UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being snide... were Iron Fist, Mr. Fantastic and the Grey Hulk in the Avengers?

Iron Fist was in the New Avengers with Luke, and Grey Hulk was the original intended color for Hulk so you could say that he was on the Original Avengers. As for Mr. Fantastic, I am not sure

Yeah, Spidey Sense Spidey just seems... weird to use, instead of Black Suit or Scarlet Hoodie (especially since they could reuse that jacket piece from the TR sets)

Venom in Series 2 had a black costume Spidey underneath his parts. And why would Hoodie Spider-Man be in a Best of Wave? No fan of the Spider-Man movies or current comics would be looking for that Minimate, and the point of the line is to appeal to entry-level collectors.

and I can say, as a Toys R Us employee, those other sets should sell like hotcakes. the random parents that come in really are looking for the Hulks, the Iron Mans, the Caps, and the Spideys

Thanks, Mnemosis. Still think people don't understand the point of this line.

Iron Man: He's basically a recolored Iron Man from TRU 14, which isn't bad but it really should have been that mail away 'mate from the dvd.

Captain America: We just got this in TRU 16.

Doubt Disney would he happy we re-issued their mail-away figure. And not everybody got that Cap, especially not specialty store retailers.

What I dont get is how they took years to rerelease Hulkbuster Iron Man for the DVD due to being a TRU exclusive, but we immediately get a rerelease of the TRU exclusive NOW! Captain America.

Neither figure is a straight re-release, both have paint differences. And both decisions were made for the benefit of the line at large, they just came up at different times.

Seeing how Hawkeye and Ant-Man are paired together, how cool would it be if this miniature Ant-Man arrow accessory made it into the set?

Unfortunately, the "Best of" format means we generally are not creating newly tooled parts, just re-using the best old ones.

The only thing that bugs me is how... Avengers centric these Best Of waves have been. Other than Doom, Sabertooth and Deadpool, it's been all members of the Avengers. Can we hope to see some X-love sometime soon?

The X-Men movies have never really been targeted at kids, and there hasn't even been an animated series in a while, so the X-Men might not be the best subject of a line designed to bring in new collectors. And while there's no Avengers line this year, there are an X-Men movie line, a couple of X-Men box sets and a full X-Men comic assortment in development.

I didn't know about the Venom thing, I just parroted what others said.

But that doesn't explain the Fantastic Four... who are less popular than either X or Avenger, yet we got Reed, Thing, and Doom. Their movie which... I don't remember who they were aimed at, lol. Teen boys who wanted some Alba? And I don't think they have had a cartoon in years.

Not arguing, just trying to understand the distinction between.

DST is playing catchup. We didn't get Thor till Wave 16 and Hawkeye till Wave 20!!! Just look at all the xmen in the first half of minimate history. Just saying. The 2000s were all about Xmen and Spidey. The 2010s is the Avengers era

I of course would've liked to see jean and Scott and Charles among best of 3, but I can totally see where DST is going with this line.

Reed was during the Walt Simonson run

Everyone's favorite Avengers team!

Avengers-300.jpg

We just need Gilgamesh to complete this roster! C'mon, who's with me? Give me a G! Give me an I! Give me... guys? Hello?

Gilgamesh ? I'd forgotten about him .

Wait ... you forgot The Forgotten One? How?

GOOD LORD! I AM GETTING ALL OF THESE!

ED: Summer 2014, no specifics?

Edited by MiniMage