UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter x Tekken

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, is the bear coming to TRU? And what about the fat guy with the big belly? I don't know either of their names but they are the only 2 from this series I would buy.

That fat guy better be re-used as both The Blob and Volstagg of The Warriors Three (Comic version)!

the Bear’s name is Bear (well, Kuma) and he’s probably TRU

The fat guy is named Rufus and is the LCS short pack. He’s a garbage character so using him as a stand in Blob is the best thing that can happen to him.

The biggest disappointment this line could offer would be to not include Megaman and Pacman :(.

If those gimmicky throw-aways make it over Vega, Dhalsim, Cody, or Guy, I'm gonna stop collecting Minimates altogether on principle.

The biggest disappointment this line could offer would be to not include Megaman and Pacman :(.

If those gimmicky throw-aways make it over Vega, Dhalsim, Cody, or Guy, I'm gonna stop collecting Minimates altogether on principle.

I'm going to get the SFxT minimates to expand on my Marvel vs Capcom display. So having an extra Megaman character would be amazing.

Ken and Sagat sets showed up today so it's picture time.

In case you're wondering where are the pictures of the effects, Sagat fireball, Ken's flaming shoryuken and stands are there are NONE. Zip, zero, zilch.

After getting stands, effects, fireballs, accessories with all Marvel and MvsC minimates to get nothing at all really takes these down a notch and keeps them from being excellent. Quality I had no problems and the paint is clean and well done. But TvsSF don't seem to be getting the same amount of effort the other lines do and I find it to be very disappointing.

SDC11257.jpg

SDC11258.jpg

SDC11259.jpg

SDC11260.jpg

SDC11262.jpg

I hardly ever complain about minimates, but wow, pretty disappointing. Sagat's bandages look soooo cheap, and King's mask... well I know what I'm voting for the worst accessory of 2012. Dunno what happened there. Was looking forward to that pack but now it's a definite pass.

Ken looks rather good though.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but i had a quick skim through the thread and couldn't see any mention of it:

Have pics of the Wave 2 TRU exclusives been released yet? Packaging shots or promos etc... ?

I'm often the first in with the knife but from what I'm seeing from fwoosheyman's pics (thankyou :thumbsup: ) I reckon I need to say something positive. My disclaimer is.... I haven't a clue about the licence/game/blah blah .

We're told that each Minimate wave or set is produced to a budget which in the world we live in is good news & might be a factor in the longevity of the line in general....oh shut up bhm get on with it <_< .....

er...anyway....therefore look at King's mask ,I'm assuming (from a comment) that it ain't the ticket for fans of the licence but I'm counting at least four paint apps (maybe more ) which from where I'm looking is incredible . He also gets plenty of attention/budget in many other areas & if anybody is wondering why the others in the wave aren't up to scratch & there are no extras then I hope I may have explained the possible reasons ! The other characters in all honesty look OK to me but that comes from my vantage point of having no affinity for the characters ? Steve Fox's 'short's area' appears (from the pic) to be suffering from 'Minimate white paint on red syndrome' ......again ....& that is annoying because it would be so simple to cure if the designer talked a bit more to the printer ....c'est la vie.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Vega and Dhalsim are likely to be in Wave 3. From what I've calculated, the core (i.e. none DLC) characters should be covered in the three waves as well as MAYBE two DLC characters. Cody and Guy are both DLC so I don't think we're getting them, as I suspect the last SF slot will go to Blanka.

Do any of the characters come with any accessories? I've been hoping Ken would come with some Shoryuken style accessories.

I'm often the first in with the knife but from what I'm seeing from fwoosheyman's pics (thankyou :thumbsup: ) I reckon I need to say something positive. My disclaimer is.... I haven't a clue about the licence/game/blah blah .

We're told that each Minimate wave or set is produced to a budget which in the world we live in is good news & might be a factor in the longevity of the line in general....oh shut up bhm get on with it <_< .....

er...anyway....therefore look at King's mask ,I'm assuming (from a comment) that it ain't the ticket for fans of the licence but I'm counting at least four paint apps (maybe more ) which from where I'm looking is incredible . He also gets plenty of attention/budget in many other areas & if anybody is wondering why the others in the wave aren't up to scratch & there are no extras then I hope I may have explained the possible reasons !

You can have all the details and colors in the world but if his head looks like The Leader's, something is wrong, haha. I was hoping that it would be a scutlped 3D head instead of like a slip on mask.

I really hope we end up seeing Blanca, E. Honda, and Dhalsim at some point before this line ends.

Edited by MisterMiracle

Speaking of King: what’s the situation with his mask gonna be? sculpted head? sculpted slip cover? slip cover with Jaguar deco? plan head with Jaguar deco? can’t answer now and need to wait for the official reveal?

I believe it's a sculpted slipcover, but it may be a sculpted head.

I thought I had confirmed this statement later, but the slipcover was indeed the case.

er...anyway....therefore look at King's mask ,I'm assuming (from a comment) that it ain't the ticket for fans of the licence but I'm counting at least four paint apps (maybe more ) which from where I'm looking is incredible . He also gets plenty of attention/budget in many other areas & if anybody is wondering why the others in the wave aren't up to scratch & there are no extras then I hope I may have explained the possible reasons !

You can have all the details and colors in the world but if his head looks like The Leader's, something is wrong, haha. I was hoping that it would be a scutlped 3D head instead of like a slip on mask.

Even it it had been a sculpted 3-D head and not a slipcover, we've been showing the prototype since C2E2, and it pretty much looks exactly like this. It's my favorite 'Mate in the line, personally, but I'm only an occasional Tekken player.

They may have also had to pay more for this license than normal.

This is, I believe, accurate, and may have limited what we could put in the package with them. Two licensors. No piggybacking on Marvel this time.

I am most looking forward to king. I personally would have been more happy without the weird shaped extra big chest, but I can switch it out later. I am in the minority I guess when I say I like it.

The only thing that I'm thrown off by is how tiny/puny sagat looks..... I'm trying to remember, but isn't he really tall, even taller than almost every other character? He looks great, but just looks way too small.