UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMHQ Down

drgnrbrn316

Due to a recent hack on our website resulting in some malicious redirects, I've brought down Minimate Headquarters for the time being.

I hate having to pull the site, but I didn't want anyone picking up anything bad on their PCs as a result of this and figured it better to take it all down than continue to slap bandages on the problem and hope it was fixed.

I'm going to take this opportunity to do some overall upgrades to the site, perhaps take the look in a new direction. I'll also be looking into taking on some help in running the site in the future. I'll post more details on that as I figure out what direction I want to take, but if anyone is interested in helping out in any way, or have any ideas on how to improve upon the site, you can reach me through private message here, or via email at drgnrbrn316@yahoo.com (please put MMHQ in the subject line so the spam filter won't trash it)

Damn - that sucks dude. I have a small website that got hacked recently as well. It really bugs me when hackers target small, non-profit web-pages to leave their net-vandalism.

If they were REALLY any good at what they did, they'd be taking down web-sites for government departments, defense, madonna etc . . .

I am sad that you have been hacked, but I am glad that you are taking steps to fix it. I have been noticing the automatic redirect on my work computer for a while, but I could still get there on a work around.

Best of luck with fixing the problem!

And we're back up and running. Sorta.

Its going to take some time before the archives can be restored, due largely in part to me having no clue what files if any are corrupted from the old site. But, we're updating again, the new gallery is slowly being populated, and I'll work on some sort of theme for the site that is more pleasing to look at.

I appreciate the patience, everyone.