UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Expendables Minimates

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the old guys, Willis has aged the best.

That statement implies Bruce Willis is merely a man. I'm convinced he's far more than that.

I want to see Expendables 2, but if the buzz about cramming more celebrities into a third movie is true... that just seems like too much to me.

I still like Nicolas Cage well enough, but I don't remember the last time I watched a movie of his and really enjoyed it. It seems like everything he's in nowadays is a failure, unfortunately

Drive Angry isn't too bad, better then the Ghost Rider stuff anyway.

Of the old guys, Willis has aged the best.

That statement implies Bruce Willis is merely a man. I'm convinced he's far more than that.

I want to see Expendables 2, but if the buzz about cramming more celebrities into a third movie is true... that just seems like too much to me.

I still like Nicolas Cage well enough, but I don't remember the last time I watched a movie of his and really enjoyed it. It seems like everything he's in nowadays is a failure, unfortunately

Drive Angry isn't too bad, better then the Ghost Rider stuff anyway.

The Sorceror's Apprentice is underrated. Great cast, great effects, a lot of fun, a la Pirates of the Caribbean.

Season of the Witch is overserious, but not bad. Ron Perlman makes it watchable, but Cage is pretty calm throughout.

I don't like National Treasure for one reason. As I was walking out of the theater, there were these two guys talking, and one says "Man! That was so accurate!" and the other goes "I know! All that stuff really exists!"

They weren't joking.

This gave me the largest laugh all week, lets steal the Declaration of Independence.

I can't wait to see and have this set I also got a order in with TRU.com before they sold out on round 1,they should be here soon :biggrin: .They are back in stock now!

Fwoosheyman does Booker have a hat?

Edited by eclipse

Got my set from Toysrus.com today. The shipping package was beat up and torn, but the minimates were fine. Chuck does not come with his hat:

post-3040-0-32387900-1346813895_thumb.jp

But Hale Caesar's hat fits:

post-3040-0-70398700-1346813909_thumb.jp

It just looks funny without hair.

I'm OK with this set, but I'm mostly looking forward to the the comic shop exclusive so we can round out the team.

Chuck looks great!! tomorrow is my big day to get them. Thanks for the heads up on the hat.

Edited by eclipse

My LCS said the second boxset got pushed back to November. If it's because of adding Jean Claude's extra head, it's definitely worth it. My TRU didn't have the Chuck Norris set but they did have the new Universal Monsters packs so not a total loss today.

Does Randy Couture have a hole in his head for a possible hat? I'm using a stand in right now using Looney Bin Jim Face and Pauly's Hat from Rocky set.

I hate how some Minimate guns are super SD, while others are reasonable. The fact that wave 10 assault rifle is more scale accurate than the new one drives me nuts. Or that the "grenade launcher" is just a single handed pop-dun, while the pistols are like a Halo 1 Human pistol that can level an army. While I appreciate the amount of weapons in this set, I'd like it if the designs were re-thought a bit with scale in mind and less SD-ism.

My LCS said the second boxset got pushed back to November. If it's because of adding Jean Claude's extra head, it's definitely worth it. My TRU didn't have the Chuck Norris set but they did have the new Universal Monsters packs so not a total loss today.

Does Randy Couture have a hole in his head for a possible hat? I'm using a stand in right now using Looney Bin Jim Face and Pauly's Hat from Rocky set.

My shop got their sets in today. To answer your question, no, Randy Couture does not come with a hole on the top of his head. I too was kinda bummed that DST did not include a boonie hat (yup, that's what it's called) for Toll Road. But I too am planning on customizing a spare Paulie hat to stand in as a good substitute. My only other gripe about the set is the hairpiece for Yin Yang. It's a good hairpiece, but just doesn't look like the style Li wore in the film. And the lack of ball cap is also kind of a bummer. Too bad the upcoming ball cap / hairpiece from the Walking Dead minimates (Shane and Glen) did not exist prior to the conception of this Expendable set. It would have been a perfect fit with Yin Yang and Booker from the TRU set.

You got it brother. I didn't post these ones because I just didn't find them as interesting because we already had them from the first film. I would've appreciated a beret for Stallone, or some more arms for Schwarzenegger, maybe a sack... I do really appreciate the fine detail work on the tattoos, but I would rather have had some of the female supporting cast of these films, which never in a million years would I imagine having toys for so, keep putting 'em out!

post-3040-0-35654300-1347067962_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-06973800-1347074002_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-26703700-1347074179_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-90451800-1347067986_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-65281900-1347067974_thumb.jp

Edited by ufemizm