UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter x Tekken

Rufus is my favorite character from that line. Without him, I wouldn't have had the right parts for my Star Wars Bossk custom. I hope we see the last couple Street Fighter characters somehow, someway in the future.

Zach, all these apologies are not necessary; you do much more than you have to. Besides, apologies make you look weak pirate.gif

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 1: Rufus

Step 3: Bossk

What's Step 2?

DST acquires the Star Wars Minimate liscense?

Oh, and...

____/ \____

__ Sarcastic __

| Piggies |

| 4 |

| Life |

|_______|

:thumbsup:

EDIT: The shape above should look like a t-shirt....

Edited by Onyx_6

Step 1: Rufus

Step 3: Bossk

What's Step 2?

Yeah... what exactly does Rufus and Rufus alone lend to a lean, hairless, barefoot alligator man from space?

Anyway Zach, since you asked nicely and I’ve taken photos of my monsters for less then that!

CUTEY MONSTER PARTY TIME!!!!

post-1897-0-05874000-1376611153_thumb.pn

Dracu-lili is by the Cactus-Pups, being at the moument Draculaura’s only representation in my collection. The shelf is a bit of a mess since I just moved them from the living room to the collection room (my fiancee wanted the Four Horsemen figures in the living room so she could enjoy them more often, ironically this was also caused by a Raven) and I haven’t had time to go to the plastic store and get some kick ass custom risers made for them like I have for my minimates, so they’re on tacky metal wire risers for the time being.

and with a dramatic light source!

post-1897-0-91762100-1376611233_thumb.pn

oooh so scary!

But hey I know, we’re all manly men here at the Multiverse, we don’t want to look at DOLLS... so don’t worry, here’s the girls’ Dads keeping watching over them:

post-1897-0-88567800-1376611360_thumb.pn

(once Marvel waves 51 and 50 arrive I can ship my BBTS order and I’ll be able to flank that shelf with the Frankenstein and Creature bust banks, making it 87% more awesome... also, Zach, please tell me that super poseable Creature is still planned for next year. I *NEED* that figure.)

and finally, to tie this into a comment I made earlier:

post-1897-0-58649300-1376611697_thumb.pn

See Rufus, I don’t like the character and would trade him for anyone, but I do like the minimate so he's proudly in the middle of the display (also, a custom Jin)

Who would have thought that the SFvT thread would become the place to be today?

It seems like, recently, we've been engaging in a lot of Monday Morning Quarterbacking with some recently defunct lines. Frankly, I really don't know what more DST could have done to make this work, outside of getting them into video game stores (and I don't know if they did, since I'm not a gamer). These two waves were shipped in MASSIVE quantities to TRU; I mentioned this way back in this thread, but there's one TRU near me that had FIVE CASES worth of SFvT sets on the shelves, for a grand total of 60. I think they've got more SFvT then all the other Minimate lines combined. This is also the only Minimate line I can recall that had a promotional sale. So the retail support was there, the figures were there, I think... just not the buyers.

One thing I will say: I can understand you guys that are pissed off that DST didn't frontload the main characters from the game to ensure they all were released. I'd be especially mad if I were a Street Fighter fan, and we saw the line come back only to not get Blanka... again. But we did get, what, Chun Li twice and Ryu three times? Ouch.

If you're doing QCs, Robot Red Skull's head might be a decent place to start for IG-88. Can't think of any other thin robot heads.

And baghead, that is a hell of a collection, Minimates AND Monster High. I love that you have Herman, Alucard and is that a Dog Soldier?

Who would have thought that the SFvT thread would become the place to be today?

I wish I'd never come, but I'm gonna turn it into a fun place to trade recipes and look at dolls.

I love that you have Herman, Alucard and is that a Dog Soldier?

’tis a Dog Soldier, from SOTA (ties into the Street Fighter theme of the thread, no?)

but that’s not Alucard... it’s Dracula (from Castlvania, so he’s Alucard’s papa, but not Alucard himself)

Just wanna throw in my two cents, I enjoyed what they did with SFXT. Sure, in hindsight there are a few I would've rather had instead of some of the ones chosen, but I think what really could've helped the line was if we got some cool effects pieces that the old SF and the MVC lines got. The mates were cool and had some awesome designs, but they felt pretty bare.

That's another count against the line nobody has mentioned in the recent discussion. But double the licensors meant double the royalties, and therefore meant no room in the budget for extras. It was an expensive line to make, which was another reason we couldn't keep going with sales as they were.

Awesome Juggernaut baghead

This would make for a good band name. . .

what would? Juggernaut Baghead or Awesome Juggernaut Baghead? Either way, DIBS!

Also, thank you Katz, he’s a mix of Colosunaut and Juggernaut parts, my original idea was to paint him X-Evo colors, but liked how he looked with the ridges left red on the helmet, like he’s a weird luchadore or something.

• 2 months later...

By the way, the boxes for these cases of 12 of a single 2 pack also list the 2-pack name on the side of the box, so they are packed this way at the factory level. Not sure if it is that way for TRU - like you said, it might just be clearing out online inventory.