UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

I must say this looks like a very nice new Best of Wave indeed. I would try to get them all, but I promised mom and dad I'd stop getting them. Luckily I showed mom the picture of them and she said I can get the Hulk/Loki two pack, plus the fact Hulk and be transformed into Bruce Banner is a nice addition. That one will be my last MiniMate two pack. I gave my promise and I'm sticking to it. Now, if I could only find a way to get Blaxk Panther & 90s Storm.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, for my own peace of mind... has anyone who bought "Best Of" Cap tested to see if his blue matches the blue from the "mask off" accessory that came with Cap Through the Ages set? I lost track of the number of Cap's I've bought this year, yes none match this shade of blue and I'm too darn picky not to let that bug me. One the other hand, I feel ridiculous buying more nearly identicle Cap figures in the hopes that I'll find a matching color. (yes, MvC3 Cap, I'm looking at you.)

I must say this looks like a very nice new Best of Wave indeed. I would try to get them all, but I promised mom and dad I'd stop getting them. Luckily I showed mom the picture of them and she said I can get the Hulk/Loki two pack, plus the fact Hulk and be transformed into Bruce Banner is a nice addition. That one will be my last MiniMate two pack. I gave my promise and I'm sticking to it. Now, if I could only find a way to get Blaxk Panther & 90s Storm.

I have to say, Joshua, your first post is a real downer. Sorry to lose you as a collector.

Hey Zach:

-Liklihood that the Mr. Fantastic will have the new parts shown with the Series 48 one? It'd be nice to have an all-encompassing "classic" version of him with all the different stretch attachments. :D

- The production picture shows Hulk with the "old" mega rage hands. The production art at the panel shows him with the new "finger" hands. Any idea which it'll be?

Yer the best, fella!

Not sure which parts will ome with who yet. I know it all depends on how much room they have in the tool.

Not sure if proto Hulk had old hands out of convenience or compromise. I'll ask.

Joe Fixit comes with a shirt/vest, I believe, but not a bare chest. That's why I had a grey Savage Hulk in the Series 50 poll. Nobody voted for him, if I remember right.

I was thinking it would be cool if we could get an alternate color 4 pack as a con exclusive or something. Definitely grey hulk, and yellow daredevil, maybe black costume punisher with white gloves and boots, and maybe a more comic accurate x-men suit deadpool. Though, daredevil and deadpool wouldn't be a straight color swap, they would require slight changes. I don't know if that would make it more unlikely to happen, but that would be really great. That's just how I feel though, I really want a bulked up gray hulk and up dated yellow daredevil.

I think we're always looking for a theme for four-packs, and I'm not sure "people who are different colors" would fly. (The MvC3 P2 sets for SDCC last year were more out of necessity than anything.)

But since they're all A-listers, variations on these guys is always a possibility in the regular waves. Hulk and DD you should Ask DST for. Punisher it seems like we've danced all around this version, but who knows. X-Men Deadpool... is that the yellow and blue one? Like in the MvC set? How long did he wear that?

Joe Fixit comes with a shirt/vest, I believe, but not a bare chest. That's why I had a grey Savage Hulk in the Series 50 poll. Nobody voted for him, if I remember right.

I did.....

I think we're always looking for a theme for four-packs, and I'm not sure "people who are different colors" would fly. (The MvC3 P2 sets for SDCC last year were more out of necessity than anything.)

But since they're all A-listers, variations on these guys is always a possibility in the regular waves. Hulk and DD you should Ask DST for. Punisher it seems like we've danced all around this version, but who knows. X-Men Deadpool... is that the yellow and blue one? Like in the MvC set? How long did he wear that?

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't fly. It made more sense for the P2 setup, then for no real reason. It was more wishful dreaming, I just really would like to see those variations.

X-men Deadpool that I was thinking of is the one from Cable and Deadpool Vol. 2, I think it was only worn for a couple of issues tjough. But, that to me is the quintessential X-men DP costume.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/71377/1315010-xpool_super.jpg

What were they priced at?

