UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter x Tekken

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I allowed to say I think this thread is gay all the way? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

It really amazes me how all of our threads devolve during the time between proto pics and when the actual products shows up. Wait, did I say 'amazes'? I think I meant 'amuses'.

1340155417[/url]' post='233243']

I was counting accessories that actually came with mates. If Fury or Wolverine ever come with Cigars, I will be very happy.

X-23 cause she was Wolverine, and got cloned. Ultimate Spider Woman by those same standards.

One of the earlier Thing minimates came with a cigar. Probably the easiest accessory to lose out of all that have been done. Kingpin had a cigar too, but he never inhaled. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still a little annoyed that walking boob (seriously; his belly was made with fricking BOOB physics! That! Is! Just! Wrong!) got a "main" slot in SFxTK and far better characters like Alex were shafted.

Having said that the rest of Wave 2 look awesome. I'm especially looking forward to Kazuya, Yoshi, Hehachi, Kuma and Hwoarang (yay! I get my two Tekken mains in minimate form) from the Tekken side and Abel, Hugo and Rolento from the SF side.

• 2 weeks later...

Mystery Man, I saw a mate in there with a beret. For use with a certain Howling Commando custom.... ;);)

Have we made a Minimate with a Percival Pinkerton face? Or a bumbershoot?

Hey, thanks bilbofett! I may get one to try once these hit.

For now, I've already kit-bashed one using Jean DeWolff's hairpiece, a second hairpiece and lots of careful (ouch) cutting with an xacto knife.

The Penguin minimate came with an umbrella, and I used a specific Egon Spengler head for the glasses and dj87 (my go-to paint guy) was kind enough to paint an appropriate mustache on for me.

Edited by Mystery Man

So, do we know what the case break down for these is going to be for the LCS wave(s)?

Will it be a Marvel vs Capcom situation with 2 complete sets/4-3-3-2 break down? Or will it be a DC minimates/custom case situation where each case will have 3 complete sets? Or something else entirely? Zach?

Thanks!

I know Ryu was displayed with the rest of the line at SDCC, but is going to be released in SFxT or will he only be in Marvel Vs. Capcom? I just want to know so I don't purchase the Captain America and Ryu pack, if he's going to be released again in Street Fighter X Tekken.

SFxT is 4-3-3-2 at specialty. Four Ken/Steve, 3 Sagat/King, 3 Cammy/Nina, 2 Poison/Lili. Not certain of the TRU breakdown on that assortment.

Ryu is definitely in Series 2 of SFxT, with Yoshimitsu. He's the common set at specialty, and he'll also be at TRU. Slightly different facial features, not sure what else, though.

Shot King and Sagat the other day. King is my new favorite Minimate ever. Sagat is just a great basic 'Mate. Pics soon.

Edited by Zach Oat

SFxT is 4-3-3-2 at specialty. Four Ken/Steve, 3 Sagat/King, 3 Cammy/Nina, 2 Poison/Lili. Not certain of the TRU breakdown on that assortment.

Ryu is definitely in Series 2 of SFxT, with Yoshimitsu. He's the common set at specialty, and he'll also be at TRU. Slightly different facial features, not sure what else, though.

Shot King and Sagat the other day. King is my new favorite Minimate ever. Sagat is just a great basic 'Mate. Pics soon.

Thanks for the info Zach, I'm really happy to be getting all these Street Fighter and Final Fight characters, hopefully one day Poison, Mike Haggar and Rolento will have Cody, Guy and Sodom Minimates joining them.

Looks like I'll be purchasing both Ryu's then, not that I'm complaining, I say the more Capcom 'mates the better.

Sagat is just a great basic 'Mate. Pics soon.

So Zach, why was Sagat (and for that matter Zangief and Guile) made as a basic mate when he’s pretty beefy in the games?

Was it a choice by Capcom or the DST design team?

or was it a plan to force me to buy two Sagat packs? (I have a set of Iron Fist Wrap arms, Beast Duck Feet, and a Movie-Hulk Power House Chest waiting to bulk Sagat to his correct size in the post-Alpha continuity, but a basic Sagat sure would make a nice “SF2” lean Sagat)

I couldn't see Sagat or Guile using a powerhouse chest, they're muscular characters but aren't overtly huge like Haggar or M. Bison (post-Alpha) but on Zangief bulk is essential. Thats just my opinion though, I personally think Chun-Li from MvC3 wave 3 needs bigger thighs to be accurate.

I couldn't see Sagat or Guile using a powerhouse chest, they're muscular characters but aren't overtly huge like Haggar or M. Bison (post-Alpha) but on Zangief bulk is essential. Thats just my opinion though, I personally think Chun-Li from MvC3 wave 3 needs bigger thighs to be accurate.

The ways I sees it Sagat and Guile need the movie Hulk chest pieces just to keep in scale with the other characters.

Sagat is over 7 feet tall (and after Alpha HUGE in terms of muscles) and Cammy is 5 foot (or under?) but because Cammy’s barrette and hair add mass she’s taller then Sagat as a minimate.

Guile is more muscular then occasional partner for no real reason Chun-Li and his brother-in-law Ken and Ken’s hetro-lifemate Ryu, But because Ryu and Ken have sculpted Gis and Chun-Li’s got sculpted shoulders Guile is the slimmest in their group.

I feel like they could have been handled like Expendables Stone Cold and given the Movie Hulk torso (and duck feet and Iron Fist gloves for Sagat) with matching tempos underneath so one could choice how bulky they wanted them. There’s no excuse for the non-Mega Raged Zangief we’re getting.

I don’t know, maybe I’m nitpicking... but I will say Wave 2 (yes even Rufus, whom I hate) is so awesome I’m willing to let go my misgivings about Wave 1’s scale, I own paint and have amassed the parts I feel I need so I should just shut up and be thankful I’m getting 80% of the factory fresh Sagat I’ve wanted into of the 0% I had before.

The ways I sees it Sagat and Guile need the movie Hulk chest pieces just to keep in scale with the other characters.

Sagat is over 7 feet tall (and after Alpha HUGE in terms of muscles) and Cammy is 5 foot (or under?) but because Cammy’s barrette and hair add mass she’s taller then Sagat as a minimate.

Guile is more muscular then occasional partner for no real reason Chun-Li and his brother-in-law Ken and Ken’s hetro-lifemate Ryu, But because Ryu and Ken have sculpted Gis and Chun-Li’s got sculpted shoulders Guile is the slimmest in their group.

I feel like they could have been handled like Expendables Stone Cold and given the Movie Hulk torso (and duck feet and Iron Fist gloves for Sagat) with matching tempos underneath so one could choice how bulky they wanted them. There’s no excuse for the non-Mega Raged Zangief we’re getting.

I don’t know, maybe I’m nitpicking... but I will say Wave 2 (yes even Rufus, whom I hate) is so awesome I’m willing to let go my misgivings about Wave 1’s scale, I own paint and have amassed the parts I feel I need so I should just shut up and be thankful I’m getting 80% of the factory fresh Sagat I’ve wanted into of the 0% I had before.

I don't think your nitpicking man, Guile and Sagat are big characters and deserve to be treated as such. I always think of Sagat as a balanced character but yeah his most recent appearance he's seriously bulked up, Guile should be bigger then Ryu, but I'm fine with a vanilla mate, as long as he has his trademark giant hair, thats the make it or break it piece for me.

Are we getting a Dan figure? This would be a great reenactment

art_sagat.jpg