UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

I for one would take just about any version of Cyclops. He's one of my favorite characters. As much as I'd love a classic update, his modern costume really needs a go. So unless a new Cyclops is X-Factor, FA, Age of X, AoA, or First Class, don't expect blowback from me.

I'd really enjoy a white-and-blue X-Factor Cyclops, since waaaaaay back when Toy Biz first started making Marvel figures in the 1990's that was the first version of him that was made in their X-Men line:

toy-biz-the-uncanny-x-men-cyclops-with-laser-light-eyes-4154e.JPG

That first series will always have a soft-spot in my heart. I remember the ad in comics for them quite well and how my dad told me that for every 7 dandelion weeds I picked in the backyard to help him weed the yard, he'd buy me one. I was a weedin' fanatic! :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also loved that wave - it had such wacky action features. Juggernaut had wheels in his feet so he could role forward, in an unstoppable fashion. Apocalypse had extending limbs top grow in size. Magneto had magnets in him so bit of metal would stick to him. :biggrin: I think i still have them all still MIP somewhere.

I went on a bender and started collecting the individually carded x-men toys in my late teens / early 20's. I think i'm actually pretty close to a full set now. maybe 6 or 7 figures away?

Anyway - i wouldn't gripe about a blue & white x-factor cyclops :P

Can't wait to see which version of him is forthcoming.

Edited by Nessex

Maybe you should start...

Wait, what are we talking about?:wacko:

I reserve judgment until I know which Cyclops this is going to be. There's some suits left unmade I like (like the blue and white), some I don't (2nd blue yellow X-Factor), and some that could stand a redo (AXM). Without know which one, it's hard to be too critical.

if this line continues the way it currently is then we will have all the cyclopses. and an army of spider-men, wolverines, caps, thors and magnetos. they made pink blouse betsy braddock, we can have all the cyclopses too.

sure you did 13 other fucking times. make someone new for the love of sweet aunt pauline

See, THAT'S the kind of response I expected when I said we were making another Cyclops! Not this "I love Cyclops" stuff.

Cyclops sucks. No matter how you dress him he looks the same.

I think you meant "No matter how you dress him he looks awesome." But don't worry, I seriously doubt this one Cyclops is going to spoil all the new characters we're doing for you. Or it will, probably.

sure you did 13 other fucking times. make someone new for the love of sweet aunt pauline

like Brood? Box? Vindicator? Kree Sentry? Scott Lang? MODOK? Sin Eater? SHIELD Agents? Arnim Zola? Crossbones? Baldar? Beta Ray Bill? Magma? Moonstar? Boom Boom? Rictor?

oh wait...those are all new characters they've recently made or are making...my bad :P

Wait, how exactly did this become the Cyclops thread? My head hurts.

Thaaaat would be Zach's fault. We had already veered into our latest wish list mode. He just finished derailing us. Good luck getting it back on track.:turned:

sorry for all the Cyclops love Zach.

I too would very much like that blue and white version, I recently sold all my 90s X-Men figures... it hurt, but I simply don't have the room for huge collections and displays. Couldn't find Cyke at the time though, so he may well still be in the house somewhere.

can we take the 'best of' talk back out of the Cyclops appreciation thread as well, please

Couldn't find Cyke at the time though, so he may well still be in the house somewhere.

That sounds like the best set up for a horror film “We couldn’t find him at the time, so there may still be a cyclops somewhere in the house...”

Back on topic thought, what we need is a “Cyclops through the ages” set!!! (after the Hulk set of course, assuming that’s still a “might” release and not on schedule)

-‘Classic Cyclops’: Since it can be done will all reused pieces include alternate head piece with freakin’ lazer blast!

-‘White X-Factor Cyclops’: Include Jim Lee visor in addition to default hooded visor so he can have BOTH versions of the suit’

-‘Trenchcoat Astounding Cyclops’: Include alternate arms so he can double as an Astounding redo without looking too much like the already included Classic Cyclops

-'Scruffy Disheveled Cyclops’: I think it’s an interesting look when make Cyc stubbled, don’t know if there’s a costume this would match best with or if it’d be a civilian look, but a ‘hasn’t shaved in the 2 months since Jean died’ look would make a nice contrast to 3 clean cut Cyclopses.

A Cyclops Through the Ages set would have to include Beach Fun Cyclops:

iXiJu.jpg

But Luke, then people will complain that the team's not complete because we don't have Beach Fun Phoenix yet. And who would the beach ball come with, Luke? Who?!

But Luke, then people will complain that the team's not complete because we don't have Beach Fun Phoenix yet. And who would the beach ball come with, Luke? Who?!

The beach ball would come with the Ocean-Rusted Colossus / Sunburned Wolverine 2-pack.

Id be happy with civilian Scott Summers, even made one. Doubt he would be visually appealing enough though.

Dr.B - at least if i ever get a phonecall from a cyclops, i wont have to waste the operator's time, tracing the call to INSIDE THE HOUSE!!! GET OUT!!!

Ice bucket Bobby Drake, Logan with a BBQ (skewered sausages n all)