UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter x Tekken

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MK would be the best! Honestly think how many characters there are as well as all the costume variants, from the classic looks to the modern.

I think a strait up Capcom line would be really cool. There could be a Megaman wave, Final Fight, Resident Evil, Breath of Fire, Powerstone and Firebrand!

Street-Fighter-Tekken-Minimates-SFxT-Nina-Art-Asylum.jpg

Im extremely happy with this line. Ok, yeah, it's my first Minimates purchase, but these little guys are even more fun than I thought.

The slight difference in skin tone isn't that noticeable, at least with my Mates.

Here's my review of Nina:

http://www.blondebombmag.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-and-editorial-pictures-of-street.html

Edited by nico.icon

I really hope to see Blanka as a minimate.

Blanka is a DLC character and judging by the number per wave (12) and number of characters in the initial roster (35), it's likely one DLC SF and one DLC Tekken character will make it in Wave 3. HOWEVER there is no guarantee Blanka will be the one chosen (I'd rather see Dudley myself), but considering he is the only SF2/mainstream SF character in the DLC roster he makes the most sense. I would recommend familiarising yourself with the game's roster so you know who to expect.

MK would be the best! Honestly think how many characters there are as well as all the costume variants, from the classic looks to the modern.

One of my favourite things about MK9 was the "klassic kostumes". Too bad some of the ones I really wanted (namely all the MK3 costumes) were for the Vita port :(. That aside I'd LOVE to have all the male ninjas, whether it's classic or modern as minimates.

I think a strait up Capcom line would be really cool. There could be a Megaman wave, Final Fight, Resident Evil, Breath of Fire, Powerstone and Firebrand!

Couldn't agree more. As I have said before, I'd LOVE to see some of the Capcom characters like Captain Commando and Strider made as minimates as they were some of my favourites in MvC1 and 2

Blanka is a DLC character and judging by the number per wave (12) and number of characters in the initial roster (35), it's likely one DLC SF and one DLC Tekken character will make it in Wave 3. HOWEVER there is no guarantee Blanka will be the one chosen (I'd rather see Dudley myself), but considering he is the only SF2/mainstream SF character in the DLC roster he makes the most sense. I would recommend familiarising yourself with the game's roster so you know who to expect.

Remaining characters from the SFXT roster:

Street fighter:

Dhalsim

Ibuki

Vega

M Bison

Juri

Balrog

Akuma (already exists in recent minimate form but that didn't stop them from making another Ryu and ChunLi)

DLC

Sakura

Blanka

Guy

Cody

Elena

Dudley

Tekken

Asuka

Paul

Law

Bob

Jin

Xiaoyu

Ogre

DLC

Lars

Alisa

Bryan

Jack

Christie

Lei

There are enough characters left to make two more complete waves equal in size to the first 2 with one character to spare on each side. There are also 5 other non-tekken or SF characters in SFXT but those would probably require another license.

Edited by llama

I hate that I have four different white gi Ryus, but no Blanka or Honda, etc.

Maybe we will get Blanka if the SFXT line continues. Unfurtunately Honda is not in SFXT. Neither is Rose, one of my favorates who I do not believe has been made in any scale by any company. This is why I hope they can get a complete SF license and that it would be successful enough to get to some or all of the more obscure characters. They need to find more people like me who wouldn't be here (I mean collecting minimates, not existing in general) if it wasn't for the SFXT figures since I am not a Marvel fan.

Edited by llama

There are enough characters left to make two more complete waves equal in size to the first 2 with one character to spare on each side. There are also 5 other non-tekken or SF characters in SFXT but those would probably require another license.

Looking at your list, I don't think we'll be getting Blanka. For some reason I thought there were five characters from the main roster "left" for the SF side, not seven so I take back my previous comments about Blanka. Zach did say only three waves are likely (and even then, the third wave may be on hold) so even if the complete roster could be covered in waves 3 and 4, I'm not sure if it will, which is a shame as I really want Dhalsim, Ibuki, Juri, Blanka, Guy, Cody, Elena and Dudley from SF and Paul, Law, Bob, Jin, Ogre, Lars, Christie and Lei from Tekken (both Christie and Elena would benefit from Puck's "pose hand" due to their fighting styles).

This is why I hope they can get a complete SF license and that it would be successful enough to get to some or all of the more obscure characters.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm going to super annoyed if we don't end up with those figures but we have all those Ryu's and Chun Li's.

