught and I have the burnt Wolverine from the Giant Man wave. I think not being able to find the Giant Man wave made me just give up altogether.