UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Colossus (from Wave 47) and Cyclops from... uh-oh, haven't announced that one yet. Soon.

WHAAAAT? :woot:

Are we talking Battle Damaged Jim Lee Cyke? Utopia Cyke? Blue & White X-Factor Cyke?

You're a terrible, terrible tease Zach!

hang on...

'if retailers come back to DCD asking for another wave of superstars'

DCD? did you forget who you work for?

Diamond Comics Distributors. It's their baby.

ahhh, fair play chief, fair play

EDIT - bloody love Cyclops, will buy any version of him (other than Age of X).

Edited by dj87

i dont want to start crazy speculation, but i expect it to be the utopia scott that was designed by simone bianchi, he's worn for over 2 years now and currently a big x-men story involving him and hope is coming up, so a pack with him and hope (or cable) would sell like hotcakes to fans of current events

- Colossus (from Wave 47) and Cyclops from... uh-oh, haven't announced that one yet. Soon.

According to the "One Wave in Stores, Next Wave Almost Coming Out and Last Wave Announced" DST policy, maybe we will have to wait for Wave 44 to hit the shelves next month to know the rest of this new line up !!

What about making a "Sorry for the previous case packouts" wave with a new or re-done character? :tongue:

- TRU Warpath (blue/red costume) / Stryfe

- Wave 31 First Appearance X-Men Angel / Toad (as seen in the old poster)

- TRU X-Factor Angel / Apocalypse (bulked up with new parts)

- Daredevil (multiple shades of red) / TRU Bullseye

Trade the DD for the modern Ghost and I am 100% on board the "Apology Wave" bandwagon.

i dont want to start crazy speculation, but i expect it to be the utopia scott that was designed by simone bianchi, he's worn for over 2 years now and currently a big x-men story involving him and hope is coming up, so a pack with him and hope (or cable) would sell like hotcakes to fans of current events

Maybe, just maybe DST is getting a little ahead of the game with the crossover, and Avengers vs X-Men sets are planned. Cause this is supposed to be the summer of the Avengers, remember? Waited a really long time for this, don't interupt my A-team love fest with too much X-stuff. Things can go back to normal next year and all, I just want to enjoy the sun on my face while it lasts.

Maybe, just maybe DST is getting a little ahead of the game with the crossover, and Avengers vs X-Men sets are planned. Cause this is supposed to be the summer of the Avengers, remember? Waited a really long time for this, don't interupt my A-team love fest with too much X-stuff. Things can go back to normal next year and all, I just want to enjoy the sun on my face while it lasts.

It's already interrupted. Remember, we're getting a wave devoted to the Aussie X-Men, with another two-pack in the TRU wave to round it out. Meanwhile, what Avengers have we seen? ... no one. I know, I know, it's early in the year, and we're going to be getting to the Avengers goodies soon enough, but lets not pretend the X-Men are on some kind of hiatus here.

I don't know. I think theme-wise, Outback X-Men is a great idea this year. They were just playing dead after all. Anyway, I'll try to ignore my instinct for rampant Cyclops speculation and say that I thought when this was first announced that Iron Man was the standout, but after seeing more pics, Thing is really well done. Earlier releases were either over washed or just a really weird color/material. This one looks just right and really seems to be the first mega-rage type that I think looks great as is. I love these kinds of updates.

lol - i didn't mean to give them ideas, but it has been mentioned before that BDJL Cyke was amongst a number of design sheets Zach had seen (which also included Magma & Astral Doc Strange).

When was that said? I've never seen such a thing. And I certainly didn't expect to see such a response to a 13-timer like Cyclops. All will be revealed.

It's already interrupted. Remember, we're getting a wave devoted to the Aussie X-Men, with another two-pack in the TRU wave to round it out. Meanwhile, what Avengers have we seen? ... no one. I know, I know, it's early in the year, and we're going to be getting to the Avengers goodies soon enough, but lets not pretend the X-Men are on some kind of hiatus here.

That X-wave is largely post-Avengers. And we've seen a lot of Avengers slated for spring/summer. We haven't even shown all of them yet. Or were you kidding?

According to the "One Wave in Stores, Next Wave Almost Coming Out and Last Wave Announced" DST policy, maybe we will have to wait for Wave 44 to hit the shelves next month to know the rest of this new line up !!

Toy Fair kind of throws that out the window -- you've got 43 in stores (kinda), 13 due soonish, 44 AND 45 due in a couple months, and you've already seen 14, 46 and 47. Not sure when another full wave will be shown, to be honest. SDCC maybe? But box sets are another story.

That X-wave is largely post-Avengers. And we've seen a lot of Avengers slated for spring/summer. We haven't even shown all of them yet. Or were you kidding?

