UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way I see these assortments coming back is after the Fox acquisition is done and DST wants to reintroduce the Fantastic Four to Minimates collectors. A separate “Greatest Hits” offering of X-Men might be worthwhile as well depending on where Disney and Marvel take their mutants. 

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

The only way I see these assortments coming back is after the Fox acquisition is done and DST wants to reintroduce the Fantastic Four to Minimates collectors. A separate “Greatest Hits” offering of X-Men might be worthwhile as well depending on where Disney and Marvel take their mutants. 

Agreed. They would make nice Disney store sets and would be great for the parks but otherwise I think we are sadly done. It would be a blessing if they gave us a female FF chest block somehow to match the Reed but I doubt it. 

3 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

... a "YAY! The FF is BACK!" assortment with the whole family, some new supporting characters, and a kick-ass BAF!

I am holding out hope for this exact scenario. Those new costumes would make a great base for a wave. But I would also flip out over a ‘classic uniform’ box set ala that ‘Best of’ Reed...

Edited by Donny B

37 minutes ago, nandoninny said:

have we gotten a she-hulk in ff costume?  that's one figure i'd love to have

Sadly no. Tons of supporting characters that have never been touched.

I think everyone knows at this point where I stand on the Fantastic Four. They are to me what Tigers are to PL. Giving us the new costumes would definitely be the way to go. Maybe even a second Alicia packed with the Thing given recent events. I'd be hard pressed to get another Doc Doom, but I'll always welcome one. Dragon Man is an absolute must have for me and Crystal needs to happen. As for a BaM, Franklin would be great and so would another Inhuman. Maybe Triton? I'd also love someone like Willie Lumpkin.

44 minutes ago, nandoninny said:

i think a really cool "Best of" and also themed wave could be the Walt Simonson/Art Adams run "new fantastic four" where Hulk, spider-man, ghost rider, and wolverine become a new ff b/c a female mind reading skrull took out the original ff.  

Or just a series based off of Simonson's FF at all! In my opinion the best run on the characters since the early Kirby days. Really stayed true to the heart of who the characters were. Plus I simply adore the cosmic grandioseness.

1 hour ago, youbastards said:

Far From Home will be a boxset and Walgreens wave, if precedence holds.

I just hope we can get Ned, MJ, and Flash out of this wave since they all got skipped last time.

and hopefully some SDCC sets.  i'm thinking avengers will need one more than Spider-man but as long as we get something i'm happy.

No Far From Home wave or box set that I am aware of. 77 is our de facto Far From Home wave. 

I meant both, that we weren't making a new best of wave (because as said previously, the two Greatest Hits waves covered pretty much everything except the FF) AND that it didn't seem like we were making more of the two Greatest Hits waves. They presumably served their purpose, and I think sets going forward will try to include more main characters -- or perhaps it could be said that more Marvel characters are becoming brand names, making Best of Waves unnecessary.

The "Best of/Greatest Hits" assortments were a great jumping on point for new collectors. Given how rarely Marvel's most popular characters were offered in their classic costumes at TRU, I always thought these SKUs should have been offered at mass, not just specialty. These are truly iconic looks that should always be available and never be retired.

I think since Speedball was introduced in a Spidey annual he could work in a future Spidey wave along with an updated Firestar.

I love the fact that Alpha Flight was more or less done in two box sets like the anew New Mutants. I just need some New Warrior love. Justice, Rage, Speedball and Firestar all could have made the Avengers cut too ?

Edited by EricM
Add text

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

No Far From Home wave or box set that I am aware of. 77 is our de facto Far From Home wave. 

I meant both, that we weren't making a new best of wave (because as said previously, the two Greatest Hits waves covered pretty much everything except the FF) AND that it didn't seem like we were making more of the two Greatest Hits waves. They presumably served their purpose, and I think sets going forward will try to include more main characters -- or perhaps it could be said that more Marvel characters are becoming brand names, making Best of Waves unnecessary.

Zach, I really appreciate your responses and your willingness to engage with our questions ??

On the topic of MCU Minimates; I’m curious about Avengers: End Game. Will we be getting any offerings for that movie?

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

Nice. More comic book waves! 

Yes, 78 is great, and the next two should be pretty cool.

22 minutes ago, Donny B said:

Zach, I really appreciate your responses and your willingness to engage with our questions ??

On the topic of MCU Minimates; I’m curious about Avengers: End Game. Will we be getting any offerings for that movie?

Oh, yes.

3 hours ago, EricM said:

I think since Speedball was introduced in a Spidey annual he could work in a future Spidey wave along with an updated Firestar.

I love the fact that Alpha Flight was more or less done in two box sets like the anew New Mutants. I just need some New Warrior love. Justice, Rage, Speedball and Firestar all could have made the Avengers cut too ?

LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!!

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

This is BS. If we can get 3 versions of bland faced Captain Marvel but only 1 Skrull, we should be able to get the two new Spidey suits and Mysterio. Marvel's been doing 3 movies a year for the past few years, I don't see why it's an issue now. And if it's timing, I point you to the Ant-Man and Wasp set that came out over 3 months after the movie. We better get something out of this movie. I wrote into ASK DST and told others to do the same, in hopes that we can at least get a 4 pack.