UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts:

Luke Cage/Iron Fist: Simple put, one of the best two packs so far.

Cap/Spidey: This look like the classic spidey that i've been waiting for my whole life!And I missed on now! Cap the first time around (only bought Wanda) so i'm quite happy with this re-release.

Ant-Man/Hawkeye: I've already got the Disney Hawkeye but that Ant-Man is soooo good!

Grey Hulk/Tony: Gulk looks fricking awesome and this Iron Man looks like the definite extremis armor version.

All in all, a fantastic wave and i'll surely buy doubles of cage/fist.

I like this set as I do not have any of the characters as they appear in this "Best Of" Wave.

I have been kicking myself for passing on the Disney Set that had Hawkeye in it, because I was going more for the Movie look. But I am going get this wave. I think I have the Cpt. America in this wave already but I am happy to get more as I use them at work (since I work with the Army daily in my role at my local university).

I never got "Spidey-sense" Spider-man so I am looking forward to it. As for Ant-Man, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Grey Hulk, and Luke Cage: I have never gotten any of them so I am happy to add this wave to my collection. I will likely get duplicates to have both Iron Fist versions and both Luke Cage versions (and Ant-man and Hulk).

When is this wave supposed to be available? (I don't recall reading that anywhere.)

I didn't really need another Spider-Man, but if we're getting one I'm glad he comes with bigger eyes. For all of the different Spider-Man minimates we've gotten they haven't actually varied the eyes all that much. What's with the lower arms though? I know they've been skipping the web tampo on the inside of the arms for a while now, but now no red either?

Great Choices. I think this wave is way better than the previous two Best of waves. Glad to see Hawkeye with his proper hair cut and not that awful faux hawk. I also like this stern look for his face. That is an improvement over the previous I gotta poop face. I wish he would've have come with some New Avengers style arms for his full sleeve look. That would've have been nice and allowed for multiple buys for other costumes. Now, I gotta return all the Sisko's I bought for Luke Cage custom looks. The new Ant man body could double for a Vulcan (Summers brother) custom.

Nice work DST! Hawekeysjunk approved!

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

The only thing that bugs me is how... Avengers centric these Best Of waves have been.Other than Doom, Sabertooth and Deadpool, it's been all members of the Avengers. Can we hope to see some X-love sometime soon?

actually, that's kind of how everything is now. Avengers is priority one. Avengers fans were probably thinking the same thing about us X-Men fans in the nineties lol

The only thing that bugs me is how... Avengers centric these Best Of waves have been.Other than Doom, Sabertooth and Deadpool, it's been all members of the Avengers. Can we hope to see some X-love sometime soon?

actually, that's kind of how everything is now. Avengers is priority one. Avengers fans were probably thinking the same thing about us X-Men fans in the nineties lol

Sounds about right, except I never met an Avengers fan in the 90's lol

Was always X-men.

It just bugs me that this is supposed to be a Best Of Marvel line, and yet the only X-character here is... you know who...

I can assure you we were thinking that in the 90s. laugh.png

But even I think it's a little crazy. This is the perfect place for a new blue and yellow Cyclops, or FA Storm, or Charles Xavier... or, if I might suggest, to correct one of the greatest wrongs in 'matedom, First Appearance Angel.

Yeah - i'm a little surprised we didn't see a couple of extra x-men show up. Not that i really wanted them, but a suspected we might see Cyclops and Magneto.
Still, i'd rather this Luke Cage redo than a straight release of Jim Lee Cyke or Magneto.