UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some more detailed pics. Front, side, back and unmasked / alternate heads.

Page_1.jpg

Page_2.jpg

Page_3.jpg

Page_4.jpg

Page_5.jpg

Page_6.jpg

Green Goblin is the stand out mate of this series. His satchel is actually a purse. It's a reuse of Kim Bauer's from the first 24 minimate boxed set. (Sorry Fwoosheyman)

Spidey also comes with his pit webs.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

It's funny after all the grousing, and Zach's "these aren't aimed at collectors" spiel... most of us are probably going to be picking these up anyway. :rolleyes:

-Goblin does look nice. And is Spidey sufficiently unique enough to justify buying? He probably is. I don't think, though, that in fifty years, Peter Parker's hair has ever looked like that.

-I like the red and yellow Iron Man too; he's kind of like a redo of the old, classic first Iron Man Minimate. Too bad there's not a stealth variant.

-I still can't see anything unique enough about Cap and Thor that makes them worth picking up for a collector. I really hope that pack moves before the wave 44 one hits.

-The purple package looks sharp! :thumbsup:

Edited by hellpop

Scrap.

Why'd those have to look that good? With 43 and MvC2 hitting now, I really can't afford any of these... I certainly shouldn't buy the whole wave, but as the song says "kinda I want to".

And the slaggin' Cap even looks like a good color match to the Iceberg Cap, and his pulled down mask accessory. (did we ever actually come to a consensus on what to call those?)

Blast it, these need to suck more, like a lot. If I do this it will so flush all the brownie points I scored at Valentines last week.

Scrap.

Why'd those have to look that good? With 43 and MvC2 hitting now, I really can't afford any of these... I certainly shouldn't buy the whole wave, but as the song says "kinda I want to".

And the slaggin' Cap even looks like a good color match to the Iceberg Cap, and his pulled down mask accessory. (did we ever actually come to a consensus on what to call those?)

Blast it, these need to suck more, like a lot. If I do this it will so flush all the brownie points I scored at Valentines last week.

Well as long as you know it's not the right thing, and you know it's not a good thing....But these mates are killer. Proper tweaks to fix some annoyances as well as a good way to get your buddies collecting. Going to grab the Iron Man/Thing next week.

this IS a great wave, i bought all of em and love them to death, but i had ONE defect :/ my sabretooths arm was stuck in place so i tried to take it off to see if it was the ball joint, and the ball joint tore off :( now the ball is stuck in his arm and i cant get it out :( i dont have my parts box out right now but can someone tell me if the colors match the original sabretooth?

Here are some more detailed pics. Front, side, back and unmasked / alternate heads.

Page_1.jpg

Page_2.jpg

Page_3.jpg

Page_4.jpg

Page_5.jpg

Page_6.jpg

Green Goblin is the stand out mate of this series. His satchel is actually a purse. It's a reuse of Kim Bauer's from the first 24 minimate boxed set. (Sorry Fwoosheyman)

Spidey also comes with his pit webs.

Hee, hee pit webs.... These do look very nice, cant' wait to get them

Sorry I didn't shorten this it's late and Im feelin' lazy

Edited by bilbofett

One minor gripe I have about the Green Goblin is the paint on the top of his legs. I get that they were going for an extension of his jerkin, but the pink / purple applied over the green comes out a extremely dark and is kind of distracting (IMO), but I can live with it. On the other hand, DST/AA painted GG's pumpkin bomb in a very slick metallic orange (not noticeable in the pics) and for some reason it just looks 100% better than the previous 2 releases. You got to see it in person to understand.

Scrap.

YOU'RE right! Cap does match floating mess cap, I'm going to have to buy him now.

this IS a great wave, i bought all of em and love them to death, but i had ONE defect :/ my sabretooths arm was stuck in place so i tried to take it off to see if it was the ball joint, and the ball joint tore off :( now the ball is stuck in his arm and i cant get it out :( i dont have my parts box out right now but can someone tell me if the colors match the original sabretooth?

His neck fur and base orange are matches, everything else is different, and slightly better. if you can get the plug out of the shoulder, just swap the inner chest (if you need one, I have plenty).

Edited by MsMarvel fan

ah, y'see... that new ones is so much better all round. I can't not keep that one on display. I just hope he doesn't hold his small crotch against me... :unsure:

cheers MsMarv fan

EDIT - that was it, I think that proto was missing the clawed hands as well, which put me off.

Edited by dj87