UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

Sorry Nessex, I couldn't resist!laugh.png

If I were planning a Best Of Wave 3, this is what I would do:

-Cyclops (classic blue and yellow costume)/Marvel Girl (green skirt and fin mask)

-Invisible Woman (matching the previous FF releases)/Namor

-Vision/Black Panther

-Wolverine (Mandripoor costume)/Silver Samurai

Edited by hellpop

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if i'm wrong, but we have never gotten new sculpts in the Best of waves. While i'd dearly love it - i dought that we'll see a Fin-mask Mini-skirt Marvel Girl. Same story for Silver Samurai.

Every 'Best Of' mate has been a remake/update of a previous figure. I'm placing my bets on updated Ultimates costumes or even NOW! re-releases we've got in the last 2 years.

Edited by Politician

Blue/gold cyclops-Ghost Rider

Namor-Black Panther

Thanos-Sue Storm

Apocalypse-Gambit

This is my stab. This is based on the thought that the best of waves are "greatest hits" type waves. Which would give no room for repeating characters since it's to give them a new mate in a recognizable wardrobe. Maybe replace gambit with nightcrawler or black panther with moon knight. Human torch or War Machine could take a spot, but it's really hard to think that torch could be improved on. However, many would argue that for a lot of these haha. Or the the best of wave in general.

All of the characters in the series have certainly been made, but it's hard to look at a few and say "that is an update of X figure."

No Ultimates -- the point of the line is to appeal to new customers, and the Ultimate stuff is, at this point, either 616 standard or forgotten.

Not sure when they will hit, possibly summer.

Hellpop and Josh 2382 are both 0/8. Politician is 1/8.

Gideon is not in it.

@Nessex Silver Samurai wouldn't need new pieces, though, since you could reuse the Tomb Raider Samurai parts. But Zach has already squashed my hopes and dreams. sad.png Notice, though, I didn't say those were guesses, just what I would do....

So it's safe to say that there's one Marvel NOW outfit in this bunch. It's too late for me to try and think who that might be... Wasp, maybe? Wasp and Red Skull? Eh, I dunno. I would bet against anything from the Ultimate U, though; at this point those books are so far down from where they were Marvel might as well just cut bait and run.

Oh, one thought does occur to me... could Zach's clue be referring to a character that only saw a movie release previously? Like, say, the Blob?

Ok thanks for clearing that up, I have this strange dislike for Ultimates. I really can't come up with anything concerning the NOW! stuff so I'll just take another stab in the dark.

Human Torch/Mole Man
Lizard/Black suit Spiderman
Professor X/Juggernaut
Antman/Wasp

Edit: The Spiderman/Goblin pack is definitely an updated re-release though. Also we got MvC Doom and Best Of Doom only months apart, Daredevil only a year (I think). Thor from the Stormbreaker set was only months apart from his Best Of release and they were largely similar except color. I personally don't mind, I truly believe the Best Of 'mates are the best versions of each character, but there's definitely a pattern with the first two waves.

Edited by Politician

I almost love that Hellpop and I are dead wrong because now I have no idea! Haha. But..I am a bit saddened. I was truly hoping for thanos and apocalypse. I would say dinobot cracked this case..but with the chance one of those are wrong(looking at you Felicia), can we have hints?

hopefully we'll get some answers this sunday tongue.png

also I seriously doubt we're going to get a lizard in this wave since theres one in the new Spidey set

Now that you mention it, you're probably right BUT we did get the Venom TTA set like a month before Venom in Best Of 2. That's Venom for you though, but I've got a good feeling about Black suit Spidey/Spidey Villain.

good point about Venom, but he's a much better known character

I kinda hope it ISNT black suit spiderman since we've gotten two fairly recent ones and both are great figures

if it has to be a Spiderman id prefer an updated Iron Spider

I think this time we deliberately tried not to include characters that had just been made very recently.

One two-pack has been guessed already.

Sorry, last hint. smile.png

Hmmmm.....

So - Politician has got one of these right:

Human Torch/War Machine

Cyclops/Magneto

Carnage/Ben Reilly~Scarlet

Hawkeye/Ultron

And one of these 2-packs is right:

Human Torch/Mole Man

Lizard/Black suit Spiderman

Professor X/Juggernaut

Antman/Wasp

Abomination/Hulk of some sort

Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin (Would we class Scarlet Spider as a Spider-Man?)

Luke Cage/Iron Fist (white outfit)

Beast/Iceman

I'm not sure how recently 'very recently' means, but i've crossed off everyone who had a minimate come out in 2013. What do we think guys?