I’m okay with it actually since my MvC3 Chun-Li had a messed up face so a new one might look better, and I plan to repaint SFxT screaming Ryu into Evil Ryu so that all works out for me...

I just hate we got RUFUS... seriously, who the f**k was clamoring for Rufus in ANY form... I know, given a new hair piece he’ll make a decent Marvel’s Blob but who’s the guy who’s psyched this fat piece of sh*t got a minimate over Vega, Balrog, Dhalsim, an updated M.Bison, Ibuki, and if DLC characters are on the table Blanka, Guy, or Cody?!

• 2 weeks later...

"The first assortment of Street Fighter X Tekken Minimates was such a success that we had to bring the line back for another round..."

Zach: was the first round really a success? Is a third wave back on the table? Or was that kind of a wink wink nudge nudge thing?... :mellow:

Hmmm? I think they were referring to the second round. However, the second round was in the works before the first was even released so it looked like it was going to be released either way. I too would love to know the answer to the question above. Should I start getting my hopes up for more?

I would assume that is just puffing. Not saying the first wave didn't do well, but regardless of how well it did or didn't do, I've never heard an ad like "due to the overwhelming mediocrity of the first wave" or "back by tepid demand."

I would assume that is just puffing. Not saying the first wave didn't do well, but regardless of how well it did or didn't do, I've never heard an ad like "due to the overwhelming mediocrity of the first wave" or "back by tepid demand."

I'm sure you're correct but I would still like to know how the first series performed. I guess they are not going to say it was underwhelming prior to another release but if it did well, maybe we might hear something...

Edited by llama

I'm going to super annoyed if we don't end up with those figures but we have all those Ryu's and Chun Li's.

I’m okay with it actually since my MvC3 Chun-Li had a messed up face so a new one might look better, and I plan to repaint SFxT screaming Ryu into Evil Ryu so that all works out for me...

I just hate we got RUFUS... seriously, who the f**k was clamoring for Rufus in ANY form... I know, given a new hair piece he’ll make a decent Marvel’s Blob but who’s the guy who’s psyched this fat piece of sh*t got a minimate over Vega, Balrog, Dhalsim, an updated M.Bison, Ibuki, and if DLC characters are on the table Blanka, Guy, or Cody?!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Hell why did we get Rufus instead of Alex?! SFIV already got enough coverage with Abel and Juri (both of whom I like) but outside of DLC SFIII didn't get the same amount of love. And after seeing Maximilian's "Week of Alex" I'm certainly more interested in giving him another shot. And if Wave 2 is the last one, why did we get Rufus over Juri?! As a fellow practitioner of TaeKwonDo and a Korean, she's a great diorama partner/rival for Hwoarang.

Anyway my usual "WE NEED MORE OBSCURE SF CHARACTER" ranting aside, I am keen to see what the bio says for Kuma and getting that fig. Despite being a (possible) joke character he's always been a favourite of mine, especially his pre-fight banter with Paul in Tekken 5. Look it up on YouTube if you're not familiar, as he tries to detour his arch rival feeling there is something fishy in the tournament. And like every other characters in Tekken, he speaks with his native language - which is growling! In fact bar Julia this entire wave contains a handful of either my usual Tekken "mains" (namely Hwoarang, Kuma and Yoshimitsu) or characters I've always liked (Kazuya and Hehachi). Combined with Steve Fox from wave 1 I'm pretty happy with the Tekken offering, though I do wish we'll get Jin, Paul, Law and Ogre.

• 3 weeks later...

Wave 1 has been moving pretty well at the TRUs I visit. Have the sales numbers been pretty soft overall, Zach? Or is it that the higher licensing costs require this series to sell better than average?

Regardless of whether we get a wave 3, I think this series has been a lot of fun, and has produced some of my favorite Minimates this year. Getting Guile and Cammy has been worth the price of admission alone.

Edited by Lobsterman

Kinda off the subject of minimates, but does have to do with "Street Fighter X Tekken"... My local target just put SFXT into it's clearance bin and I picked it up today on PS3 for $8. They also had it on XBox360 for $11. If anyones fallen in love with the minimates, but doesn't own the game, I'm willing to make a trip back up there and get copies to trade for "two mates per game"... Just putting it out there...

Buy Series 2 like crazy, and hopefully the line is so explosively successful Series 3 spontaneously generates:

I preordered the non TRU set months ago and will buy the TRU exclusives as soon as they are available. I hope there are many others doing the same. I want all the SF and Tekken characters I can get. I hope to see series 3 and 4. Then hopefully even more SF and Tekken minimates in the future.