UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

Grey Hulk and Iron-Man?

I picked these up with the exception of Cap and Spidey. For those who didn't pass, what's different between this Spidey and the Spidey that came with the Punisher?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grey Hulk and Iron-Man?

I picked these up with the exception of Cap and Spidey. For those who didn't pass, what's different between this Spidey and the Spidey that came with the Punisher?

Classic vs. modern. John Buscema vs. Sal Buscema. No web wings, bonus Peter Parker head.

fig1423flg.jpg Hail Ivan.

10394788_852579484786310_214245612789266

13spidey1.jpg

925926_824844467579390_554964615_n.jpg

Edited by DSTZach

• 4 months later...

so i just bought the Iron Fist/Luke Cast "best of" set off Amazon and when i opened them I noticed that neither character came with the extra set of arms for shirtless Iron Fist or Leather Jacket Luke Cage. i didn't go back through all the comments, but was this a common problem for everyone that bought this pack? there didn't seem to even be tray spots for these extra limbs even though I have seen pictures of the figures with these alternate looks.

sorry if this is "some old shit, that's been covered"

Edited by suicidewatch

Same thing happened to me with my set. I have an as yet open request in with DST Customer Service.

Is there really some blockade on X-characters and the FF for DST? I had a great idea for a wave 4 but it'd be too X heavy I guess.

Has DST talked about a new wave yet? I really wish this series was yearly, we could always use upgrades to classic characters.

If we can't have X characters or FF I'd love to see Ghost Rider, Abomination, Black Cat, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, Vision, War Machine, Black Panther. And realistically some "usual" characters, possibly Black Spider-Man, Red Hulk, Winter Soldier or some other recent major releases that are a necessity for DST to get their big-guns in.

We need an update of Cyclops in his classic straight blue uniform in the next 'best of' wave... pleeeeeease Zach?

i could think of 8 X-Men figures that could use an update that would make a pretty great "Best Of" wave

Brown Suit Wolverine (finally one that nails the colors and look) with Colossus in his red and white mid 80s uniform

Blue and white X-Factor Cyclops with a red and yellow X-Factor Jean Grey

a new sculpt of classic 70s Storm with a green and yellow classic Banshee

Quicksilver in his original green costume with Angel in his yellow and red 60s costume.

Not only Invisible Woman, but I'd take a solid red and yellow Human Torch too. The Best Of series as a general rule has used matte paint instead of shiny paint for characters. A flat grey "first appearance" Silver Surfer would be cool too.

but I'd take a solid red and yellow Human Torch too. The Best Of series as a general rule has used matte paint instead of shiny paint for characters.

An "off the page" Torch would be awesome, I love that they put the stripes back on that last TRU Torch, but on solid red it'd look even better. I'd also love a solid white Iceman, the All-New one in Wave 59 would've been perfect if they'd used the blue lines for the face/muscles instead, and left off the outline of his uniform, which I don't remember ever being visible after he transforms in the actual comic.

We need an update of Cyclops in his classic straight blue uniform in the next 'best of' wave... pleeeeeease Zach?

i could think of 8 X-Men figures that could use an update that would make a pretty great "Best Of" wave

Brown Suit Wolverine (finally one that nails the colors and look) with Colossus in his red and white mid 80s uniform

Quicksilver in his original green costume with Angel in his yellow and red 60s costume.

I'd change out to:

GSXM Cyclops w/ green dress Marvel Girl

Jim Lee or grey Beast w/ wheelchair Xavier (in place of QS/Angel)

Edited by Mnemosis

I'd really like a solid red with lines Torch too. Hell, they could re-release the same tampo details from the "Nova Flame" one from that TRU wave 15 but with red solid body parts and yellow translucent flames.

My choice for Best of Series 4 would be:

- Human Torch (solid/lined and come with the big flaming "4" base from TRU 15) and Invisible Woman (same paint color/4 logo as Best of Reed is a requirement). She'd be solid with extra phasing clear arms/legs and the big shield base from series 48.

-Classic red/white Falcon ('70s Kirby version with Redwing and a flight stand) and Astral Doctor Strange (with magic hands and the swirly foot base).

- Green skirt Marvel Girl and blue/yellow Cyclops ( who would come with two masks, one with the optic blast firing and one without).

- Classic bulked-up Abomination and either a re-do Stealth Iron Man using the Classic Heroic Age body or Hydro Armor Iron Man. Either way, Shellhead would come with a blue flight base.

Edited by Mystery Man

I'd really like a solid red with lines Torch too. Hell, they could re-release the same tampo details from the "Nova Flame" one from that TRU wave 15 but with red solid body parts and yellow translucent flames.

My choice for Best of Series 4 would be:

- Human Torch (solid/lined and come with the big flaming "4" base from TRU 15) and Invisible Woman (same paint color/4 logo as Best of Reed is a requirement). She'd be solid with extra phasing clear arms/legs and the big shield base from series 48.

-Classic red/white Falcon ('70s Kirby version with Redwing and a flight stand) and Astral Doctor Strange (with magic hands and the swirly foot base).

- Green skirt Marvel Girl and blue/yellow Cyclops ( who would come with two masks, one with the optic blast firing and one without).

- Classic bulked-up Abomination and either a re-do Stealth Iron Man using the Classic Heroic Age body or Hydro Armor Iron Man. Either way, Shellhead would come with a blue flight base.

Sold!

Not sure if or when a fourth series would be in order, but the point of the series is to make popular characters in well-known looks. All those characters sound like great candidates, but I doubt any of those short-lived, long out-of-print costumes would make the cut in a Best-Of Wave, as much as I'd like to see them.