UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter x Tekken

I got my refund from PayPal in a week

It was my third set I ever bought, I just returned it and got a new one. My Destroyer also had two left arms haha :rolleyes:

Edited by zakkatz

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just visited my local TRU and was suprised to actually see these in the store. My TRU is notorious for getting wiped out the minute it goes on shelves. :verymad:

I picked up the Rolento vs. Kuma strictly for Kuma. A minimate bear?!? Fantastic! :lol::thumbsup:

While I'm more familiar with the SF francise than Tekken, I'm glad we are getting some minimates outside the realm of just super-heroes.

As for Kuma, I plan to do several camping theme mis-adventure pics and for any of you Ghostbusters Fans, he makes a perfect possessed bear statue from the IDW comic! And yes, the scarf is a separate piece so no need to modify. My favorite minimate of the year.

gb_art_3_full_zps2c062fa1.jpg

Edited by Jeff

So I loved seeing these characters. With the series ending, what characters did we miss out on?

These are the characters missing from SFxT

From the Capcom Side

• Dhalsim
  • Ibuki
  • Vega
  • Balrog
  • M. Bison
  • Juri
  • Mega Man

The DLC Capcom Characters

• Sakura
  • Blanka
  • Guy
  • Cody
  • Elena
  • Dudley

From the Namco Side

• Asuka
  • Paul Phoenix
  • Ling Xiaoyu
  • Ogre
  • Slim Bob
  • Jin Kazama
  • Marshall Law
  • Pac-Man

The DLC Namco Characters

• Lars
  • Alisa
  • Bryan
  • Jack-X
  • Christie
  • Lei

and the Sony owned characters

• Kuro and Toro
  • Cole MacGrath

Edited by Heroic Slacker

Pretty bummed this line is ending, but in all honesty it's not like this was ever gonna be the next Marvel or Walking Dead line. Shame we didn't get Vega, Dhalsim, or Balrog, and in their place we ended up with Rufus and Abel :angry:

Oh well, at least we got Ken!

photobucket-43300-1357785922626.jpg

Shame we didn't get Vega, Dhalsim, or Balrog, and in their place we ended up with Rufus and Abel :angry:

I know an angry mob might chase me out of the forum for saying this but I am going to say it anyway. I like the Rufus minimate. There, I said it. He may not have been one of the ones I would have chosen, given the limited run this line had, but I am happy with him.

Also, as a SF character completist, I am always happy when they make any character that isn't one of the SF2 characters because I can see all the SF2 characters getting released someday due to their popularity but Rufus, for example, was more of a longshot.

Edited by llama

What constitutes a bad Thor exclusive?

If I remember correctly, I ordered 1 Thor/Asgardian & 1 Sif/Volstagg, and I ended up with 2 Thors/Asgardians, and one of them was in a Sif/Volstagg box.

DEFINITELY not TRU's fault. Our fault. Hope you got satisfaction from one of us.

Shame we didn't get Vega, Dhalsim, or Balrog, and in their place we ended up with Rufus and Abel :angry:

I know an angry mob might chase me out of the forum for saying this but I am going to say it anyway. I like the Rufus minimate. There, I said it. He may not have been one of the ones I would have chosen, given the limited run this line had, but I am happy with him.

Also, as a SF character completist, I am always happy when they make any character that isn't one of the SF2 characters because I can see all the SF2 characters getting released someday due to their popularity but Rufus, for example, was more of a longshot.

Don't think anyone is going to chase you off for that, especially if Rufus' new body type eventually gets us a classic Blob.

Tekken's Kazuya's hair could help make Astro Boy mixed with Capcom's Zero for Face and Boots.

Yeah those last couple Street Fighter guys would love to see. I think nobody shows love for Guile, we finally have him.

Ken, while a main character, is also very plain and it was easy to make a custom of him. Guile, we needed that great hair. That's why Blanka and Honda are more important because of the unique parts needed to make em.

It's great that we even got anymore new Street Fighter guys. I was content with the old Chun Li, Ryu, and M Bison, but will always buy new stuff for the series.

