UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Spidey's upper arms. Anybody have a problem with the right arm (if you're looking AT the front of the figure) not staying on? It's almost like the socket joint on mine is warped. I'd like to know if they're all like this before I pick up a 2nd one.

why didn't you just say left arm then?! :biggrin:

no pal, no problems with mine, seems you just got unlucky there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tempted to pick a few of these up, but if anything, it'd be more for the nicer looking Wolverine and the yellow/red Iron Man (Seriously, the gold/red combo should stick to movie based Iron Man stuff only).

• 6 months later...

Further "Best of" waves could always be a great way for older releases to get updates. Black Cat, Black Widow, Quicksilver, Absorbing Man, Hobgoblin, Abomination, etc, - all characters that have older 'mates that deserve a refresh, just pack a hero and corresponding villain together, please. Plus, if re-do characters were more relegated to the "Best Of" waves, then that would open up more spots for new characters in the numbered LCS and TRU waves.

Edited by youbastards

What defines "best?" Is it best selling? Most wanted? Hulkbuster Iron Man & Archangel would be great to get rereleased but might not be viable as I expect they are more costly to produce than standard figures.

I would love to see Power Man & Iron Fist rereleased. I personally don't think there are enough black characters available (but that's more indicative of Marvel than DST). Plus those two dont require any accessories (although accessories are always appreciated). Hercules & Ares would be a good one. An updated Dr. Octopus. Kraven.

So many wants....

Yeah, Best Of is essentially a LCS guarantee sell out. I'm laying odds on Best Of wave 2 to have a Spidey, Wolvy, Ironman and Thor in it again. Guys like Sabertooth and Thing are interchangeable. But these are specifically targeted at kids and impulse buyers, and are intended to have the big names. Quite frankly, this is the one time I would totally welcome straight up re-releases, especially from Best Of wave 1. Saves me some cash. As it is, the slight variations made me buy them all. :/

• 2 weeks later...

There are some slight differences on some figures & some major differences on others. Loke seems to actually be a 'new' figure cobbled together from old parts. Big cape from comic Thor, but with a movie helmet. Looks like we're also getting the hair-piece that was originally planned to go with movie Loki, which is pretty awesome :thumbsup:

There are some slight differences on some figures & some major differences on others. Loke seems to actually be a 'new' figure cobbled together from old parts. Big cape from comic Thor, but with a movie helmet. Looks like we're also getting the hair-piece that was originally planned to go with movie Loki, which is pretty awesome :thumbsup:

Yeah Best of 2 is going to be great. I just can't justify buying the first best of set if there is no big difference.

Yeah Best of 2 is going to be great. I just can't justify buying the first best of set if there is no big difference.

I caved and bought the Wolverine/Sabretooth pack & the Spidey/Goblin pack because i loved the new faces on 'Tooth & GG. But i left the others.

Wave 2 however, i think i may just pick up all of.

I think I'm to have to pick up at least 2 or 3 of each pack for all the possible alternation looks.

I am really loving how much Dst is trying to incorporate so much in extras and alternation pieces. Its a great gift to the fans that is much appreciated.

Know what's great about Wave 2 of the Best Ofs?

There are two sets I LOVE and two sets I really don't care about. It's perfect. I can get my DD/Venom and Hulk/Loki and then leave Punisher/Deadpool and Dr. Doom/Reed for anyone else who wants them. And considering the response to those (Which is good response) I think it'll be pretty easy to say that none of these are truly pegwarmers. Wave One had some characters that we've gotten enough times in definitive forms that they could become stale. And from what I could tell it didn't offer many incredible improvements. This wave seems to be trying to offer some brave new things with that Venom, Hulk, and the weapons on Punisher and DP. Yeah this'll be a good wave. And we'll probably see it disappear fast. So I guess we'll want to get cracking when it hits stores.

The Best of Wave shouldn't ever sell out.... Their made to be accessed at anytime, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I remember hearing that Best of wave 1 was made so that new collectors could easily find and buy main characters at anytime. Their made to last!

Not all those bonus parts are guaranteed to make it, remember. Still pricing out the line.

I remember, I just mean that it is great that we are getting so many extras for alternation looks in packs. We've gotten them in the past, but it is definitely being done more and more. It is also with out a doubt one of my favorite things about minimates, and it's becoming the future of minimates(Marvel wave 47 and Walking dead wave 1 are good examples) in a way. So with the best of 2 extras, whether all, none, or some are produced; its the the thought and the effort that are most appreciated.

I never got any of the minimates in Wave 45, so I'm definitely interested in the DD/Venom set and Hulk/Loki also sound good (it would be great if it's JIM Loki, but an update of Wave 16 would work just as well).

The Best of Wave shouldn't ever sell out.... Their made to be accessed at anytime, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I remember hearing that Best of wave 1 was made so that new collectors could easily find and buy main characters at anytime. Their made to last!

We went back and made more of Best of 1. Got in a new shipment not too long ago. I assume we'll make more whenever we run out again.

I never got any of the minimates in Wave 45, so I'm definitely interested in the DD/Venom set and Hulk/Loki also sound good (it would be great if it's JIM Loki, but an update of Wave 16 would work just as well).

It's definitely similar to Series 16 Loki. Not sure we'd ever put Kid Loki into a Best Of series.