UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

I'd give up some of the extras if Spidey just came with all the necessary tampos, and maybe eyes that you can't see the webbing through.

Is that a common thing? I have literally never had that happen with any of my Spideys, new or old.

Well, there are at least Cyborg Spider-Man, both Superior figures, both ASM2 figures with white eyes, and the Best Of Series 3 figure that have the problem. And don't get me started on eyes and webbing actually lining up.

Then clearly I'm the outlier. I own every Spidey minimate (other than a few older ones that there are better versions out there of) and literally haven't had that happen.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tampos on many recent Spidey Minimates have been discussed many times on this forum ...if you are happy with them................ then stay happy rolleyes.gif

Gillbob316 .... I relate to most everything you're saying [here] ...........the nuances of the 'Best of Waves' are spot -on .

Deadpool ? There's only one ...the first one . An incredible Minimate which according to ebay is rare no.gif

You can check out the pictures of those figures at MMDB, it's pretty easy to see.

Oh, I get it, I'm just pointing out I literally haven't had that problem, and am missing maybe three Spideys to have all of them. So as "wide spread" as the issue is, clearly it's not a 100% every single one case. Now, messed up webbing, I have, but the webbing through the eyes I might have on one (My cyborg Spidey, and it's barely noticeable.)

not sure if this is the general Marvel Minimate thread or not.

Pretty good day.

I got Venom Through the Ages in the mail, scored some awesome minis from my LCS, noticed they had the Age of Ultron BLinds, got two Red Ultrons!

Wahoo!

Also, purchased my first custom fodder (valiant TRU set) to attempt a decent deadpool out of the 4 pack I am gonna pick up today.

Also, got Wave 60...very good set so far, only picked up the set minus destiny, because I have another full wave coming in the mail!

Great Minis Day!

Yeah, criticizing the minimate set with the most extra parts we've ever received for not having enough extra parts seems somewhat unreasonable to me.

I never claimed to be reasonable.

It was a crammed set and a really great one.

But it's a shame that now that this set had come out, there's less chance of getting re-do's of the classic versions. Those of us who enjoy classic versions get kinda grumpy about modern versions and movie versions getting their peanut butter in our chocolate. ;)

I'd generally agree with you, but there are classic costumes and then there are hopelessly dated ones and I think Power Man and Iron Fist are the latter. I'm probably biased though because the run where Iron Fist got a new costume is one of my favorite comics. But it's not like DST is afraid to make ridiculous *cough* Dazzler *cough* 70's costumes.

Another awkward question.

Can anyone help real quick? Just picked up the hall of armor pack, tony seems to come without his hair. Thinking about sending back, what's the deal? Does it come with more than one head and hairpiece?

Edit:

Just checked database

No additional heads, should I return for different one? (Amazon), or just open and use one of several stark hairs I have?

Edited by Shortysben

Hey, don't mean to sound like a broken record, just unsure where to post thing like this:

Just got cap2 winter soldier pack...it's money, that winter soldier is ready to take on an army, very nice mate

The thread for the series it was released in might be a good start....