• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that the Best of Waves don't include new characters

I would love to see:

Bullseye/Electra in white

Danny Ketch Ghost Rider/Blade

Bulked Up World War Hulk/Bulked Up Abomination (man we need a new Abomination bad)

90's Beast/90's Psylocke with an extra head with the Crimson Dawn mark

Remember that the Best of Waves don't include new characters

I would love to see:

Bullseye/Electra in white

Danny Ketch Ghost Rider/Blade

Bulked Up World War Hulk/Bulked Up Abomination (man we need a new Abomination bad)

90's Beast/90's Psylocke with an extra head with the Crimson Dawn mark

Give that man a cookie! A chocolate-chip cookie, for this is brilliant! I LOVE this, though my dream best-of would be this (not a prediction, just my dream wave):

Black Panther (purple/black)/ Kraven

Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch pants and jacket + Blaze pants and jacket)/ Doctor Strange (Super-hero with meditation legs)

World War Hulk/Abomination (bulked-up)

90s Gambit/ 90s Psylocke (+Crimson Dawn face)

The last one is an exact re-use, but honestly, Gambit and Psylocke are far too important X-Men to never re-release in their classic costumes.

I would actually love to see 90's Johnny Blaze, Zarathos, Lillith, Vengeance and a bunch more Ghost Rider characters but I don't see that happening. I loved the 90's Ghost Rider, Nighstalkers, Morbius, and Spirits of Vengeance comics.

Luke Cage / Power man was a new costume we hadn't seen before.

Technically...but it was still pretty close to the previous versions:

fig1972flg.jpgfig0103flg.jpg

fig1972f2lg.jpgfig0082flg.jpg

Hail Ivan

Some alternate costumes are drastic departures, so it doesn't seem like a "Best Of", when it looks nothing like a version we've gotten before. Like, if we'd only ever gotten red & blue Spider-Man, then a "Best Of" is the black suit. How can it be a "Best Of" if it's a completely different, brand new costume?

Am I making any sense? I'm not against anything; the more Minimates, the better. I'm just trying to see some logic in the situation.

I've personally never minded when best-of departs from previously released looks a bit. Gives me a reason to buy them. I prefer it to straight re-releases, or only slight, barely noticeable changes like a different face decal.

Oftentimes I find best-of waves are some of the best minis ever released of these iconic characters truth told. Even though these characters get specialty wave releases constantly, those often have some wacky new look/gimmick/movie tie-in attached... that makes them more niche than definitive. Best of waves are often a half dozen new definitive updates, which makes them very impressive despite being all re-done characters.

I've still got a chapped ass that we didn't get parts in there to make a classic 70s Power Man and Iron Fist. That original set hasn't aged well.

Would that even have been possible though? The only part of this Cage mate that could have been re-used for a '70s Power Man is the alt set of hands, so really it would mean them throwing an entire second Minimate in there. Iron Fist would've needed another set of legs, feet, and a third chest block, not to mention his big weird collar, do they even have a part they could reuse for that (other than the original one, if it hasn't aged well)? And that set was pretty crammed full of parts to begin with.

Edited by battlecat

We're getting spoiled.

Back in my day Spider-Man came with a strand of plastic webbing and we liked it. No stands, no alternate heads, just webbing.

This.

Let's not forget how many ones like that are ridiculously expensive now, too. I mean, Scarlet Spider and Spider Carnage being 20 a pop and coming with basically nothing is somewhat of a crime when the best of Wave 3 Spidey has an alt Pete head, a web line, a stand, and the Spider-Sense effect.

I'd give up some of the extras if Spidey just came with all the necessary tampos, and maybe eyes that you can't see the webbing through.

Is that a common thing? I have literally never had that happen with any of my Spideys, new or old.

Didn't know where to ask this, but at this point, is my safest bet for a poor mans deadpool the avengers deadpool set?

Can anyone fill me in if you are able to cobble a decent deadpool out of that set?

You can make a decent one out of that set. I'm kicking myself for passing on the Thunderbolts set, so I made one out of the MvC3 one.

x1dbwi.jpg

Looking at pictures on Ivan's Database it appears that you can. That seems like the best route since you get all the other figures in the set.

Looking at pictures on Ivan's Database it appears that you can. That seems like the best route since you get all the other figures in the set.

Thanks, saw that earlier, I think I may grab it this weekend, as books a million has tons of them, I'm sure it will go on clearance the day after I buy it.

Didn't know where to ask this, but at this point, is my safest bet for a poor mans deadpool the avengers deadpool set?

Can anyone fill me in if you are able to cobble a decent deadpool out of that set?

yes, there are all the pieces in that set you'd need to make a good, classic looking Deadpool plus a shitton of accessories for making other alternate Deadpools.

Legion%2BOf%2BUncanny%2BAvenging%2BDeadp

I'd give up some of the extras if Spidey just came with all the necessary tampos, and maybe eyes that you can't see the webbing through.

Is that a common thing? I have literally never had that happen with any of my Spideys, new or old.

Well, there are at least Cyborg Spider-Man, both Superior figures, both ASM2 figures with white eyes, and the Best Of Series 3 figure that have the problem. And don't get me started on eyes and webbing actually lining up.