Any ideas on how to make a Sonic the Hedgehog in minimate scale? All his toys at TRU are too big, sorry I know this is off topic.

If I remember correctly, I ordered 1 Thor/Asgardian & 1 Sif/Volstagg, and I ended up with 2 Thors/Asgardians, and one of them was in a Sif/Volstagg box.

DEFINITELY not TRU's fault. Our fault. Hope you got satisfaction from one of us.

I work in quality control, though, and while, yes, it was DST's (or the warehouse or whoever's) fault for mispacking, whoever loaded my box at TRU.com should've caught it. They weren't blind-boxed like some earlier waves. It would've taken half a second to make sure they were shipping me what I ordered, and not just go off barcodes & SKUs.

And, no, I didn't get it resolved. I kept the troop builder & sold the extra Thor to someone here, and thankfully found the pack I should've gotten in stores.

shrugshoulders.gif

It is sad that we didn't get a third wave, but honestly, look at this forum. Only 10 pages supporting 2 LCS waves AND 2 TRU waves??? That can't be a good sign that the sales were strong for this series. I am not faulting DST for that at all, Capcom really took a lot of flak from the fighting game community for having 12 characters "built in" to the game's code, that you had to pay to unlock, so sales of the game itself were never what Capcom/Namco were hoping they would be.

At least we got the characters we did, and some new molds that will hopefully translate well into other Minimate lines down the road.

After Street Fighter/Darkstalkers, MVC3, and SF X Tekken....I am fighting-game'd out. Only Dead or Alive 'mates would fix that, but I seriously doubt we would ever see that license. Hell, the swimsuit variants alone could support the entire line... :confused::unsure::blush::yes:

doa_bunny_ayane_thumb.jpg

Edited by youbastards

1357760975[/url]' post='257468']
1357686169[/url]' post='257339']

Not isolated to just you. I ordered 4 Thor/Asgardian sets and received 3 correct ones, and one Sif/Volstagg in the wrong box.

It is sad that we didn't get a third wave, but honestly, look at this forum. Only 10 pages supporting 2 LCS waves AND 2 TRU waves??? That can't be a good sign that the sales were strong for this series.

The thing about this forum and Minimate fans in general is that they are mostly Marvel fans, which is obviously due to the history of Marvel Minimate releases. (^ Marvel is even seeping into this thread) For fighting game minimates to be successful, they would need to reach a new audience. I had never bought a minimate before SFxT minimates were anounced and I am not a fan of Marvel characters. They needed to reach more new people like me if they want to expand into other areas, not just the people already on this forum. For starters, these should have been available at Gamestop at least. I wonder if Gamestop refuses to sell these kinds of things? Also, a new series of videogame based minimates should coincide with the release of the game and if possible, one or two minimates could be included with purchase of the game to get people hooked. That would benefit the game maker as well by giving them a bonus to throw in. I've seen games throw in other types of figures in the past so it's not unheard of.

Edited by llama

I asked Zach about Gamestop a while ago. I believe he said something along the lines of "if Gamestop's interested, they know where to reach us". They did also do a promo for Celibrity Deathmatch with the 3'' Mr T, but yeah I think that's a great idea. Maybe also an advertisement at the end of the brochure that comes with the game would have worked.

Edited by Punisher

Hell, the swimsuit variants alone could support the entire line... unsure.gifblush.gifyes.gif

a>

I hear someone running this way... is that... Dino?

a>

laugh.gif

While I would love DoA Mates, and absolutely adore Hitomi, even I have to admit that franshise is just on the other side of pervy sometimes.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Y7OWdkP67yc/T0EWSci9B5I/AAAAAAAAKWI/Yl0KkyN2Um8/s1600/Hitomi+Dead+or+Alive+game+character.jpg

Hitomi wub.gif Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Hell, the swimsuit variants alone could support the entire line...

Only if Minimates were prepared to break the "3-D chest" barrier.

Could be like Hulk and Things bulk up pieces, but with no "lower torso."

You mean something like the Iron Man/Iron Patriot armor with the shoulder pads removed? At least that was my thought for a possible Femme Fatale custom.