The Expendables Minimates

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

From Ask DST #250:

Onin S.
Hi! Just want to ask if you guys are planning to produce action figures the upcoming expendables 3 film? I saw your upcoming sin city figures and pulp fiction. Bruce Willis and Mickey Rourke have great sculpt there and I was wondering if you possibly have the rights to produce their respective characters in expendables, Willis (as Church) and Rourke (as Tool). Thanks.

DSTChuck: While we would have loved to make figures for Expendables 3, we will not be able to. The issue with the second movie was that the studio was not able to get likeness rights for figures for most of the cast, and the ones they did get took a good deal of time to clear, so we’re going to have to pass this time.

So while Minimates would be a no-brainer (given the expanded cast), that category alone isn't enough to warrant acquiring the license. And I don't suspect there's a huge market for plastic banks and bottle openers.

I wouldn't say I "love" them, but I did get the chance to see Expendables 3 early whistling.gif and quite enjoyed it, particularly Gibson's villain. Imagine Riggs if Murtaugh weren't around to keep him straight. Banderas was having a lot of fun with it too. Harrison Ford though....man, I have a tough time picturing him in Star Wars VII. I just don't think he'll be able to pull off Han Solo in a way that doesn't seem forced. It was nice to see perennial bad guy and real life Dick Tracy villain Robert Davi again.

These movies aren't by any means great, but they are fun, especially when you can tell the actors are enjoying themselves.

I could never figure out whether there was love for these ?

Sorry yb I meant the 'mates .........I haven't seen the movies .

My main gripe with the Expendables 'mates is the hip pieces ...........what was going on there ?

post-638-0-33615900-1407176635_thumb.jpg

Hip pieces changed around this period & I've just gotten to live with them but they just looked wrong ....badly wrong ....with these.

My comment was in regards to both the 'mates and movies. To this day, I still can't tell you what characters were in what boxsets at which location. I *might* have loved Expendables 3 'mates though, because I enjoyed it more than the others and would have gone out of my way to buy them because of the performances of some of the new actors.

I wouldn't say I "love" them, but I did get the chance to see Expendables 3 early whistling.gif and quite enjoyed it, particularly Gibson's villain. Imagine Riggs if Murtaugh weren't around to keep him straight. Banderas was having a lot of fun with it too. Harrison Ford though....man, I have a tough time picturing him in Star Wars VII. I just don't think he'll be able to pull off Han Solo in a way that doesn't seem forced. It was nice to see perennial bad guy and real life Dick Tracy villain Robert Davi again.

These movies aren't by any means great, but they are fun, especially when you can tell the actors are enjoying themselves.

Question: what the hell is Kelsey Grammer doing in this movie?

Edited by Lobsterman