UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

post-1725-0-93017700-1360649044_thumb.jp

LOVE LOVE LOVE this Hulk. The main reason I originally wanted this 2-pack was to get Loki (who is also great.) but Hulk ended up being amazing. Kinda sucks he didn't come with a raiser piece but I used the one from my previous Hulk so it's all good.

post-1725-0-71167600-1360649061_thumb.jp

He goes great with the other 'classic' style guys I have on display. :D

Oh and...

post-1725-0-57809100-1360649314_thumb.jp

:lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my custom case from Luke and noticed a couple of interesting things.

- All the Venom's don't have white tampo web-shooters on the hands. Anybody else's like this?

- The Dr. Doom I got from Luke has the "armored-up" sculpting on the shoulders of the arms, just like the MvC Doom. But the set I ordered offa eBay had regular, smooth arms. I prefer the smooth arms. Wondering which one is the error for curiosities sake.

So I don't know if it got mentioned, but has anyone noticed how the stands are the larger version? And they are also Acrylic, not PVC like the others? No warping or anything. Very, very cool. I highly approve.

I actually got some of both types within the set, even one pack that had one of each type in it

Re: Hulk Quality Control...

I had to buy two MvC3 Red Hulks and 2 Bulked-Up Hulks to get them right. And I don't just mean loose parts, I mean to get the right parts period.

I bought 3 MvC3 Green Hulks and got replacement parts from Diamond, and he still isn't right. He still has two right hands. Diamond sent me two right hands to replace those hands. And I had to contact and re-contact Diamond about 4 times over several months for that. I kinda reluctantly gave up on that... it got tiresome...

Mismatched hands and thigh coverings seemed rampant with all these figures.

The differences are so small that the parts are too damn easy to mix up for a factory worker. The thigh thing never seems to happen with bulked up figures who have marks on their thighs, but when they don't have tampos, the factory assemblers brains seem to fall out. I'd bet tons of you have Hulks with the wrong hands or thighs and never even noticed.

I haven't recieved this new wave from Luke yet (it's in the mail) but as I notice this new hulk has no distinguishing marks on his thigh covers, I fear the worst. These posts do little to re-assure me. Man do I hope I don't need to buy 3 of these things... again...

You have insentive to buy two so you can have a Banner, but my Hulk has appropriate thigh covers and the dumbest of the dumb couldn't mix up hands with fingers on them, so I think you should be good :)

This thread needs more pics:

Probably the best thing about wave 2 is that three of the packs are worth buying two of for the alternate looks (sorry you lost out Punisher and Deadpool):

005_zpsdb9b6133.jpg

And the best alternate look? Updated Dave Hulk:

002_zps9c4e59ed.jpg

I don't think anyone has posted pics of this yet:

003_zps1a5ae63b.jpg
004_zps0fec204e.jpg

With stuff like this, I'm really hoping for a third best of wave.

Is deadpool from this wave worth getting if I already have the deadpool corps set?

I'm definitely getting that hulk, for me he is the perfect color, has the best looking muscle definition, face tampo,and the perfect hair piece to be my go to hulk. He has a very classic feel to him. Sorry to hear about some QA issues.

Is deadpool from this wave worth getting if I already have the deadpool corps set?

Depends how much the hole in the head of the Corps set bothers you. The differences are the lack of a hole in the head, some muscle detailing on the legs, black marks on the feet, no bandoliers for the upper legs, and a slightly orange paint job.

I was able to open both of my sets this weekend. My favorites are definitely McFarlane Venom & Hulk. Hulk is the perfect shade of green. I couldn't be happier.

The only QC problem I had was I could not remove the hands from 1 of the Hulks. They are really stuck on. Also, as others have stated, neither of my Venoms have the white tampo on the hands.

I am also a fan of the hard acrylic stands. DST needs to sell bags of these. I'd use them w/all my existing Minimates if they were made available for purchase.