Oh, I think we're being unapologetic greedy bastitches, and wanting much, much more than we've bee shown so far. :thumbsup: And there's a tendency to consider Marvel movie merchandise very separate from regular Marvel minimates. So for a lot of us, the direct movie stuff only kinda counts as Avengers stuff.

Oh, I think we're being unapologetic greedy bastitches, and wanting much, much more than we've bee shown so far. :thumbsup: And there's a tendency to consider Marvel movie merchandise very separate from regular Marvel minimates. So for a lot of us, the direct movie stuff only kinda counts as Avengers stuff.

I was talking about the comics' tie-ins we've traditionally gotten because of a movie release. You know, like the Wolverine and Iron Man comics waves. I think a lot of us were expecting this year to be VERY heavy in Avengers comics releases, and we already know that's not true. Not even saying that to be critical (variety is a good thing), just making the point that it's already not "the summer of the Avengers". I'm sure that we'll see a box set or two for the cons with an Avengers theme (my money's still on Cap's Kooky Quartet and the West Coast Avengers) and another wave with Avengers characters.

BTW, if you haven't already, you guys really should think about doing a wave with Avengers vs X-Men branding. :)

I was talking about the comics' tie-ins we've traditionally gotten because of a movie release. You know, like the Wolverine and Iron Man comics waves.

Isn't Wave 44 meant to be that for the Avengers movie? After Thor/Cap only split one comic wave, I wasn't really expecting much more this time around.

I was talking about the comics' tie-ins we've traditionally gotten because of a movie release. You know, like the Wolverine and Iron Man comics waves.

Isn't Wave 44 meant to be that for the Avengers movie? After Thor/Cap only split one comic wave, I wasn't really expecting much more this time around.

I hope not, since there's no new characters in the wave (unless you count the Kree Sentry and Scott Lang as Ant-Man). I think we Avengers fans will all be disappointed if we don't get any new characters this year; but, then again, I thought there was no way that 2011 would end without the Falcon and the Enchantress, so what do I know? :ermm:

I hope not, since there's no new characters in the wave (unless you count the Kree Sentry and Scott Lang as Ant-Man). I think we Avengers fans will all be disappointed if we don't get any new characters this year; but, then again, I thought there was no way that 2011 would end without the Falcon and the Enchantress, so what do I know? :ermm:

Oh I didn't mean I'm not expecting any other Avengers characters anywhere in the line this year, in box sets or in TRU or non-theme waves, who knows. But you were asking about a dedicated comics wave to go with the movie and it seems like that's what that is.

lol - i didn't mean to give them ideas, but it has been mentioned before that BDJL Cyke was amongst a number of design sheets Zach had seen (which also included Magma & Astral Doc Strange).
When was that said? I've never seen such a thing. And I certainly didn't expect to see such a response to a 13-timer like Cyclops. All will be revealed.

Oops - sorry. my bad. :confused: i thought i remembered reading that someone had come across design sheets for various un-released minimates, and must have assumed it was you since you work there. Apologies.

I keep telling you, Nes, the voices in your head don't count as sources of reliable information.

And yeah, the pattern has generally been about one dedicated comics tie in wave per movie when able. (enough qualifiers there?) And 44 matches up with 45 almost character to character. So I'm hoping for boxed set goodness. Someone promised I'd be so impressed I'd forget Titania. Still waiting.

As for the Cyc love, Zach, Scott is one of those characters that despite all the dirrefent versions a lot of us feel his most iconic costume hasn't been done quite right yet. So don't be surprised if there isn't some blow back if that's not the version coming out.

Oops - sorry. my bad. :confused: i thought i remembered reading that someone had come across design sheets for various un-released minimates, and must have assumed it was you since you work there. Apologies.

Might have been me, I just don't remember that one. I sent Kratos to one winner, and I just found a Shi supporting character, I think. Marvel ones, I would need the Database at the ready to tell if it's one we did or not.

Don't expect another Avengers wave besides 44, but there will be more Avengers ancillary product with new characters, yes.

BTW, if you haven't already, you guys really should think about doing a wave with Avengers vs X-Men branding. :)

Good idea.

And keep yeah, the pattern has generally been about one dedicated comics tie in wave per movie when able. (enough qualifiers there?) And 44 matches up with 45 almost character to character.

Except for half the figures in the wave being different, yes. Yes it does.

So I'm hoping for boxed set goodness. Someone promised I'd be so impressed I'd forget Titania. Still waiting.

Who's Titania?

As for the Cyc love, Zach, Scott is one of those characters that despite all the dirrefent versions a lot of us feel his most iconic costume hasn't been done quite right yet. So don't be surprised if there isn't some blow back if that's not the version coming out.

Blowback achieved!

I for one would take just about any version of Cyclops. He's one of my favorite characters. As much as I'd love a classic update, his modern costume really needs a go. So unless a new Cyclops is X-Factor, FA, Age of X, AoA, or First Class, don't expect blowback from me.