I went back yesterday and they had mates in other stores too. Probably about 20 Coulson & Frost Giant/Jane and Frost Giant packs. Suggests that they had a few cases and all the Thors sold well.

Here's the kicker, price.....$16.95....for a two pack. What kid is going to want a man in a suit/civilian woman for that price? No wonder they're hanging about.

Just got the wave 1 set and as Tony would say, "They'rrrre Grrrreat!" As a new collector, being able to snag all the fairly big name characters in one fell swoop is awesome. They feel very complete with all kinds of accessories and even some pieces to allow characters to go maskless.

As far as future Best Of characters go, I hope to one day get a Ghost Rider. I see there have been a few released before but I find them a tad expensive, and honestly I feel like he's a character that belongs in these types of sets anyway. I even bought a Hot Wheels bike, with flames and all, in anticipation of getting Ghost Rider :)

Bike.jpg

post-6839-0-10239500-1354836326_thumb.jp

Just got the wave 1 set and as Tony would say, "They'rrrre Grrrreat!" As a new collector, being able to snag all the fairly big name characters in one fell swoop is awesome. They feel very complete with all kinds of accessories and even some pieces to allow characters to go maskless.

As far as future Best Of characters go, I hope to one day get a Ghost Rider. I see there have been a few released before but I find them a tad expensive, and honestly I feel like he's a character that belongs in these types of sets anyway. I even bought a Hot Wheels bike, with flames and all, in anticipation of getting Ghost Rider :)

Bike.jpg

That... that that... That Bike. I will find that bike. I will own that bike. Ghost Rider will ride that bike. It seems a major problem I've had with the Rider's existence can be slightly solved. Is it a perfect Hellcycle? No, but it certainly looks serviceable.

That... that that... That Bike. I will find that bike. I will own that bike. Ghost Rider will ride that bike. It seems a major problem I've had with the Rider's existence can be slightly solved. Is it a perfect Hellcycle? No, but it certainly looks serviceable.

It was like $3-$4 at Walmart. I've tossed the packaging, but I know it was Hot Wheels brand. It's amazing that the handlebars are like exact size for minimate hands. The hands don't feel stretched or anything when placing them over the handlebars.

Bike.jpg

Just an FYI, itMFtis: we will be getting a blue flame Ghost Rider in Marvel Minimates wave 50.

And good find on the bike. I found a similar one years ago, but I had to pinch the handlebars downtown fit a Minimate hand.

That's part of the tragedy of M.A.X.'s apparent demi...er... extended hiatus: that was one of our best shots at true minimate motorcycles. So we continue to scrounge for "make do"s. The one you found is pretty cool, itMFtis, and looks like it'll make a good Blaze Rider bike.

Bike.jpg

I believe this is the Bike information:

Hot Wheels 2010 Race World OCC Splitback RED Motorcycle #193 by Mattel (if you click it takes you to the item on Amazon)

Edited by Bsore

I use the Figure Factory Ghost Rider's bike for Danny Ketch:

marvel%20factory%202%20ghost%20rider.JPG

ghostriders_001.jpg

The left handlebar is connected to the figure's hand, but that's fine when you have him swinging his chain over his head.

WOW, that looks amazing. Is the Figure Factory figure attached to the bike then? Did you just cut him off?

Are these available at specialty shops now?

Are these available at specialty shops now?

Not sure, I ordered the set off Kirin Hobby for $38 shipped.

Some skulls, some hot glue flames, and Johnny may finally get a bike with that 2009 model. Thanks, Zach.

I use the Figure Factory Ghost Rider's bike for Danny Ketch:

marvel%20factory%202%20ghost%20rider.JPG

ghostriders_001.jpg

The left handlebar is connected to the figure's hand, but that's fine when you have him swinging his chain over his head.

That is a brilliant idea! Now I have to check through all my sets and see which others work with Minimates....and get a Danny Ketch Minimate too :)