UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I wasn't paying close attention to the announcement of these.. I thought for some reason they would all be in a giant 8-pack or 2 4-packs.. I'm happy to see they are like a regular wave. I may have to pick and choose which 2-packs to grab due to budget. These do look great. I did want to see Thing with the open hand just to be different but everything else is perfect so no complaints.

Cheers for web-pits Spidey!

i would swap out the underbody so i could salvage him but the peg is still glued into the minimates arm, so i cant put the arm on another body :(

stick the arm in boiling water for about 30 seconds. The ball should be easy to prize out, as the plastic will be a little softer. You just need an implement, scalpel or something.

go for it!

i would swap out the underbody so i could salvage him but the peg is still glued into the minimates arm, so i cant put the arm on another body :(

stick the arm in boiling water for about 30 seconds. The ball should be easy to prize out, as the plastic will be a little softer. You just need an implement, scalpel or something.

go for it!

thanks, ill give that a shot :D

I picked up Spidey/Goblin and was impressed with the amount of accessories they managed to pack inside the packaging, and the figures do look good.

The only disappointing thing about the set I picked up is that the heads for Parker & Osborne were improperly cast so the interior peg slot is warped and filled with extra material that prevents the heads from connecting to the torso.

Edited by Aethyr

go for it!

Good tip; I've had this happen a couple times over the years, and I never could get the joint out of the socket.

Ahh... Deadpools helping Deadpools. :highfive2:

How come we've gotten this far in the thread and no one has suggested a follow-up wave called "Best of Army Builders"? :)

I did, in another thread

...sort of

well... I said they could do a predominantly villainous best of wave, with a Skrull, etc.

... pretend I suggested army builders.

for starting the thread? pffft, that's easy, even I can start threads.

the real heroes are fwooshey and MYTE, glorious pictures boys! Godspeed!

without them, this is barely a thread, but a mere clusterf*ck of silliness.

EDIT - who? bilbofett? he's about, don't worry.

Edited by dj87

"Best of Army Builders"

I could go for that wave.

Speaking of which... Zach, how did your investigation into why no non-movie Marvel army builder case dumps going?

So I picked up the Iron Man and Thing set today... very nice all around; this is definitely the best Thing Minimate we've ever seen (though, yeah, it woulda been nice if we'd gotten those extra Ben Grimm parts that were supposed to come with one of the earlier ones). Anyway, I decided to see what Iron Man would look like with the arms and legs from the original classic Shellhead Minimate. I always liked the details on that figure. Anyway, since this post is useless without a picture....

post-1943-0-41059400-1330290712_thumb.jp

I quite like him, myself. The yellow on the earlier Iron Man is brighter then the new one, but I don't think it's too incompatible.

Zach, how did your investigation into why no non-movie Marvel army builder case dumps going?

Investigation is ongoing, but in August Nate Essex asked this question of Ask DST:

Hey Chuck, Many thanks for all the effort you and your team goes to in answering so many fan questions. I’m a huge fan of your Marvel Minimates & have really enjoyed the troop-building army dumps that you guys have produced for the Ironman, Thor & Captain America films. Will we ever see a similar set-up for the Comic Book troop-building characters? I’d love to be able to purchase single packs of comic-accurate Army Builders like the Skrulls, SHIELD agents, Stepford Cuckoos, Purifiers, Age of Apocalypse Infinites, Age of Apocalypse Madri, Hand Ninja’s etc . . . Cheers, Nessex.

DSTChuck: Nate, thanks for reading, we’ll keep doing these as long as everyone is interested enough to take the time to write in with questions. Right now we have no plans for a comic army builder dump, we use those to off-set the short packs in the two pack assortment and that seems to be working pretty well since we made that change a couple years ago.

Feel free to Ask DST to see if you get a different response, I'll try and pursue it on my end.